News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,289 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
Quote from: RW on March 27, 2011, 05:58:54 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 26, 2011, 09:37:55 PM
I thought I had the new analog pitching figured out, but I've been getting rocked ever since that one-hitter.  ERA is up to 6.75 and I'm getting extremely frustrated with the game at this point.  Is there some trick I'm missing?  I'm leaving a lot of balls up in the zone but I can't figure out what's going on.  The line between overthrowing the pitch and throwing it correctly with this pitching system is razor-thin.  I've been checking the pitch analysis and I'm getting a lot of "Late" and "Early" but it seems pretty arbitrary on the game's part considering I'm hitting right on the yellow line at the bottom of the meter.  Anyone have some tips?  I've tried every combination of slowly moving the stick back up the meter, moving the stick back up and holding it there like a followthrough, and flicking it forward once I hit the yellow line at the bottom, but no luck.  I keep putting the game down for a day or two thinking it'll reset my muscle memory but it doesn't work.  About to stop playing at this point.

Tiger Woods comes out Tuesday.

That's surprising considering all those women.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »
DPD.  After getting lit up I gave up the game for a few days and and it helped.  Finished 2013 with a record of 15-7, 3.96 ERA, 3 CG (2 SHO), 207 IP, 218 H, 28 HR (yikes), 46 BB (led AL), 174 SO, 1.28 WHIP.  The Mariners somehow won the Wild Card and he gave up 4 runs in 5 innings to the Twins in the first game, but had a strong 8.1 IP with only two runs allowed in his second start to force a fifth game.  Which they lost.  In the offseason the Mariners offered $8.5MM, negotiated up to $9.9MM, and signed it.  But apparently that was too expensive for Seattle so about a month later they traded my starter to San Francisco for three A prospects.  The Giants are loaded in 2014 and my 21-year-old pitcher is ranked as the best starter in MLB based on attributes.  Is anyone else playing with a SP?  Doesn't it drive you crazy how the announcers say "a new pitcher will come on here now" when you're warming up for the first inning?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
The pitching in this game is fantastic. Not sure it could be better.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 01, 2011, 09:59:59 AM

I agree that it's awesome and intuitive, but like Sterling, there are times when I absolutely suck at it.  I'll be trying to throw on the inside corner, and I'll somehow manage to push the stick to the exact opposite part of the plate.  The great thing is, though, I've only given up one home run that I felt like I shouldn't have.  Robinson Cano golfed a 1-2 slider low on the outside black to the opposite field for a 430-foot bomb last night, which I thought was bullshit.  Most of the time, the hard-hit balls I give up are because I made a mistake.

Has anyone had the glitch where your middle infielder randomly throws home instead of throwing to second?  It's happened to me 2-3 times, and apparently it's a known glitch.  Pretty damn annoying, as it's cost me two games already when a tailor-made double play turned into a "base hit."  I hope there's another patch forthcoming.

Also, in case you guys weren't already aware, the O.S. full minors rosters are out, and they're terrific.  The roster file name is O.S.F.M.-something (Operation Sports Full Minors).

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 02, 2011, 12:54:39 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 01, 2011, 09:59:59 AM

I agree that it's awesome and intuitive, but like Sterling, there are times when I absolutely suck at it.  I'll be trying to throw on the inside corner, and I'll somehow manage to push the stick to the exact opposite part of the plate.  The great thing is, though, I've only given up one home run that I felt like I shouldn't have.  Robinson Cano golfed a 1-2 slider low on the outside black to the opposite field for a 430-foot bomb last night, which I thought was bullshit.  Most of the time, the hard-hit balls I give up are because I made a mistake.

Has anyone had the glitch where your middle infielder randomly throws home instead of throwing to second?  It's happened to me 2-3 times, and apparently it's a known glitch.  Pretty damn annoying, as it's cost me two games already when a tailor-made double play turned into a "base hit."  I hope there's another patch forthcoming.

Also, in case you guys weren't already aware, the O.S. full minors rosters are out, and they're terrific.  The roster file name is O.S.F.M.-something (Operation Sports Full Minors).

Good lookin out on the rosters. Those are the ones I always wait for.

As for the bugs I haven't seen that one but I know they're working on a franchise patch with other fixes, I imagine. I'm sure there will be at least a couple more patches as the SCEA team is one of the harder working ones.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
A casual double clutch by my 3rd baseman on what would have been a good inning ending double play but instead I don't even get one out because the computer felt that it could just casually throw it to second? Fuck that shit. That gets this game turned off for a few days.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
My RTTS pitcher has lost three no-hitters in the ninth now, two this season.  Someday.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2011, 02:42:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2011, 10:20:21 PM
A casual double clutch by my 3rd baseman on what would have been a good inning ending double play but instead I don't even get one out because the computer felt that it could just casually throw it to second? Fuck that shit. That gets this game turned off for a few days.

Hoo boy, that'll teach it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2011, 06:06:41 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 27, 2011, 02:42:18 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2011, 10:20:21 PM

Hoo boy, that'll teach it.

It did. She's calling for me to come back.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »
The Show 11 is hard.  I'm getting my teeth kicked in.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 17, 2011, 03:51:38 PM

Same here. Wandy k'd my Cub douchers 17 times in a 3 hit shutout last night. Although the game before I was able to take a couple of walks and string some hits together against Nelson Figueroa. My pitching hasn't been that bad. The hitting has been pee you.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 03:54:08 PM

Same here. Wandy k'd my Cub douchers 17 times in a 3 hit shutout last night. Although the game before I was able to take a couple of walks and string some hits together against Nelson Figueroa. My pitching hasn't been that bad. The hitting has been pee you.

My hitting has been dreadful.  I'll hit dee homeron every now and then (I play with Pissburgh, but am thinking of taking over Kansas City).  My pitching has been better than average, but I still can't string together hits.  It's like when I get a single or a double to lead off an inning, I lose all manner of plate discipline.

I find that using the yellow circle batting marker thing helps a lot.  I used to use no visual aids, but I need it this year.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 18, 2011, 08:06:42 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 03:54:08 PM

My hitting has been dreadful.  I'll hit dee homeron every now and then (I play with Pissburgh, but am thinking of taking over Kansas City).  My pitching has been better than average, but I still can't string together hits.  It's like when I get a single or a double to lead off an inning, I lose all manner of plate discipline.

I find that using the yellow circle batting marker thing helps a lot.  I used to use no visual aids, but I need it this year.

I think I've figured out your issues.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »
Ha...but seriously.  I have a question about pitching.  Does it seem like the umpire misses a lot of calls in the lower portion of the strike zone?  I always throw some perfect curveballs that clip the edge of the zone but they get called balls.  They're usually great pitches.  I'd think I'd get the call if it's in the zone.  Like I said, this seems to be more of a problem in the very bottom of the strike zone.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
So I decided to try out a different franchise because the Cubs are a) terrible and b) I wanted to start something new with a couple of setting tweaks. Also, I find myself enjoying the idea of the Blue Jays lately. I haven't watched them this year and they actually play Corey Patterson on a regular basis but I won't hold that against them. Plus, in a video game I get to waive him immediately. Yay.

So after waiving the everloving shit out of him, I moved the pitch speed down one notch and started playing. Jays and Twins live from the RogersDome. Sure enough, the Twins get 3 off Romero in the first. I can't get anyone out. So what happens in the bottom half? I destroy Liriano for four runs of my own including an Arencibia home run. I had to save the game and take care of some shit but after four innings it's 7-6. Romero lasted three plus and was wholly terrible. Not sure what went wrong with him.

Anyway, I recommend moving the pitch speed down a notch and using a team that, you know, actually has good hitters on it. I'm trying not to K so much but even with the offensive outburst I'm having I've still struck out 8 times through 4. I think that's just a matter of focus and patience and I can't blame anyone but me.