News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 174,966 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #1185 on: June 09, 2010, 10:29:02 PM »
Hopefully all the bandwagon fans and facebook people can go back to never watching the Hawks play again
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: June 09, 2010, 10:38:12 PM »
That moment with Roenick was absolutely incredible. He couldn't keep it together - let his inner Hawk come out. He mentioned a moment when the Hawks lost a playoff series at the old Stadium and JR left the ice and saw a little kid crying. I think that memory got the best of him along with trying to process that the Hawks had just won the Stanley Cup. I remember that game vividly. That was just great, great television. Well done.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:59 PM »
Well, 57th Street just saw its first girly convertible with cheering shirtless guys. I imagine Maroon Thunder will take them out.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #1188 on: June 09, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2010, 10:38:12 PM
That moment with Roenick was absolutely incredible. He couldn't keep it together - let his inner Hawk come out. He mentioned a moment when the Hawks lost a playoff series at the old Stadium and JR left the ice and saw a little kid crying. I think that memory got the best of him along with trying to process that the Hawks had just won the Stanley Cup. I remember that game vividly. That was just great, great television. Well done.
That was great.  Would have been nice if Millbury would have shut the fuck up though.  

Congrats to everybody who suffered through some shitty years.  Enjoy it, dudes.  

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: June 09, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on June 09, 2010, 10:45:22 PM
That was great.  Would have been nice if Millbury would have shut the fuck up though.  

THIS.  I don't deny jumping on the bandwagon, but to you guys who have waited years for this day, congratulations.  And thanks for teaching me more about hockee this season as I lurked in this thread (can we get a title change now?).  This team is awesome.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: June 09, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on June 09, 2010, 10:45:22 PM

First game: 1992 Game 4 Finals, with the old man.

And this is a thousand times better.

Just, amazing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: June 09, 2010, 10:50:27 PM »
PARADE.  10 am.  Wacker and Washington.  I'll be there.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: June 09, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
Beyond tonight, I think my favorite moments in the playoffs was in game 5 of the opening series. That Kane goal with about 15 or so seconds to go and then Hossa redeeming himself with the OT goal? Fucking gold

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: June 09, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
I can't believe my favorite team in sports FINALLY won the championship!!! 49 years in the making, although i've only been a diehard since the late 80's. So awesome to see all the fans outside of Wrigley going ballistic. Hopefully before all Desipiots here die, we get to see all the fans going crazy outside Wrigely for a Cubbies championship.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1194 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
JR needs to be at the parade on Friday.  It would be right.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: June 09, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Holy shit. That Kane goal defied the laws of physics. What a weird experience watching it at a bar with the audio hard to follow - it took everyone a solid 5 seconds to realize that he scored. Then insanity ensued. Kaner is going to get a well-deserved sampling of Cook County's finest STDs this summer. Even as a shameless bandwagon fan these playoffs were fun as hell.

KANER!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: June 09, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2010, 11:07:12 PM
Holy shit. That Kane goal defied the laws of physics. What a weird experience watching it at a bar with the audio hard to follow - it took everyone a solid 5 seconds to realize that he scored. Then insanity ensued. Kaner is going to get a well-deserved sampling of Cook County's finest STDs this summer. Even as a shameless bandwagon fan these playoffs were fun as hell.

KANER!

Haha - someone was listening to Bernstein and Holmes.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: June 09, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »
I'm fucking elated, exhausted, spent.  Good on these guys, they deserved it, every one.

I love this fucking team.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: June 09, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 09, 2010, 11:15:14 PM
I'm fucking elated, exhausted, spent.  Good on these guys, they deserved it, every one.

I love this fucking team.

I deserve this. ME.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: June 09, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »
This Hawks team is my favorite Chicago sports team of all time.

Never, ever underestimate the power of the mullet.