News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,731 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #540 on: February 25, 2010, 11:36:50 AM »
Pillars of fiscal conservatism or profligate heirs to W?  I posit these examples.

Exhibit 1:  Michael Steele.

QuoteA POLITICO analysis of expenses found that compared with 2005, the last comparable year preceding a midterm election, the committee's payments for charter flights doubled; the number of sedan contractors tripled, and meal expenses jumped from $306,000 to $599,000. [...] When Steele took over the chairmanship last winter, he inherited a $23 million surplus. Since then, the former Maryland lieutenant governor has raised $10 million less than the party collected in 2005 and has spent $10 million more. By the end of 2009, the committee's surplus had shrunk to $8.4 million, according to campaign finance reports.

Exhibit 2:  Teabagger darling and conservative revolutionary folk hero Marco Rubio.

QuoteSenate candidate and former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio released a torrid letter Wednesday accusing Gov. Charlie Crist's campaign of leaking Rubio's state Republican Party American Express statements showing nearly $110,000 in charges over 25 months.  The Miami Herald and the St. Petersburg Times, which obtained the records, listed several personal items found on the statements, including grocery bills and wine bought from a store near his Miami home. Rubio said he personally paid American Express $16,052.50 for nonparty expenses.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »
Next time you have a health care debate, don't let Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid come, its like automatic failure for your side if they are allowed to speak. Plus when you combine Pelosi, Reid and Obama you get some kind of super "I refuse to tell the truth" zombie speak that never survives the bullshit test.

Damn i almost forget about Joe "Iraq could be one of the great success stories of the Obama administration" Biden. It was like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who couldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it. When those 4 are in the room together you know something shitty no one wants is being crammed down your throat while they tell you its gonna be awesome.

I say onto reconciliation, which is supposed to kick into gear on Monday right? You guys can have Health Care, you have no interest in anything Republicans have to offer. You can own the entire issue and take credit for its success or its failure. Its all yours Democrats, you don't need a damn thing from Republicans except insurance for when the entire fiasco does nothing the Democrats propose it will do. Then you can point to the Republicans and say, "See they voted for it too." That's all this horse and pony show is about. If the health care bill is awesome, then fucking get it over it with, cram it through and take all the glory. This whole time were arguing over whether the Republicans are going to provide political cover for this entire sham.

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2010, 12:28:48 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM
Next time you have a health care debate, don't let Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid come, its like automatic failure for your side if they are allowed to speak. Plus when you combine Pelosi, Reid and Obama you get some kind of super "I refuse to tell the truth" zombie speak that never survives the bullshit test.

Damn i almost forget about Joe "Iraq could be one of the great success stories of the Obama administration" Biden. It was like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who couldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it. When those 4 are in the room together you know something shitty no one wants is being crammed down your throat while they tell you its gonna be awesome.

I say onto reconciliation, which is supposed to kick into gear on Monday right? You guys can have Health Care, you have no interest in anything Republicans have to offer. You can own the entire issue and take credit for its success or its failure. Its all yours Democrats, you don't need a damn thing from Republicans except insurance for when the entire fiasco does nothing the Democrats propose it will do. Then you can point to the Republicans and say, "See they voted for it too." That's all this horse and pony show is about. If the health care bill is awesome, then fucking get it over it with, cram it through and take all the glory. This whole time were arguing over whether the Republicans are going to provide political cover for this entire sham.

Go fuck yourself in the eye with a stick.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 12:28:48 AM

This softens the pain of my insomnia tonight.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 26, 2010, 12:30:41 AM

I like this new "edgy" Wheezer.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2010, 12:38:38 AM
Quote from: CT III on February 26, 2010, 12:30:41 AM

I like this new "edgy" Wheezer.

I'm not crazy about it, but it looks like it may have to do.

[Edit.--Yet closer to the mark'd.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »

So, you have no problem with reconciliation?  Just checking.  You hear that, Harry?  MikeC has given you the go ahead.

/retard rant

I have a modest proposal.  How about this: the party that wins the most seats in the election gets to pass legislation that it wants to pass.  When the other party comes into power, they get to pass the shit they want to pass.  Fuck the filibuster, fuck reconciliation.  Majority wins.  It ain't 1795 anymore.

/retard rant
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PMIt was like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who couldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse known for their rhetorical skills? I'm just a heathen who doesn't know shit about biblery, but don't they just ride around on their horses fucking shit up?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: February 26, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »

If the Bill becomes law you will finally be able to take your meds.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 11:57:38 AM
Quote from: MikeC on February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PMIt was like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who couldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse known for their rhetorical skills? I'm just a heathen who doesn't know shit about biblery, but don't they just ride around on their horses fucking shit up?

They really just stood around in nice suits and talked a lot. It wasn't as dramatic as that bible would have you believe.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: February 26, 2010, 12:19:02 PM »

I just want to get my Free Republic glossary up to date.  Are the Four Horsemen Obama, Biden, Pelosi, and Reid?  Just checking.

It's not these guys?  McReynolds, Sutherland, van Devanter and Butler.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 12:05:21 PM

They really just stood around in nice suits and talked a lot. It wasn't as dramatic as that bible would have you believe.

I believe Famine wore pantsuits from JC Penney.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »

No, you're right.  That, and doing amazing work with Photoshop.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

Wooooooo!!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: February 27, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
I say onto reconciliation, which is supposed to kick into gear on Monday right?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/02/the_real_story_on_health-care.html

QuoteChuck Todd of NBC made a superb point on "Hardball" last night that everyone should pay attention to. He noted that absolutely no one is proposing to pass a health-care bill under the "reconciliation process," that is, with a majority rather than 60 votes in the Senate.

Does that surprise you? Chuck's point is that the health care bill already passed the Senate with 60 votes last December. Democrats would use reconciliation only for a series of rather modest amendments to the overall bill. And he pointed out that some of those amendments (notably broadening the "Nebraska deal" on Medicaid relief for all states) are actually things the Republicans have called for. My hunch, judging from some of the things Rep. George Miller (D) of California said at the summit, is that Democrats may consider adding a few other Republican ideas to the reconciliation package.

I do not expect what I will call the Todd Clarification to stop Republicans from condemning the Democrats if they get a bill through with the reconciliation amendments. But shouldn't all of us be referring to them just that way—as "amendments" rather than as "a bill"? Todd's point also brings home the fact that both houses have used a thoroughly conventional legislative process to get the bill this far. We might then begin to ask the obvious question: Why should we take it for granted that one election result in one state (Massachusetts) ought to be allowed to derail a year's worth of legislative work? In any event, my conservative friends have told me for years that my dear native state of Massachusetts is unrepresentative of the country. I don't hear them saying that now.

Kudos to Todd for stating a truth that just about all of us have missed.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?