News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 590,962 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4515 on: April 17, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 17, 2017, 04:14:48 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 17, 2017, 02:58:56 PM
Quote from: flannj on April 17, 2017, 01:45:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2017, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: flannj on April 16, 2017, 11:10:28 AM
Quote from: CBStew on April 16, 2017, 09:59:42 AM
I had the dream again last night.  The one where I am back in school and I am taking a final exam in
a course where I hadn't attended class or read the text book, or couldn't get to the room where the test was being given.  Except that this time it wasn't an exam, it was turning in my term paper.  It was a week before it was due.  Not only had I not started it, I didn't know what the topic was and I was discussing the assignment with the professor trying to get as much information from him as I could without revealing what a screw-up I was.  Why won't this dream leave me alone?  I was an undergraduate 60 years ago.  I never missed an assignment or a test.  I did rather well in college.  Why am I being haunted?  Why can't I go back to those great dreams where I am able to fly?

I just forwarded this to my kids.

Mrs. flannj just read this and she actually physically cringed. She has the same dream about her Musicology graduate classes.
Medieval music thesis writing can haunt you for life.

Wait Mrs. Flannj studied musicology? No shit, Mrs SKO is a musicology prof

Yeah, she has her masters in musicology (MM ?) from what used to be called the Chicago Musical College. It is a part of Roosevelt University.

She used to be a piano instructor as well.
I would come home from work and lie on the couch and listen to her play Mozart or Beethoven or Chopin or Bach or you name it almost every afternoon.

Fats Waller?

Her father was a jazz trumpeter from South Philadelphia. Started playing as a young boy, Army band and all through his life. But mrs. flannj while loving jazz can't play it

Ragtime is pre-jazz. You buy a kazoo and some Scott Joplin sheet, and y'all will be off to the races.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4516 on: April 17, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
But back to dreams. Mine are very rarely pleasant and often architecturally recurrent. The anxiety ones about missing a test or some indefinite amount of work are so common that I talk myself through them during the dream. I've even learned the layouts of some of the bizarre buildings, and I can almost navigate home through the twisty streets from the mystery train.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4517 on: April 17, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 17, 2017, 05:10:27 PM
But back to dreams. Mine are very rarely pleasant and often architecturally recurrent. The anxiety ones about missing a test or some indefinite amount of work are so common that I talk myself through them during the dream. I've even learned the layouts of some of the bizarre buildings, and I can almost navigate home through the twisty streets from the mystery train.

Airport dreams.
Can't find the gate
Can't find my bags
Can't find my ticket
It goes on and on

EDIT: excellent song wheezer
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4518 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
Quote from: flannj on April 17, 2017, 05:37:16 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 17, 2017, 05:10:27 PM

Airport dreams.
Can't find the gate
Can't find my bags
Can't find my ticket
It goes on and on

EDIT: excellent song wheezer

I have lucid dreams where I fuck everybody*.  They're fantastic.

*Must be a little bit what being Donald Trump feels like.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4519 on: April 19, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
Hendricks throwing 85 and giving up basically as many dingers in his first 3 starts as he gave up all last year has me a touch nervous he might be injured
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4520 on: April 19, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2017, 02:27:20 PM
Hendricks throwing 85 and giving up basically as many dingers in his first 3 starts as he gave up all last year has me a touch nervous he might be injured
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4521 on: April 19, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2017, 02:40:45 PM

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4522 on: April 20, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 19, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

Hendricks has gotten old?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4523 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:50 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 20, 2017, 11:19:06 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 19, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

Hendricks has gotten old?

Hopefully it's just dead arm.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4524 on: April 23, 2017, 05:20:18 PM »
For all of the zen I try to muster (and I do think I've been far more relaxed this year), everything about John Lackey still pisses me off

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4525 on: May 05, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
I'm willing to entertain a scenario where I could enjoy Jay Cutler, announcer.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4526 on: May 06, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 05, 2017, 05:00:21 PM
I'm willing to entertain a scenario where I could enjoy Jay Cutler, announcer.

The first time he sparks up a rail and cracks open a cold one on camera?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4527 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
My immediate reaction to the lack of civility lately is to blame Trump.  The fight between the Nationals and the Giants.  The fight on the floor of the Texas legislature.  The racial slur by the Denver Post columnist.  The outrageous home made signs waved around in public demonstrations. 
Since Trump's ascendency, some people feel that they have a license to say things publicly that during the last eight years they confined to their private thoughts.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4528 on: May 30, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 30, 2017, 01:53:16 PM
My immediate reaction to the lack of civility lately is to blame Trump.  The fight between the Nationals and the Giants.  The fight on the floor of the Texas legislature.  The racial slur by the Denver Post columnist.  The outrageous home made signs waved around in public demonstrations. 
Since Trump's ascendency, some people feel that they have a license to say things publicly that during the last eight years they confined to their private thoughts.

I don't see how one can put Giants/Nats on Trump. Dumb baseball fights have been happening for quite some time.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4529 on: May 30, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 30, 2017, 01:53:16 PM

You forgot the journalist getting assaulted by the eventual congressional electee in Montana, where said assault turned out to be a fundraising bonanza for him.
TIME TO POST!