News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  ( 16,402 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 19, 2009, 09:24:06 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 19, 2009, 08:24:12 AM
IN BEFORE WEEBS!

Saw this on Friday night.  I didn't think it was the scariest movie of all time like people have been saying, but it had it's moments.  There were a couple of really creepy scenes.  It might make it tough for you to sleep the first night or two after, especially if you live in a creaky house. 
On the bright side, I went to the theater on Western and got to hear 100 minorities yell shit at the screen like "ooooooo boy don't go out there" and "ooooooooooo shit" every time something remotely scary happened. 

Bitch get out the room! Bitch get out the room!

This is why the Uptown theater needs to be re-opened. I think I was 16 before I realized movies weren't necessarily interactive.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 20, 2009, 08:07:16 AM
IN BEFORE WEEBS!

Saw this on Friday night.  I didn't think it was the scariest movie of all time like people have been saying, but it had it's moments.  There were a couple of really creepy scenes.  It might make it tough for you to sleep the first night or two after, especially if you live in a creaky house.  
On the bright side, I went to the theater on Western and got to hear 100 minorities yell shit at the screen like "ooooooo boy don't go out there" and "ooooooooooo shit" every time something remotely scary happened.  

This post will make Tank furious, but I literally laughed out loud and people stared at me when I read Slak's post.

Furious? Hardly.

I'm happy to see you understanding what someone else is talking about for once.

(God bless you, Paul Rudd.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 20, 2009, 09:21:40 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 20, 2009, 08:07:16 AM
IN BEFORE WEEBS!

Saw this on Friday night.  I didn't think it was the scariest movie of all time like people have been saying, but it had it's moments.  There were a couple of really creepy scenes.  It might make it tough for you to sleep the first night or two after, especially if you live in a creaky house.  

This post will make Tank furious, but I literally laughed out loud and people stared at me when I read Slak's post.

Furious? Hardly.

I'm happy to see you understanding what someone else is talking about for once.

(God bless you, Paul Rudd.)

Hooray, progress!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
This film scared the living shit out of me. Although I saw it in Jordan Creek Mall in West Des Moines, so the minorities were nowhere to be seen and the comments were limited to "Oh my!" But yeah, I was downright terrified, and fuck the comparisons to that shitty, overrated Blair Witch crap. This movie was legitimately scary.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2009, 08:29:05 AM
This film scared the living shit out of me. Although I saw it in Jordan Creek Mall in West Des Moines, so the minorities were nowhere to be seen and the comments were limited to "Oh my!" But yeah, I was downright terrified, and fuck the comparisons to that shitty, overrated Blair Witch crap. This movie was legitimately scary.

The computer rankings seem to agree.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 09:50:28 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 02, 2009, 09:46:40 AM

Yeah but those rankings don't really SEE the quality of the viewers. Like I'm an upright citizen, one fond of watching scary movies, and it terrified me. But those numbers could be inflated by the people who simply tagged along with friends but texted the whole time, or even people who went to see the movie more than once. I'll trust my own eyes, thank you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2009, 09:50:28 AM

Yeah but those rankings don't really SEE the quality of the viewers. Like I'm an upright citizen, one fond of watching scary movies, and it terrified me. But those numbers could be inflated by the people who simply tagged along with friends but texted the whole time, or even people who went to see the movie more than once. I'll trust my own eyes, thank you.

I'm probably not going to see this movie anytime soon, but could you (in either a spoilery or non-spoilery way) explain why this is so terrifying?

If you want to PM me to tell me, go ahead, but be aware that poss. hje will have to be included.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 04, 2009, 12:26:38 AM

I'm probably not going to see this movie anytime soon, but could you (in either a spoilery or non-spoilery way) explain why this is so terrifying?

If you want to PM me to tell me, go ahead, but be aware that poss. hje will have to be included.

It just has a very realistic feel to it, and the way it develops is really convincing. The way events progress from just creaks and bumps in the night that we all deal with up until the moment when you start to realize something demonic really is happening to these people just draws you in. Frankly it was the movie that gave me trouble sleeping, which to me is the kind of experience you want from a scary movie.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 04, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 04, 2009, 12:26:38 AM

It just has a very realistic feel to it, and the way it develops is really convincing. The way events progress from just creaks and bumps in the night that we all deal with up until the moment when you start to realize something demonic really is happening to these people just draws you in. Frankly it was the movie that gave me trouble sleeping, which to me is the kind of experience you want from a scary movie.

SKO hasn't had this much trouble sleeping since that nightmare about having to hail a cab.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Saw this last week and was disappointed by it. It wasn't the scariest movie ever, not by a long shot. It was more of a creepy movie and listening to the noises. Not many scary moments that make you jump, maybe 2 tops.

I liked the change of pace as compared to watching the CGI orgy fests where they have to have something blow up every 2 seconds (Que up the most overblown trailer ever: 2012).

For 15,000 bucks it took to make it was better than 90% of the so called Scary movies that come out each year. I think i just wanted more to happen and to be scared more than it did. Which really wasn't much.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 01:56:52 PM
Saw this last week and was disappointed by it. It wasn't the scariest movie ever, not by a long shot. It was more of a creepy movie and listening to the noises. Not many scary moments that make you jump, maybe 2 tops.

I liked the change of pace as compared to watching the CGI orgy fests where they have to have something blow up every 2 seconds (Que up the most overblown trailer ever: 2012).

For 15,000 bucks it took to make it was better than 90% of the so called Scary movies that come out each year. I think i just wanted more to happen and to be scared more than it did. Which really wasn't much.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 06, 2009, 02:16:06 PM

What?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 02:31:05 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 02:29:08 PM

What?

Yea

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

What?

I am sorry did you have something important to say? Ohh right you never do.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 02:46:11 PM

What?

I am sorry did you have something important to say? Ohh right you never do.
¿Que?