News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twins SPLOOGEFEST  ( 58,226 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
God damn I love this team.  After treading water at .500 for both July and August AND losing Justin Morneau, the Twins have gone 16-9 in September (11-2 since Morneau went down).  They just knocked off the Tigers in 10 innings to pull within 1 game of the AL Central lead.  Plus, they give the White Sox fits.  I might actually watch their postseason.
Hire Jim Essian!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:45:04 PM »
Yeah, but has Visanthe whipped it out yet?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »
Kermit, I will join you in naming the Twins the Official Life Raft of the 2009 Season.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »
I could care less about baseball anymore, particularly the AL, and I know that you're a Twins fan, BK...but considering what's going on in Detroit and the way the Tigers have been towards the community this year (there was an excellent article in SI last week), I gotta say that I'm definitely rooting for the Tigers here.

So suck it, Minnesota.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
Pen hates the Twins?

I am double super rooting for them now.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 29, 2009, 02:51:50 PM
Pen hates the Twins?

Would you read the article if I told you it had photos of Liza Minelli in it?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 29, 2009, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: Jon on September 29, 2009, 02:51:50 PM
Pen hates the Twins?

Would you read the article if I told you it had photos of Liza Minelli in it?

Do I look like a common Morph?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 29, 2009, 02:50:36 PM
I could care less about baseball anymore, particularly the AL, and I know that you're a Twins fan, BK...but considering what's going on in Detroit and the way the Tigers have been towards the community this year (there was an excellent article in SI last week), I gotta say that I'm definitely rooting for the Tigers here.

So suck it, Minnesota.

Good point.  The Twins are such dicks for doing charity in their own city, which isn't a big shithole like Detroit.
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »
Isn't Verlander pitching against some unknown schlub tonight?

/bonerpunch
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 29, 2009, 02:55:39 PM

So suck it, Minnesota.

Good point.  The Twins are such dicks for doing charity in their own city, which isn't a big shithole like Detroit.

I'm glad to see you've continued your Ripken-esque streak of missing the point.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 29, 2009, 02:58:39 PM

So suck it, Minnesota.

Pen's grabbing an American flag and driving his foreign car up to cheer on his TIGERZ!!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
For the record I like both teams, but I generally pull more for Detroit.  I hold that monstrosity of a "ballpark" against the Twins, even though it's not their fault.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 03:07:46 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »

So suck it, Minnesota.

Oh, what was the point?  Was it hidden somewhere in the Shoutbox?  I didn't root for the Yankees during the 2001 World Series.  I'm sure as shit not rooting for the Tigers this year.
Hire Jim Essian!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 29, 2009, 03:37:13 PM

So suck it, Minnesota.

Oh, what was the point? 

That he respects the charity work the Tigers have done.