News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread  ( 29,274 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 20, 2010, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 11:26:59 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 10:28:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 10:04:02 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: MAD on July 20, 2010, 08:56:54 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 20, 2010, 08:51:26 AM
Quote from: MAD on July 20, 2010, 08:42:23 AM
I know he's probably worn down from all of the wear and tear, and his fastball is consequently much more hittable, and he can be kind of a crazy asshole, but I'm thinking this Carlos Zambrano guy might do better than what was given last night, yes?

Depends on who you ask. Ask a typical Cubs fan, they'll say that Z's Clubhouse Presence doesn't match up with one Silva thus rendering him useless on the mound, and allowing him to give up home run after home run.

Let's not ignore the fact that in all honesty, Z may be have become extremely hittable.  I'm only arguing that he can't be worse than what Silva's regressing toward for the next 3 months.

I think Silva needs a couple weeks to get that problem behind his knee calmed down. I know that watching Cubs baseball is very difficult for most of us to do these days. But what actually happened in real life is that Silva left his start two weeks ago in Phoenix with some sort of pull behind his left(?) knee. There was debate whether he'd make his start vs. L.A. and even in warmups you saw him landing awkwardly on that leg and not bending over (||) and driving through. Consequently pitches lost velocity, hung up in the zone and got whacked (||). So he had the All-Star Break and four days to recover but didn't. It's not like he's regressing to suck, but it's that he's Carlos Silva and something is physically wrong again.

The Cubs need somebody to take a couple of starts so the question remains who or whom or what. I vote Kevin Hart.

Why do Cubs fans hate Sean Marshall?

Because when he starts he sucks and when he relieves he's good? Could be that he only has two pitches that work and the curve stops surprising people the second or third time through the order? Could be that he lacks stamina. Could be that he hates us too.

Could be.  I guess Cashner could start a few games, but then he'd be required to throw some strikes every so often.

Jayj Ackson?

I like the youth movement idea, but these kids aren't really being asked to play in a low pressure, get experience scenario.
They are being asked to make an immediate impact and if they do, we're right back in it. What a joke.

I would rather the Cubs abandon all hope this season and just go ahead with playing those kids.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »
I know he's probably worn down from all of the wear and tear, and his fastball is consequently much more hittable, and he can be kind of a crazy asshole, but I'm thinking this Carlos Zambrano guy might do better than what was given last night, yes?

Depends on who you ask. Ask a typical Cubs fan, they'll say that Z's Clubhouse Presence doesn't match up with one Silva thus rendering him useless on the mound, and allowing him to give up home run after home run.

Let's not ignore the fact that in all honesty, Z may be have become extremely hittable.  I'm only arguing that he can't be worse than what Silva's regressing toward for the next 3 months.

I think Silva needs a couple weeks to get that problem behind his knee calmed down. I know that watching Cubs baseball is very difficult for most of us to do these days. But what actually happened in real life is that Silva left his start two weeks ago in Phoenix with some sort of pull behind his left(?) knee. There was debate whether he'd make his start vs. L.A. and even in warmups you saw him landing awkwardly on that leg and not bending over (||) and driving through. Consequently pitches lost velocity, hung up in the zone and got whacked (||). So he had the All-Star Break and four days to recover but didn't. It's not like he's regressing to suck, but it's that he's Carlos Silva and something is physically wrong again.

The Cubs need somebody to take a couple of starts so the question remains who or whom or what. I vote Kevin Hart.

Because when he starts he sucks and when he relieves he's good? Could be that he only has two pitches that work and the curve stops surprising people the second or third time through the order? Could be that he lacks stamina. Could be that he hates us too.

Could be.  I guess Cashner could start a few games, but then he'd be required to throw some strikes every so often.

Jayj Ackson?

I like the youth movement idea, but these kids aren't really being asked to play in a low pressure, get experience scenario.
They are being asked to make an immediate impact and if they do, we're right back in it. What a joke.

Take the pizza out of your face before you start typing
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:21 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 20, 2010, 11:55:38 AM

Jayj Ackson?

TFuck and Apex need their own hilarious blog.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 20, 2010, 12:09:21 PM

Jayj Ackson?

Will you contribute guest columns?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: BH on July 20, 2010, 12:09:21 PM

Jayj Ackson?

Will you contribute guest columns?

When I'm not eating pizza.