News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Thick Of It  ( 1,847 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Thick Of It
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
Currently in the middle of season 4 on the BBC, this is a political... well, I was going to say satire, but like "Yes, (Prime) Minister" before it, it's probably too close to the truth to be satire.  It's from Armando Ianucci, the bloke behind "Veep", and the script (about a third of which is improvised, apparently) is just fucking breathtaking.  Malcolm Tucker might well be the greatest character in the history of television.  Seriously.  He's certainly the sweariest.

Just fucking ridiculously good.  I can't quite get my head around how good this is, actually.  Fucking hell.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Thick Of It
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 04, 2012, 02:32:53 PM
Currently in the middle of season 4 on the BBC, this is a political... well, I was going to say satire, but like "Yes, (Prime) Minister" before it, it's probably too close to the truth to be satire.  It's from Armando Ianucci, the bloke behind "Veep", and the script (about a third of which is improvised, apparently) is just fucking breathtaking.  Malcolm Tucker might well be the greatest character in the history of television.  Seriously.  He's certainly the sweariest.

Just fucking ridiculously good.  I can't quite get my head around how good this is, actually.  Fucking hell.

I may have seen an episode of this... let me check.

Yep, I sure did. It was hilarious.

Unlike Veep - which was stupid.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 04, 2012, 02:55:00 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 04, 2012, 02:32:53 PM

I may have seen an episode of this... let me check.

Yep, I sure did. It was hilarious.

I've never seen Veep, but I know it's how you guys might know Armando Ianucci.  If it's shit, ignore it.  The Thick Of It is still fucking amazing.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »

Since we somehow don't have a "Veep" thread, I'm bumping this to document how spectacularly wrong Slaky is here.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 28, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

Since we somehow don't have a "Veep" thread, I'm bumping this to document how spectacularly wrong Slaky is here.

Yeah I'm way wrong. I still haven't gone back and watched it but I sense a marathon in my near future. Almost everyone says it's great so they're probably right.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 30, 2014, 08:31:59 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 28, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

Yeah I'm way wrong. I still haven't gone back and watched it but I sense a marathon in my near future. Almost everyone says it's great so they're probably right.

This all was just an FYI because I think you (and most everyone else here) would love it. Definitely in the running for funniest show on TV and an amazing amount of quotable one-liners. The first two seasons are really good, but I think the just-completed third is its best so far.