News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 590,956 )

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4755 on: February 16, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 15, 2018, 08:48:44 PM
Quote from: Uncouth Sloth on February 15, 2018, 03:16:19 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 15, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: The Uncouth Sloth on February 15, 2018, 02:40:23 PM
I thought this place went tits up years ago. Shit, I'm glad to see I was wrong

We all thought the same about you.

don't be mean on my first day back. I admit my mistake and I am glad to be here

Nice to see you again, sir. What's new?

Well, the whole mafuckin world seems to be crumbling around me, and I feel like I'm pretty much the same.

I did gain, then lose, an internship position with BP Wrigleyville. They tried to tell me what I could and couldn't post on Twitter. I reminded them that I could very well be their shitty mothers' baby daddy, more or less.

but Other than WhiteGurlFeminism, the unchecked spread of Americanism, and the fact that I am a grandpa at my young age, I guess I'm ok

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4756 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:14 AM »
I forgot to add that we got to see the Cubs win a World Series!

I mean, people forget about that all the time.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4757 on: February 19, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
... the excessive social media love by (as I've observed by their previous postings) progressives for Black Panther feels a little too much of "Look at me, the Progressive, I like a movie with a black lead and balck director."

Maybe there's some awesomeness about this character/story that nerds will educate me on, but it feels like people are trying too hard

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4758 on: February 19, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 19, 2018, 06:55:05 PM
... the excessive social media love by (as I've observed by their previous postings) progressives for Black Panther feels a little too much of "Look at me, the Progressive, I like a movie with a black lead and balck director."

Maybe there's some awesomeness about this character/story that nerds will educate me on, but it feels like people are trying too hard

Just tired of hearing about it's blickety blackness are we
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4759 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:10 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 19, 2018, 09:07:42 PM

Just tired of hearing about it’s blickety blackness are we

No, I'm just entertained by the overzealous love by people.

The fact that it's a pre-dominately black movie that's not a Tyler Perry flick is fantastic. The craze behind people posting on social media, that feels somewhat fake. That's my issue

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4760 on: February 20, 2018, 07:41:07 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 20, 2018, 12:36:10 AM

The fact that it's a pre-dominately black movie that's not a Tyler Perry flick is fantastic. The craze behind people posting on social media, that feels somewhat fake. That's my issue

People have always patted themselves on the back for being progressive about race, gender, sexuality, and everything else. It beats the alternative.
M'lady.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4761 on: February 20, 2018, 09:39:15 AM »

There's the Yeti ClassicTM material this website has been missing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4762 on: February 20, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »

To be fair, you can cound all the balck directors on one hadn.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4763 on: February 20, 2018, 10:28:36 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 20, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

To be fair, you can cound all the balck directors on one hadn.

Why is my optoat ass being hauled in for this discussion?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4764 on: February 20, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »

I do think a lot of people think it's a genuinely really good movie?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4765 on: February 20, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »

Yoda?  Is that you?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4766 on: February 20, 2018, 12:29:41 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 20, 2018, 11:23:48 AM

It probably is. I just think people are, going to what Krut said, quick to pat themselves on the back for being progressive in their film watching. It is better than the alternative, but I find it to be a little too pander-y for my taste

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4767 on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 20, 2018, 12:29:41 PM

It probably is. I just think people are, going to what Krut said, quick to pat themselves on the back for being progressive in their film watching. It is better than the alternative, but I find it to be a little too pander-y for my taste

Yeah. Technically, it's still a form of racism. "I see you're different, but I'm cool with it!" If that was true, you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up to begin with. I realize it's a generally awkward subject, and, in the grand scheme of things, there are things much worse than self-congratulatory "I see no colour, aren't I progressive" racism.
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4768 on: February 20, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 20, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

Yeah. Technically, it's still a form of racism. "I see you're different, but I'm cool with it!" If that was true, you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up to begin with. I realize it's a generally awkward subject, and, in the grand scheme of things, there are things much worse than self-congratulatory "I see no colour, aren't I progressive" racism.

I haven't seen it yet, but did check out the first 5 minutes of Red Letter's review. They said it was a bit mundane for the first hour but closed well. Agree or disagree?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4769 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 20, 2018, 02:39:36 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on February 20, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but did check out the first 5 minutes of Red Letter's review. They said it was a bit mundane for the first hour but closed well. Agree or disagree?
The movie, which I also haven't seen, has generated a lot of interest here because it takes place in Oakland.  Of course that doesn't mean very much since for all we know most of it was probably shot in Toronto to save costs and avoid the unions. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)