News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 NFL Season  ( 34,767 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 NFL Season
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 10:23:54 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2009, 10:19:18 AM
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 10:11:50 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 08, 2009, 10:06:59 AM
Atlanta @ San Francisco (-3). I think the Falcons look like a nice pick here. Would anyone like to argue otherwise? I'm thinking of putting some cheddar down since I don't have a Bears game to get the blood boiling on Sunday.

I would prefer Atlanta to win as they play the Bears next, but I'm otherwise opposed to giving advice in games where people are actually laying down some cake.   My advice?   Stop giving us a peephole into your degenerate habits.

What does Atlanta winning this game have to do with their game against the Beloved?

Ask Thrillho.

Just more of a comfort level thing.  I'd prefer the Bears play a decent team coming off a win than off a loss because they may not be playing as urgently, especially coming off a big divisional win on the road.

The 49ers and Falcons are in the same division now? God damn realignment. Sneaks up so fast.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2009, 10:38:39 AM
The 49ers and Falcons are in the same division now? God damn realignment. Sneaks up so fast.

Good gord I need to stop slamming Robitussin in the morning.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
I would prefer Atlanta to win as they play the Bears next, but I'm otherwise opposed to giving advice in games where people are actually laying down some cake.   My advice?   Stop giving us a peephole into your degenerate habits.

What does Atlanta winning this game have to do with their game against the Beloved?

Ask Thrillho.

Just more of a comfort level thing.  I'd prefer the Bears play a decent team coming off a win than off a loss because they may not be playing as urgently, especially coming off a big divisional win on the road.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You handled that quote about as well as DeRo handles post season grounders.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2009, 10:44:15 AM

But DeRo was the tallest midget in a circus full of midgetsuck in 3 whole playoff games!!!!!
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2009, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
I would prefer Atlanta to win as they play the Bears next, but I'm otherwise opposed to giving advice in games where people are actually laying down some cake.   My advice?   Stop giving us a peephole into your degenerate habits.

Ask Thrillho.

Just more of a comfort level thing.  I'd prefer the Bears play a decent team coming off a win than off a loss because they may not be playing as urgently, especially coming off a big divisional win on the road.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The original QuoteFAIL was mine, as I hit the button twice and quoted Huey twice, so I went to fix that by erasing one of the quotes, which apparently messed up the HTML and took away that fancy purple box. I assume Huey just quoted my QuoteFAIL. The important thing is that Atlanta is the favorite over San Francisco in the NFC Trans Continental Division.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2009, 10:46:42 AM
The original QuoteFAIL was mine, as I hit the button twice and quoted Huey twice, so I went to fix that by erasing one of the quotes, which apparently messed up the HTML and took away that fancy purple box. I assume Huey just quoted my QuoteFAIL. The important thing is that Atlanta is the favorite over San Francisco in the NFC Trans Continental Division.

Hey!  In fairness, in spite of the fact that they are in fact on other sides of the continent, those two teams were in the same division for years.

(Same goes with the Braves being in the old NL West.  What the fuck was it about Atlanta that made people so geography-challenged?)
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 10:52:37 AM

Hey!  In fairness, in spite of the fact that they are in fact on other sides of the continent, those two teams were in the same division for years.

(Same goes with the Braves being in the old NL West.  What the fuck was it about Atlanta that made people so geography-challenged?)

The Dallas Fucking Cowboys are still somehow in the NFC East.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »

I dont know, Huey. Between this and your assertion during training camp that Marty Booker was still a Bear, I'm beginning to think you're getting a little senile.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2009, 11:03:33 AM

I dont know, Huey. Between this and your assertion during training camp that Marty Booker was still a Bear, I'm beginning to think you're getting a little senile.

What do you mean "a little"?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2009, 11:26:13 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 08, 2009, 11:23:06 AM

Insert some Fork tritejoke about Oleg, "little" et.al...
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 08, 2009, 11:01:29 AM

And teh Colts are in the AFC South. Yet they are very accomodating to their divisional foes, politely closing their roof lest the bitter Indiana winter give them an unfair advantage. I keep telling my friends that they should find a way to sabotage that thing and some of them wholeheartedly agree.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 11:26:13 AM

And if somebody rips it for being unfunny you can just call it a Simpson's reference and make them feel like shit. WIN.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 08, 2009, 11:37:00 AM

And if somebody rips it for being unfunny you can just call it a Simpson's reference and make them feel like shit. WIN.

At least you're able to let go of your FACINGS.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 08, 2009, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 08, 2009, 11:37:00 AM

At least you're able to let go of your FACINGS.

FACING is fun if you can laugh at your own FACE.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 08, 2009, 11:01:29 AM

Geographic divisions are far more meaningless in the NFL than in any other sport, since there's no such thing as multi-game road trips (the exception being the odd occasion when a team might play the Giants and Jets back-to-back). As such, the traditional Cowboys rivalries (Giants/Skins/Iggles) can stay intact.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16