News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,138 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4470 on: December 14, 2016, 03:26:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2016, 10:08:13 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 13, 2016, 12:01:32 PM
Back in 1949 my family moved from Chicago to California.  I regretted it then.  When I saw the weather on TV today I realized once again that my parents made the right decision.  The only things that I miss about Chicago are the Cubs and the Art Institute.  (And the months of May and June.)

I'd rather suffer through each winter if it meant I didn't have to be around native Californians every day. I should really stop working for companies headquartered there.

I'll see what I can do about getting you a job in a company full of Germans.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4471 on: December 14, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 14, 2016, 03:26:38 AM
Back in 1949 my family moved from Chicago to California.  I regretted it then.  When I saw the weather on TV today I realized once again that my parents made the right decision.  The only things that I miss about Chicago are the Cubs and the Art Institute.  (And the months of May and June.)

I'd rather suffer through each winter if it meant I didn't have to be around native Californians every day. I should really stop working for companies headquartered there.

I'll see what I can do about getting you a job in a company full of Germans.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4472 on: December 14, 2016, 10:58:36 AM »

I could write a book about the defensiveness of San Franciscans.  They rant about how superior San Francisco is to Los Angeles (and anyplace else).  But when you go to Los Angeles and ask them what they think about San Francisco they aren't even aware that there is a competition going on.  They say complimentary things and change the subject.  (True, they are aware of the Giants/Dodgers rivalry.  But that was inherited when those teams moved here from New York and  Brooklyn.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4473 on: December 14, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 14, 2016, 10:58:36 AM

I could write a book about the defensiveness of San Franciscans.  They rant about how superior San Francisco is to Los Angeles (and anyplace else).  But when you go to Los Angeles and ask them what they think about San Francisco they aren't even aware that there is a competition going on.  They say complimentary things and change the subject.  (True, they are aware of the Giants/Dodgers rivalry.  But that was inherited when those teams moved here from New York and  Brooklyn.)

Take it from me, some guy on the internet who has lived in both SF and LA: San Francisco is better.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4474 on: December 14, 2016, 05:51:11 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 14, 2016, 02:15:10 PM

Take it from me, some guy on the internet who has lived in both SF and LA: San Francisco is better.

According to Ruth Reichl, LA is "3 million people, looking for a city."
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4475 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 14, 2016, 05:51:11 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 14, 2016, 02:15:10 PM

According to Ruth Reichl, LA is "3 million people, looking for a city."

And out driving around looking for that city.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4476 on: December 15, 2016, 08:25:41 AM »

Bay area people fucking love the bay area. When I would tell people I was moving back to Chicago after living there for a few years they seemed so confused. I would get blank stares and puzzled looks and after a long delay they would usually just say "Why?".

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4477 on: December 16, 2016, 04:21:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 05, 2016, 09:32:45 AM
I'm starting to get over it.

I'm thinking about goals for the near future.

I want Schwarbs to hit .400 out of the leadoff spot.

These are all reasonable things.

QuoteCubs manager Joe Maddon mentioned Schwarber as a possibility to lead off when he met with reporters at the Winter Meetings last week.

"Schwarber is not a bad name,'' Maddon said. "Kyle is not a bad name at all. ... Actually, a couple years ago, I considered leading Kyle off and putting Dexter second. But all our nerds did all the work and they really liked Fowler one and liked Schwarber two, just based on the data, so I went with that and it worked out well. Now, all of the sudden, Dexter is not there anymore. It's not impossible to consider Kyle in that spot.''

Startin' to come together, Pepper! Startin' to come together.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4478 on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 16, 2016, 04:21:13 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 05, 2016, 09:32:45 AM
I'm starting to get over it.

I'm thinking about goals for the near future.

I want Schwarbs to hit .400 out of the leadoff spot.

These are all reasonable things.

QuoteCubs manager Joe Maddon mentioned Schwarber as a possibility to lead off when he met with reporters at the Winter Meetings last week.

"Schwarber is not a bad name,'' Maddon said. "Kyle is not a bad name at all. ... Actually, a couple years ago, I considered leading Kyle off and putting Dexter second. But all our nerds did all the work and they really liked Fowler one and liked Schwarber two, just based on the data, so I went with that and it worked out well. Now, all of the sudden, Dexter is not there anymore. It's not impossible to consider Kyle in that spot.''

Startin' to come together, Pepper! Startin' to come together.

The record for leadoff HRs in a season is 12. Schwarber will beat that by Memorial Day.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4479 on: December 26, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »
Still laughing about Jon Hamm attending Cubs playoff games in Cardinals gear, for some reason. Hope he got tickets to the games in Cleveland.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4480 on: December 26, 2016, 11:40:13 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 26, 2016, 11:23:05 AM
Still laughing about Jon Hamm attending Cubs playoff games in Cardinals gear, for some reason. Hope he got tickets to the games in Cleveland.

Right next to the guy with the "Cubs choke" sign.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4481 on: January 02, 2017, 02:23:52 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 26, 2016, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 26, 2016, 11:23:05 AM

Right next to the guy with the "Cubs choke" sign.

Another guy I hope choked on his Provel-stuffed shitburger during the World Series: Bob "Pedro Strop's Hat Offends Me As a White Man" Costas.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4482 on: January 12, 2017, 04:04:43 PM »
Thrill has posted the new Dead Pool thread 4 different times and I keep deleting it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4483 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 12, 2017, 04:04:43 PM
Thrill has posted the new Dead Pool thread 4 different times and I keep deleting it.

Power has changed you, man.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4484 on: January 14, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
...the appeal of "esports" is entirely lost on me.