News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 116,702 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
2009 College Football Thread
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »
I've always been more of a pro football guy, but I've never been inclined to give the amateurs short shrift.  So here it is.

I'll be in East Lansing Saturday watching some Big Sky patsy take their lumps against the Spartans, wondering how much schaudenrfeude the MSU fans will have at what's going on in Ann Arbor.

Will Tim Tebow walk on water this year?
Will the SEC still dominate?
Will the Big 10 be competitive?
Will Charlie Weis' frontbutt continue to get larger?
Will Illinois rebound this season?
Dows NIU have any chance against Wisconsin and Purdue?
Will JD now post more than once every 3 weeks?

Shit begins tonight.  Oregon and Boise State looks like good matchup late tonight to kick things off.

Have at it, boys.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 03, 2009, 10:25:59 AM
I've always been more of a pro football guy, but I've never been inclined to give the amateurs short shrift.  So here it is.

I'll be in East Lansing Satruday watching some Big Sky patsy take their lumps against the Spartans, wondering how much schaudenrfeude the MSU fans will have at what's going on in Ann Arbor.

Shit begins tonight.  Oregon and Boise State looks like good matchup late tonight to kick things off.

Have at it, boys.

Will Tim Tebow walk on water this year? Yes.
Will the SEC still dominate? Yes.
Will the Big 10 be competitive? Not really.
Will Charlie Weis' frontbutt continue to get larger? Till they can't fire him because it would cost too much to have him moved.
Will Illinois rebound this season? Yes. 8-4.
Dows NIU have any chance against Wisconsin and Purdue? No, Maybe.
Will JD now post more than once every 3 weeks? Not likely.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 03, 2009, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: MAD on September 03, 2009, 10:25:59 AM
I've always been more of a pro football guy, but I've never been inclined to give the amateurs short shrift.  So here it is.

I'll be in East Lansing Satruday watching some Big Sky patsy take their lumps against the Spartans, wondering how much schaudenrfeude the MSU fans will have at what's going on in Ann Arbor.

Shit begins tonight.  Oregon and Boise State looks like good matchup late tonight to kick things off.

Have at it, boys.

Will Tim Tebow walk on water this year? Yes.
Will the SEC still dominate? Yes.
Will the Big 10 be competitive? Not really.
Will Charlie Weis' frontbutt continue to get larger? Till they can't fire him because it would cost too much to have him moved.
Will Illinois rebound this season? Yes. 8-4.
Dows NIU have any chance against Wisconsin and Purdue? No, Maybe.
Will JD now post more than once every 3 weeks? Not likely.

I hope you're wrong.  I root for ND, but I'm looking forward to the Weis jokes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
Like the Rivals.com preview of the Illini said, we'll know alot about the team after the first four weeks.  They have Mizzou on Saturday, then Illinois State, and then Ohio State and Penn State.

It should be interesting.  I'll also be taking an extended holiday to come home for Homecoming down in Champaign.  I expect to be drunk from the moment I arrive.

Also, I have a man crush on Arrelious Benn.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 03, 2009, 11:28:23 AM
Like the Rivals.com preview of the Illini said, we'll know alot about the team after the first four weeks.  They have Mizzou on Saturday, then Illinois State, and then Ohio State and Penn State.

It should be interesting.  I'll also be taking an extended holiday to come home for Homecoming down in Champaign.  I expect to be drunk from the moment I arrive.

Also, I have a man crush of Arrelious Benn.

Needless to say, the Mizzou game is a must win so they have a decent chance at starting 2-2, fortunately the schedule eases up after that, although I still want to know why the fuck Ron Guenther scheduled a non-conference game in November AT Cincinnati, the Big East favorite. I've got tickets to the Penn State game in Champaign, so even more reason to hope for the upset.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 03, 2009, 11:32:14 AM
Like the Rivals.com preview of the Illini said, we'll know alot about the team after the first four weeks.  They have Mizzou on Saturday, then Illinois State, and then Ohio State and Penn State.

It should be interesting.  I'll also be taking an extended holiday to come home for Homecoming down in Champaign.  I expect to be drunk from the moment I arrive.

Needless to say, the Mizzou game is a must win so they have a decent chance at starting 2-2, fortunately the schedule eases up after that, although I still want to know why the fuck Ron Guenther scheduled a non-conference game in November AT Cincinnati, the Big East favorite. I've got tickets to the Penn State game in Champaign, so even more reason to hope for the upset.

Also, what's up with Fresno State at the end of the season, at home?  I mean for both teams?  Why would Fresno want to come to what will probably be a freezing Champaign?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 03, 2009, 11:32:14 AM

When it comes to scheduling Ron Guenther is absolutely clueless. The first few years at least after rebuilding the stadium should have 7 home games.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 07:31:13 AM »
Oregon runningback Legarette Blount (who said Boise State "had an ass whuppin" coming to them before the game), apparently didn't take well to having his statement shoved back in his face after Boise's 19-8 win. And by didn't take it well, I mean, he cold cocked a dude in the face.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/09/04/legarrette-blount-will-have-the-full-calorie-insanity-plz/#more-11916

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 04, 2009, 07:31:13 AM
Oregon runningback Legarette Blount (who said Boise State "had an ass whuppin" coming to them before the game), apparently didn't take well to having his statement shoved back in his face after Boise's 19-8 win. And by didn't take it well, I mean, he cold cocked a dude in the face.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/09/04/legarrette-blount-will-have-the-full-calorie-insanity-plz/#more-11916

TEC'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »
I definitely watched the wrong game.  That NC State, South Carolina game was a snooze.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »
Quote from: World B Free on September 04, 2009, 10:20:42 AM
I definitely watched the wrong game.  That NC State, South Carolina game was a snooze.

Boise St.-Oregon was pretty awful too. I can't believe many people stuck around long enough to see the punch.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
So what did you guys think of that Illini season? Wasn't very long or exciting.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »
Quote from: Slak on September 05, 2009, 04:48:40 PM
So what did you guys think of that Illini season? Wasn't very long or exciting.

At least we found out early that they are shitty.