News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,672 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #600 on: March 10, 2010, 11:14:59 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 10, 2010, 11:09:20 AM
Quote from: MikeC on March 10, 2010, 09:23:04 AM
With the honesty and integrity of a shady used car salesman, Nancy Pelosi pitches Obamacare to the public....

QuoteBut we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

You always know your getting an awesome deal when the salesman busts out the "trust me" line or says you have to buy it first to see what you are really getting. That always helps me put my guard down and makes it easier to fork over the cash.

Or for the people not based in Nancy Pelosi's fucked up world of insanity, it makes people distrust you even more. You Democrats need to muzzle that bitch, she doesn't help you at all.

At this point, you're really just a parody of yourself.

At this point?

This fucknut crossed that Rubicon ages ago, in my book.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 10, 2010, 11:14:59 AM
With the honesty and integrity of a shady used car salesman, Nancy Pelosi pitches Obamacare to the public....

QuoteBut we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

You always know your getting an awesome deal when the salesman busts out the "trust me" line or says you have to buy it first to see what you are really getting. That always helps me put my guard down and makes it easier to fork over the cash.

Or for the people not based in Nancy Pelosi's fucked up world of insanity, it makes people distrust you even more. You Democrats need to muzzle that bitch, she doesn't help you at all.

At this point?

I just love how he comes in, doesn't comment or reply to any of the posts before his, then pumps out the crazy.  Great stuff.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: March 10, 2010, 11:28:17 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 10, 2010, 11:22:33 AM

At this point?

I just love how he comes in, doesn't comment or reply to any of the posts before his, then pumps out the crazy.  Great stuff.

It's MikeC's fucked up world of insanity.

We're just posting in it.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: March 10, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 10, 2010, 11:28:17 AM

At this point?

Have any of you Democrats put a muzzle on Pelosi yet? Muzzles aren't that expensive. I heard if you schedule an appointment with her secretary you can get in there and slap the muzzle on. How hard can it be? Oh right, it's just like you Democrats. Always passing the buck. I have an idea. Why don't you ALL go put the muzzle on at the same time? You know, like a Communistically or something.

Yeah you would do that. You make me sick.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: March 10, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »
She strikes me as more of a muzzleR than a muzzleE.  However, we can say with some level of confidence that she tolerates muzzles.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4264/saturday-night-live-nancy-pelosi
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: March 10, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
Sounds like the Bolsheviks want to put a muzzle on that filibitch.

Quote"Changing the rules at the beginning of the 112th Congress will require the chair to declare the Senate is in a new session and can legally draft new rules," explains Stein. "That ruling would be made by Vice President Joe Biden, who has spoken out against the current abuse of the filibuster. The ruling can be appealed, but that appeal can be defeated with a simple majority vote."

This interpretation was given further force when Sen. Chuck Schumer spoke later in the session. "My committee, the Rules Committee, is going to look at this," he said. And one of the angles they plan to explore is that "the Constitutional right of the Senate to make its own rules supersedes the two-thirds rule, but only when we write new rules at the beginning of each Congress."

I asked Schumer whether there was a process ongoing to develop a single strategy to change the filibuster. "This is something we're very serious about," he replied. "It's not unanimous in the caucus, but the vast majority of the caucus is interested in seeing if there's a way to undo, modify, or lessen our filibuster rule."

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #606 on: March 10, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 10, 2010, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 10, 2010, 11:28:17 AM

At this point?

Have any of you Democrats put a muzzle on Pelosi yet? Muzzles aren't that expensive. I heard if you schedule an appointment with her secretary you can get in there and slap the muzzle on. How hard can it be? Oh right, it's just like you Democrats. Always passing the buck. I have an idea. Why don't you ALL go put the muzzle on at the same time? You know, like a Communistically or something.

Yeah you would do that. You make me sick.

Intrepid Reader:  The Honorable Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky

"How do you plan on paying for that muzzle, a-hole?"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

As I always suspected, the GOP is just suffering from a case of penis envy...

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
I didn't know who Marc Thiessen was or much about this "Al Qaeda Seven" stuff until I saw him on the Daily Show the other night. Fucking despicable even by Cheney standards.

http://trueslant.com/conorfriedersdorf/2010/03/11/innocent-man-helped-by-gitmo-bay-attorney-one-of-the-cases-liz-cheney-doesnt-want-you-to-read-about/

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 11, 2010, 11:19:01 AM
I didn't know who Marc Thiessen was or much about this "Al Qaeda Seven" stuff until I saw him on the Daily Show the other night. Fucking despicable even by Cheney standards.

http://trueslant.com/conorfriedersdorf/2010/03/11/innocent-man-helped-by-gitmo-bay-attorney-one-of-the-cases-liz-cheney-doesnt-want-you-to-read-about/

He's just another chickenhawk, neocon, waste of a human being.  Oh, and a McCarthyist to boot.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 11, 2010, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 11, 2010, 11:19:01 AM

He's just another chickenhawk, neocon, waste of a human being.  Oh, and a McCarthyist to boot.

Clearly these assholes hate the US Constitution with every fiber of their being.

(And don't forget Chuck Grassley.)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: March 12, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
More stupid fucks who hate America...

http://tfninsider.org/2010/03/11/blogging-the-social-studies-debate-iv/

Quote9:27 – The board is taking up remaining amendments on the high school world history course.

9:30 – Board member Cynthia Dunbar wants to change a standard having students study the impact of Enlightenment ideas on political revolutions from 1750 to the present. She wants to drop the reference to Enlightenment ideas (replacing with "the writings of") and to Thomas Jefferson. She adds Thomas Aquinas and others. Jefferson's ideas, she argues, were based on other political philosophers listed in the standards. We don't buy her argument at all. Board member Bob Craig of Lubbock points out that the curriculum writers clearly wanted to students to study Enlightenment ideas and Jefferson. Could Dunbar's problem be that Jefferson was a Deist? The board approves the amendment, taking Thomas Jefferson OUT of the world history standards.

9:40 – We're just picking ourselves up off the floor. The board's far-right faction has spent months now proclaiming the importance of emphasizing America's exceptionalism in social studies classrooms. But today they voted to remove one of the greatest of America's Founders, Thomas Jefferson, from a standard about the influence of great political philosophers on political revolutions from 1750 to today.

9:45 – Here's the amendment Dunbar changed: "explain the impact of Enlightenment ideas from John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, Voltaire, Charles de Montesquieu, Jean Jacques Rousseau, and Thomas Jefferson on political revolutions from 1750 to the present." Here's Dunbar's replacement standard, which passed: "explain the impact of the writings of John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, Voltaire, Charles de Montesquieu, Jean Jacques Rousseau,  Thomas Aquinas, John Calvin and Sir William Blackstone." Not only does Dunbar's amendment completely change the thrust of the standard. It also appalling drops one of the most influential political philosophers in American history — Thomas Jefferson.

9:51 – Dunbar's amendment striking Jefferson passed with the votes of the board's far-right members and board member Geraldine "Tincy" Miller of Dallas.

9:56 – Here is what the Library of Congress says about Jefferson's influence: "Recognized in Europe as the author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson quickly became a focal point or lightning rod for revolutionaries in Europe and the Americas." The Library of Congress notes, in particular, Jefferson's influence on revolutionaries in France (including on the Declaration of the Rights of Man), other European nations, South America and Haiti.

12:04 – The current standards draft currently refer to the economic system that exists in the United States as "free enterprise (capitalist, free market)." Mercer offers an amendment to strike out "(capitalist, free market)" in the standards and leave just "free enterprise." The board's far-right members have repeatedly complained (absurd) that "capitalism" is a negative term and, in any case, that state statute requires students to learn about the "free enterprise system." Scholars on the curriculum teams had argued that "capitalism" and "free market" are commonly used terms in economics courses and everyday discourse. But Mercer and his allies on the board have this bizarre fetish with the words "free enterprise" over all others. Terri Leo: "I do think words mean things. . . . I see no reason, frankly, to compromise with liberal professors from academia." The woman is shameless. How dare she attack someone whose politics she doesn't even know.

12:08 – Pat Hardy notes that the scholar who recommended that "capitalism" and "free market"  be used in the standards teaches at Texas A&M and is a Republican. He is "not some kind of crazy liberal," she says.

12:11 – One is tempted to climb to the top of the Texas Education Agency building and shout: "These people have lost their minds."

12:12 – Pat Hardy is calling out the board for its silliness and the suggestion that "capitalism" is a "nasty word."

12:13 – Ken Mercer: I think capitalism is a good word, but academics don't. Really? And where does he get that? This is a classic example of how some board members attack and smear without any facts.

12:15 – Guess what? It passes. The Texas State Board of Education has stricken from the standards references to "capitalism" and "free market" because the board's right-wingers think "capitalism" is a negative term. The only permitted term for such an economic system will be "free enterprise." We wouldn't believe this if we hadn't just watched it happen. This is so stupid it makes our head hurt.

freakmaster

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
LOL, always great comedy to read the true believers.  You know, you guys are dwindling every day -- plenty of room on the bandwagon now!  Seriously though, how blind are you guys?  Tell me this:  If you would have been at Jonestown, and were say, last in line, and everyone around you was dropping like flies, would you still drink the Kool-Aid?  Something tells me that with this crowd, the answer is yes.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
Quote from: freakmaster on March 12, 2010, 09:21:09 PM
LOL, always great comedy to read the true believers.  You know, you guys are dwindling every day -- plenty of room on the bandwagon now!  Seriously though, how blind are you guys?  Tell me this:  If you would have been at Jonestown, and were say, last in line, and everyone around you was dropping like flies, would you still drink the Kool-Aid?  Something tells me that with this crowd, the answer is yes.

When did MikeC get a new handle?  And what set you off?  Calling your side out for wanting to erase Thomas Jefferson from the history books?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 12, 2010, 09:27:19 PM
Quote from: freakmaster on March 12, 2010, 09:21:09 PM
LOL, always great comedy to read the true believers.  You know, you guys are dwindling every day -- plenty of room on the bandwagon now!  Seriously though, how blind are you guys?  Tell me this:  If you would have been at Jonestown, and were say, last in line, and everyone around you was dropping like flies, would you still drink the Kool-Aid?  Something tells me that with this crowd, the answer is yes.

When did MikeC get a new handle?  And what set you off?  Calling your side out for wanting to erase Thomas Jefferson from the history books?

I just went back and read some of Freakmaster's contributions. They're pretty similar to this one.

It did get me to go back and read the Katrina thread from 2005 and that thread is like Desipio in a time machine. Back when KD posted semi-regularly, Paul was involved, Eli was known as TG (which I still don't get unless Eli is short for Teli?) and Oleg was bozos72. The thread is a Desipio historians dream. In other words, Thrill should check it out.

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=1732.0