News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 590,958 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4305 on: October 19, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 19, 2016, 06:38:07 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 19, 2016, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 19, 2016, 12:09:18 PM
Damn. Miss a little, miss a lot.

I would just like the Cubs to win the next two games so I don't have to hear Dodgers fans screaming at me that "IT'S A LONG FUCKING WAY TO THE NORTH SIDE, YOU GOATFUCKER," whatever that means, as I'm leaving the stadium.

It means you have sex with goats.

I have it on good authority that if you do it at the edge of a cliff, the goat pushes back into you.

Yeah, that part I got. I'm just not sure what the distance between the cities has to do with winning or losing.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4306 on: October 19, 2016, 07:54:25 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 19, 2016, 07:25:17 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 19, 2016, 06:38:07 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 19, 2016, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 19, 2016, 12:09:18 PM
Damn. Miss a little, miss a lot.

I would just like the Cubs to win the next two games so I don't have to hear Dodgers fans screaming at me that "IT'S A LONG FUCKING WAY TO THE NORTH SIDE, YOU GOATFUCKER," whatever that means, as I'm leaving the stadium.

It means you have sex with goats.

I have it on good authority that if you do it at the edge of a cliff, the goat pushes back into you.

Yeah, that part I got. I'm just not sure what the distance between the cities has to do with winning or losing.
He's questioning your decision to root for a team while not currently existing close to the town where their home games are based.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4307 on: October 20, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2016, 07:59:23 AM
Alright, I'm out. It's been a good ride, clearly I've overstayed my welcome. I am not the first, or only person to have bitched incessantly about last night's game but whatever. Everything I say is clearly toxic at this point. CT's your new admin. Have a good one fellas.

QuoteI have a Rizzo jersey I got for Christmas. I wear it all the time, unashamedly. I also have a Rich Harden jersey because my ex-sister in law got it for 5 bucks at a flea market and gave it to me, and fuck it, I wear that, too.

I like my team. Baseball is fun. Jerseys are fun. Sports should be fun. It's all childish and there's nothing wrong with that.

Get a grip.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4308 on: October 20, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »
Quote from: flannj on October 20, 2016, 11:50:28 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2016, 07:59:23 AM
Alright, I'm out. It's been a good ride, clearly I've overstayed my welcome. I am not the first, or only person to have bitched incessantly about last night's game but whatever. Everything I say is clearly toxic at this point. CT's your new admin. Have a good one fellas.

QuoteI have a Rizzo jersey I got for Christmas. I wear it all the time, unashamedly. I also have a Rich Harden jersey because my ex-sister in law got it for 5 bucks at a flea market and gave it to me, and fuck it, I wear that, too.

I like my team. Baseball is fun. Jerseys are fun. Sports should be fun. It's all childish and there's nothing wrong with that.

Get a grip.

Ooooo...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4309 on: October 21, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »
...I think it's lame that Cleveland won't invite Charlie Sheen in character as "Wild Thing" to throw out a first pitch.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4310 on: October 23, 2016, 12:41:15 AM »
...I really thought I'd cry more than this.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #4311 on: October 23, 2016, 12:54:03 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 23, 2016, 12:41:15 AM
...I really thought I'd cry more than this.

I was a gusher until about 20 minutes ago. Guess I'm a softie.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #4312 on: October 23, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »
I laughed and cried and scared the dogs.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4313 on: October 23, 2016, 05:06:51 AM »
... I'm still totes emosh.  As many of you will discover when you drag yourselves out of your pits this morning, the feeling doesn't go away: I've been randomly tearing up all morning.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4314 on: October 23, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
...I kept it mostly to a little moistness in the eyes until I saw Bob Newhart with the flag his grandkids made him, which was the last straw and the floodgates opened.

Also, when the DP happened I reflexively made a weird, high pitched whooping noise that I have never made before, and probably could never replicate on purpose.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4315 on: October 23, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 23, 2016, 07:42:12 AM
...I kept it mostly to a little moistness in the eyes until I saw Bob Newhart with the flag his grandkids made him, which was the last straw and the floodgates opened.

Also, when the DP happened I reflexively made a weird, high pitched whooping noise that I have never made before, and probably could never replicate on purpose.

Ha, I also made a strange sound, mostly because I was trying not to wake the kids or the neighbours.  Sort of a strangled shriek.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4316 on: October 23, 2016, 09:10:44 AM »
No tears here. Just an overwhelming sense of satisfaction, pride in the team, and an inability to sleep well due to general excitement. I could read Cubs articles literally all day long, and watch interviews. I'm very, very happy for all the older guys who've been waiting a lot longer than me.

And they could be even better next year.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4317 on: October 23, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
I didn't get emotional until I started getting phone calls from the guys I used to cut school with to go to Cub games.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4318 on: October 23, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
After the dropped fly ball in the first, the nerves were gone.  Actually a relaxing experience.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4319 on: October 23, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 23, 2016, 11:16:36 AM
After the dropped fly ball in the first, the nerves were gone.  Actually a relaxing experience.

Yah, it was an oddly serene moment for me, although that may have something to do with a good long crying/laughing emotional release maybe a week and a half ago imagining it, for no obvious reason. Just came over me.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!