News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,139 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4980 on: January 22, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 22, 2019, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 22, 2019, 01:51:20 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2019, 06:01:17 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 21, 2019, 05:56:22 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2019, 09:32:12 AM
... in today's outrage and jump to conclusions society, I enjoyed seeing how that teenage kid thing was overblown. I agreed with the anti-kid sentiments, but I enjoyed all those getting indignant on social media and their indignation was bullshit

I think the kid comes off a bit more sympathetic than at first glance, but, regardless of his carefully crafted explanation, it's hard to see past that smirk on his face anytime I watch the video.

Fuck him.

I concur with this.

Third.

Fourth.

Those kids are a bunch of rich fuckers who have enjoyed privilege their entire lives and have yet to suffer any consequence for their actions.  They are racist pieces of shit and, although I have hope that this will lead them to change the way they think about the world around them, more likely they will turn into Brock Turner and Brett Kavanaugh and still never face any real consequence.

Fuck. Them.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4981 on: January 22, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 22, 2019, 11:32:24 AM
... in today's outrage and jump to conclusions society, I enjoyed seeing how that teenage kid thing was overblown. I agreed with the anti-kid sentiments, but I enjoyed all those getting indignant on social media and their indignation was bullshit

I think the kid comes off a bit more sympathetic than at first glance, but, regardless of his carefully crafted explanation, it's hard to see past that smirk on his face anytime I watch the video.

Fuck him.

I concur with this.

Third.

Fourth.

Those kids are a bunch of rich fuckers who have enjoyed privilege their entire lives and have yet to suffer any consequence for their actions.  They are racist pieces of shit and, although I have hope that this will lead them to change the way they think about the world around them, more likely they will turn into Brock Turner and Brett Kavanaugh and still never face any real consequence.

Fuck. Them.
I felt sorry for the kid who is prominent in the video.  He seemed to be embarrassed.  On the other hand he wears a MAGA hat, so screw him!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4982 on: January 22, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 22, 2019, 11:53:55 AM

Fuck him.

I concur with this.

Third.

Fourth.

Fuck. Them.
I felt sorry for the kid who is prominent in the video.  He seemed to be embarrassed.  On the other hand he wears a MAGA hat, so screw him!

I suspect that he felt tremendous panic when his face appeared all over social media, especially in light of his school threatening investigations and expulsions. He's not sorry, he's only sorry he got caught.

That said, I'm reading now that there's evidence that this whole thing was spread by the same kind of Russian bots who interfered with our elections, so the whole point of this has been to cause dissent and conflict. It worked.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4983 on: January 22, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 22, 2019, 12:13:15 PM

Fuck him.

I concur with this.

Third.

Fourth.

Fuck. Them.

I suspect that he felt tremendous panic when his face appeared all over social media, especially in light of his school threatening investigations and expulsions. He's not sorry, he's only sorry he got caught.

That said, I'm reading now that there's evidence that this whole thing was spread by the same kind of Russian bots who interfered with our elections, so the whole point of this has been to cause dissent and conflict. It worked.

His parents spent a fuckload of dough to hire a PR firm, so now he's suddenly a victim.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4984 on: January 22, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 22, 2019, 04:21:02 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 22, 2019, 12:13:15 PM

Fuck him.

I concur with this.

Third.

Fourth.

Fuck. Them.

His parents spent a fuckload of dough to hire a PR firm, so now he's suddenly a victim.
He also attends a private school and wears a MAGA hat.  Screw him.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4985 on: January 22, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »
Guilt by association.
Guilty of looking at someone wrong.

Complain about Brock Turner and his unbelievably weak sentence. Complain about Jason Van Dyke, whose sentence is light because of both deficiencies in Illinois law and the judge's interpretation of case law.

Agree that some of the kids were obnoxious, doing the Tomahawk chop and screaming back at the protesters who approached them.

But tell me, what consequences do you think the smirking kid should suffer? Seriously. This overblown incident has become a national story, the rush to condemn these kids over a confrontation they did not initiate was so furious that the online mob identified the wrong student initially, and the school was closed today due to concerns about student safety. Over what? A group of high school boys acting like shitheads on a school trip?

As adults, all of us have participated in several stupid, juvenile, likely hurtful and offensive gags. What consequences would you all like to suffer? Are we going to promote an environment where you're going to keep watching your back for one ill-advised comment in an attempt to be funny instead inflamed the wrong Twitter handle?

I'll leave you with the words of President George W. Bush, speaking at the funeral for the murdered Dallas police officers three years ago:

"Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples - while judging ourselves by our best intentions. And this has strained our bonds of understanding and common purpose."

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4986 on: January 22, 2019, 06:31:13 PM »
Personally, the bar to which I hold students is how willing they are to acknowledge their mistakes, apologize, and learn. Doubling down on "I did nothing wrong" is enraging.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4987 on: January 23, 2019, 07:34:05 AM »
He's a racist shit. Fuck him and fuck W.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4988 on: January 25, 2019, 12:20:03 AM »
You people have way too much time on your hands.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4989 on: January 25, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 25, 2019, 12:20:03 AM
You people have way too much time on your hands.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4990 on: January 27, 2019, 12:11:46 PM »
... I had no idea that competitive Rock Paper Scissors was a thing.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4991 on: January 31, 2019, 11:44:53 PM »
... I may have the Tuvan one on a CD somewhere, but the Inuit throat singing is drawing me in.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4992 on: February 01, 2019, 06:43:05 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 31, 2019, 11:44:53 PM
... I may have the Tuvan one on a CD somewhere, but the Inuit throat singing is drawing me in.

It took me a few seconds to notice the melody - I knew I was hearing two sounds but my brain didn't isolate the top line - but when I did... well, that's fucking amazing.

I have seen this before, although it was called "overtone singing".  This girl makes some really astonishing noises.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4993 on: February 05, 2019, 08:46:30 AM »

Dreamed I was an Eskimo...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4994 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 05, 2019, 08:46:30 AM

Dreamed I was an Eskimo...

Were there pigeons?