News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  ( 4,049 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Assassin's Creed 2
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Anyone else picking this up? I know the original was repetitive but I think this has potential of being good as the concept's nice.  Apparently here are some ways it's improved...

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 16, 2009, 10:14:55 AM
Anyone else picking this up? I know the original was repetitive but I think this has potential of being good as the concept's nice.  Apparently here are some ways it's improved...

I'll pick it up when the price drops or I'll get it through Goozex.  I don't doubt it will be good, but if I'm just going to play single player, I don't have that much incentive to grab it on release day.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 16, 2009, 10:41:09 AM

I'll pick it up when the price drops or I'll get it through Goozex.  I don't doubt it will be good, but if I'm just going to play single player, I don't have that much incentive to grab it on release day.

I'm grabbing it tomorrow.  The first one was one of my favorite games in a while, and that was even riddled with problems.  This one not only fixes most every problem from the original, but adds on and improves nearly everything.  My expectations are probably too high, but I've really been looking forward to this game.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 11:30:26 AM

I'm grabbing it tomorrow.  The first one was one of my favorite games in a while, and that was even riddled with problems.  This one not only fixes most every problem from the original, but adds on and improves nearly everything.  My expectations are probably too high, but I've really been looking forward to this game.

This is the last game that I am probably going to pick up for a while, because, with MW2 a fixture in the console, I doubt I'm going to play this game until around Christmas, at the earliest.

Assassin's Creed was the first game I bought for the PS3 and I am pretty wedded to the franchise now.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 11:54:32 AM

This is the last game that I am probably going to pick up for a while, because, with MW2 a fixture in the console, I doubt I'm going to play this game until around Christmas, at the earliest.

Assassin's Creed was the first game I bought for the PS3 and I am pretty wedded to the franchise now.

I thought Assassin's was one of the more pretty games I'd seen in a while, though I have a hard time playing it.  I must have the attention span of a nat because I just can never seem to get anything done with it.  I'm always riding a horse through Hirule or whatever it's called.  I get distracted by the hookers.  I hate the knights that always seem to come after if you ride your horse too fast.  That game sucked.  But it was good.  I think.

I doubt I'll get it right away.  I'm not even 10% done with the original.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2009, 12:57:18 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 11:54:32 AM

I thought Assassin's was one of the more pretty games I'd seen in a while, though I have a hard time playing it.  I must have the attention span of a nat because I just can never seem to get anything done with it.  I'm always riding a horse through Hirule or whatever it's called.  I get distracted by the hookers.  I hate the knights that always seem to come after if you ride your horse too fast.  That game sucked.  But it was good.  I think.

I doubt I'll get it right away.  I'm not even 10% done with the original.

The horse crap in the countryside was one of the biggest problems with that game.  It was a massive, detailed world, but there wasn't shit to do in it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
DPD

Has anybody besides Yeti bought/played this game?  I'm finding it incredibly difficult to stop playing once I get started.  They improved on the first game in every conceivable way.  My only complaint for a while had been the controls were a bit touchy and I'd find myself jumping off buildings when I didn't want to, but it seems like that was mostly just me being impatient.  Also, they let you grab onto something as you fall by hitting B from the very beginning, whereas it was a skill you learned later on in the first game.  That move has saved me over and over again.  This game is a whole lot of fun, and I'm guessing the Ubisoft guys are fans of Lost, because it's filled with all kinds of little mysteries throughout it related to the story arc involving the Animus and the entire timeline of the Templars/Assassins.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 19, 2009, 10:42:37 AM
DPD

Has anybody besides Yeti bought/played this game?  I'm finding it incredibly difficult to stop playing once I get started.  They improved on the first game in every conceivable way.  My only complaint for a while had been the controls were a bit touchy and I'd find myself jumping off buildings when I didn't want to, but it seems like that was mostly just me being impatient.  Also, they let you grab onto something as you fall by hitting B from the very beginning, whereas it was a skill you learned later on in the first game.  That move has saved me over and over again.  This game is a whole lot of fun, and I'm guessing the Ubisoft guys are fans of Lost, because it's filled with all kinds of little mysteries throughout it related to the story arc involving the Animus and the entire timeline of the Templars/Assassins.

I bought it for PS3.  Haven't played it yet, though.  I'm still wading through MW2.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 19, 2009, 11:37:24 AM
DPD

I bought it for PS3.  Haven't played it yet, though.  I'm still wading through MW2.

Nice IANpost.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 19, 2009, 01:09:42 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 19, 2009, 11:37:24 AM
DPD

Nice IANpost.

He touched a lot of people.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:17 AM »
I'm finally gonna start this tonight hopefully.  I liked the first one, but if you're saying I don't have to ride that damn horse slow past guards all the fucking time, then I'm sure I'll like the second one more.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
Quote from: Poon on April 14, 2010, 09:49:17 AM
I'm finally gonna start this tonight hopefully.  I liked the first one, but if you're saying I don't have to ride that damn horse slow past guards all the fucking time, then I'm sure I'll like the second one more.

You don't.  You do, however, need quite a while to get used to the context-sensitive controls.  Be prepared to accidentally jump to your death quite often.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »

It's much better than the first one.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 14, 2010, 01:24:53 PM

More questions at the end of this one as well.  It answered - to a certain extent - the questions posited at the end of the first game, but now, more questions.

Still a great game though.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:15:02 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 15, 2010, 09:36:13 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 14, 2010, 01:24:53 PM

More questions at the end of this one as well.  It answered - to a certain extent - the questions posited at the end of the first game, but now, more questions.

Still a great game though.

This game goes way off the deep end in the last 20 minutes or so.  I personally think it's a cool twist, and sets it up for a (potentially) awesome sequel, but good god they were taking a big risk with that one.