News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,802 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »
Let the games begin

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 08:58:37 AM »
So, Sayid is to Jacob as Locke is to Esau?

Really liking this flash-sideways/alternate reality thing. You'd think the stories will have to converge at some point, I just have no idea how they'll pull it off.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 03, 2010, 08:58:37 AM

Really liking this flash-sideways/alternate reality thing. You'd think the stories will have to converge at some point, I just have no idea how they'll pull it off.

Parallel universe? I was utterly confounded for two hours last night but I enjoyed it while I wasn't watching 45 minutes of commercials.

It's almost like they could start an entirely new show based off of the events of the cast landing safely at LAX instead of crashing. I would watch that show.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

How does the one guy still weigh 600 pounds after being on that island so long?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »

A chick at the Trib suggested that the survivors will get a choice in which life they want to live

QuoteIn the end, will the people on the island find out there's a different timeline? Will they have to choose which one they want to stay in? "You have a choice," Jacob told Ben last season. I wonder if that dilemma will be presented to the survivors -- stay on the island and/or stay in the island timeline, or go off and never have  those island experiences. I'm betting that will become one of the main features of the final season -- pondering which choice might be better, and why, for various characters.

# So are we going to find out, in the end, that crashing on the island was the best thing that could have happened to some of these folks? It cured Rose's cancer, it fixed Locke's legs, it allowed Kate to stay out of jail, it got Charlie off drugs, it allowed Jin to avoid getting in trouble with the US authorities, it allowed Sun to be someone other than the wife of a somewhat unpleasant man.

# The Kate we see running off hasn't learned much about facing up to consequences. The Charlie on the plane hadn't yet learned that he can be heroic in a crisis. The Locke on the plane never got to catch a wild boar or lead the adventurous life he'd craved. The Jack on the plane never got to resolve or at least work on a few of his daddy issues. The Sun and Jin on the plane probably would have stayed in a strained marriage.

# I'm sure there are an equal number of examples in which characters were better off staying in the Safe Landing storyline -- certainly Hurley seems happier there and in that timeline, Boone doesn't appear to be headed for death. But, as I asked earlier, will there have to be a choice between the island and Safe Landing timelines? I know if I were Sawyer, I'd choose the island story. No matter how much he suffered there, he also began to know true love and real friendship. All of them suffered, but was it suffering that taught them something?

# I do wonder how these two timelines are going to converge. Because as the book Jacob was reading in the Season 5 finale reminds us, "Everything That Rises Must Converge."

# One final thought from Jack: "Nothing is irreversible." I guess we'll find out.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 03, 2010, 09:19:52 AM

A chick at the Trib suggested that the survivors will get a choice in which life they want to live

QuoteIn the end, will the people on the island find out there's a different timeline? Will they have to choose which one they want to stay in? "You have a choice," Jacob told Ben last season. I wonder if that dilemma will be presented to the survivors -- stay on the island and/or stay in the island timeline, or go off and never have  those island experiences. I'm betting that will become one of the main features of the final season -- pondering which choice might be better, and why, for various characters.

# So are we going to find out, in the end, that crashing on the island was the best thing that could have happened to some of these folks? It cured Rose's cancer, it fixed Locke's legs, it allowed Kate to stay out of jail, it got Charlie off drugs, it allowed Jin to avoid getting in trouble with the US authorities, it allowed Sun to be someone other than the wife of a somewhat unpleasant man.

# The Kate we see running off hasn't learned much about facing up to consequences. The Charlie on the plane hadn't yet learned that he can be heroic in a crisis. The Locke on the plane never got to catch a wild boar or lead the adventurous life he'd craved. The Jack on the plane never got to resolve or at least work on a few of his daddy issues. The Sun and Jin on the plane probably would have stayed in a strained marriage.

# I'm sure there are an equal number of examples in which characters were better off staying in the Safe Landing storyline -- certainly Hurley seems happier there and in that timeline, Boone doesn't appear to be headed for death. But, as I asked earlier, will there have to be a choice between the island and Safe Landing timelines? I know if I were Sawyer, I'd choose the island story. No matter how much he suffered there, he also began to know true love and real friendship. All of them suffered, but was it suffering that taught them something?

# I do wonder how these two timelines are going to converge. Because as the book Jacob was reading in the Season 5 finale reminds us, "Everything That Rises Must Converge."

# One final thought from Jack: "Nothing is irreversible." I guess we'll find out.

It seems like there might be more to it than that, though (it's Lost, of course there is).  It looked like Jack recognized some of the people on the plane, even Desmond (where'd he disappear to?), who it doesn't seem like he actually ever met while they were out running a few years before.  The fact that Charlie says he was "supposed to die" makes me think everything that's supposed to happen will happen, and they'll still somehow find a way back to the island in the alternate timeline, despite it being in the bottom of the ocean.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 03, 2010, 09:33:17 AM

It seems like there might be more to it than that, though (it's Lost, of course there is).  It looked like Jack recognized some of the people on the plane, even Desmond (where'd he disappear to?), who it doesn't seem like he actually ever met while they were out running a few years before.  The fact that Charlie says he was "supposed to die" makes me think everything that's supposed to happen will happen, and they'll still somehow find a way back to the island in the alternate timeline, despite it being in the bottom of the ocean.

I didn't read all of that article, but the parts I read were retarded.  She didn't even know the people at the temple were Others.
The biggest questions, I thought, were:
What did Juliet mean when she said "it worked"?  This is the biggest mystery to me.
Who exactly is Sayid now?
What happened to make Hurley the luckiest man alive now?
What was that red dot on Jack's sweater?
Why won't that slope just fucking speak the language?  I mean, I don't care how it tastes to him, just say it so we don't need that other nerd translating. 
Was Richard a slave on the Black Rock?
Why?

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:47:35 AM
Quote from: Weebs on February 03, 2010, 09:33:17 AM

I didn't read all of that article, but the parts I read were retarded.  She didn't even know the people at the temple were Others.
The biggest questions, I thought, were:
What did Juliet mean when she said "it worked"?  This is the biggest mystery to me.
Who exactly is Sayid now?
Why won't that slope just fucking speak the language?  I mean, I don't care how it tastes to him, just say it so we don't need that other nerd translating. 
Was Richard a slave on the Black Rock?
Why?

You mean the red boo-boo he had on his neck?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 09:52:46 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:47:35 AMWhat did Juliet mean when she said "it worked"?
I mean, I don't care how it tastes to him, just say it so we don't need that other nerd translating.

She meant they did create a new timeline by blowing shit up. The problem is they didn't destroy the existing one.
He still won the lottery. He just didn't have all the other bad stuff happen.
Are you talking about the cut on his neck? Otherwise I'm not following.
Kenny Powers is going to put his foot up your ass for calling his brother a nerd.

Also: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 03, 2010, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:47:35 AMWhat did Juliet mean when she said "it worked"?
I mean, I don't care how it tastes to him, just say it so we don't need that other nerd translating.

She meant they did create a new timeline by blowing shit up. The problem is they didn't destroy the existing one.
Kenny Powers is going to put his foot up your ass for calling his brother a nerd.

I know he won the lottery, but why didn't that bad stuff happen to him?
I was talking about the cut on his neck, but I also slightly referencing an old Seinfeld episode.  Sorry.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »

Hurley won the lottery based on the numbers, supposedly spawning the bad stuff after the lottery win. Are the numbers in the sideways timeline less powerful due to the sunken island?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:21 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:59:54 AM

I was talking about the cut on his neck, but I also slightly referencing an old Seinfeld episode.  Sorry.

I would assume because the world became inherently different in 1977 when the bomb went off. Somehow, Hugo's string of bad luck was done. Jack's dad's casket was on the plane (He found it on the island in season 1 or 2... empty, though).

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 03, 2010, 10:05:21 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 03, 2010, 09:59:54 AM

I would assume because the world became inherently different in 1977 when the bomb went off. Somehow, Hugo's string of bad luck was done. Jack's dad's casket was on the plane (He found it on the island in season 1 or 2... empty, though).

That conversation with the producers shows the island may not have actually sunk at the time the bomb went off.  Also, because all of these things have changed, maybe Jack's dad didn't even die the same way.  There has been no mention that Jack ever saved his ex-wife, and the fact that he didn't recognize Desmond shows that event at the stadium never happened.  In fact, if they blew up the island in 1977, then Widmore and Eloise died when it sunk, and Desmond never would have met Penny.  Let's just see how this all plays out.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 10:15:36 AM »

I wouldn't necessarily wager on it happening, but I'd like to see different versions of characters come face to face with one another at some point.

Who knows... Maybe Earth-One Kate and Earth-Two Kate could get together and lez out.

That would be like twins doing it, but better.

(Que Wheezer?)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 03, 2010, 10:03:53 AM

Hurley won the lottery based on the numbers, supposedly spawning the bad stuff after the lottery win. Are the numbers in the sideways timeline less powerful due to the sunken island?

Although we don't know if he used those specific numbers to win the lottery either.