News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,677 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1575 on: June 07, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2010, 11:35:00 AM
Were the positions somehow reversed, we would likely be hearing something very different from Pollock. Had these been ships filled mostly with Americans en route to provide aid and possibly weapons because weapons smuggling into the area had a long history of occurring to members the Green movement as part of a Free Iran Flotilla and the attackers were from the Iranian navy who offered a port and shipping of real relief supplies once searched for contraband, Americans would expect and demand the support of our allies against the state that attacked our citizens who shouted "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys". If most Americans cannot understand why Turks expect the same, we really are more clueless as a nation than I had thought possible.

More complete'd.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1576 on: June 07, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2010, 11:35:00 AM
Were the positions somehow reversed, we would likely be hearing something very different from Pollock. Had these been ships filled mostly with Americans en route to provide aid and possibly weapons because weapons smuggling into the area had a long history of occurring to members the Green movement as part of a Free Iran Flotilla and the attackers were from the Iranian navy who offered a port and shipping of real relief supplies once searched for contraband, Americans would expect and demand the support of our allies against the state that attacked our citizens who shouted "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys". If most Americans cannot understand why Turks expect the same, we really are more clueless as a nation than I had thought possible.

More complete'd.

I would think the whole "being attacked with clubs and knives" thing would be better justification for the IDF's reaction than having Auschwitz insults thrown their way, but that's just me.

And I completely understand that the Israelis want to screen for dangerous contraband like nutmeg and chickens.

And it's pretty obvious that the whole point of the flotilla was to provoke Israel and publicize what they feel is an inhumane blockade. It's clear they wanted Israel to take the bait. I don't think it's clear that they were "asking for" a bunch of people to end up dead.

I'm just confused about how aggressively taking the bait (shooting people) helps Israel strategically. Seems to me it just isolates them further.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1577 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »

Am I the only one surprised chemical fertilizer is on the "Permitted" list?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1578 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2010, 12:07:18 PM
I would think the whole "being attacked with clubs and knives" thing would be better justification for the IDF's reaction than having Auschwitz insults thrown their way, but that's just me.

I wasn't justifying.  I was just casting your strawman Americans in the proper light for empathy,

And I completely understand that the Israelis want to screen for dangerous contraband like nutmeg and chickens.

Especially when the nutmeg has historically been gunpowder and the chickens have historically been grenades.

And it's pretty obvious that the whole point of the flotilla was to provoke Israel and publicize what they feel is an inhumane blockade.

Agreed.
It's clear they wanted Israel to take the bait. I don't think it's clear that they were "asking for" a bunch of people to end up dead.
Anyone suggesting they were "asking for it" is stupid.  Anyone suggesting the organizers weren't hoping some would end up dead for better propaganda is just as stupid.

I'm just confused about how aggressively taking the bait (shooting people) helps Israel strategically. Seems to me it just isolates them further.

It does.  Israel also thinks that, given the alternative ally to them in the Mid East are all Al-Qaida lovers, Israel can do whatever it wants.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1579 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 12:13:43 PM

Anyone suggesting they were "asking for it" is stupid.  Anyone suggesting the organizers weren't hoping some would end up dead for better propaganda is just as stupid.

Just as? And "Teabagger" is just as bad as "nigger."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1580 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 12:13:43 PMEspecially when the nutmeg has historically been gunpowder and the chickens have historically been grenades.

Not being a smartass - but what do you mean? That they have disguised grenades to look like chickens?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1581 on: June 07, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2010, 12:16:51 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 12:13:43 PMEspecially when the nutmeg has historically been gunpowder and the chickens have historically been grenades.

Not being a smartass - but what do you mean? That they have disguised grenades to look like chickens?

Either you are clueless about the historical illegal weapons smuggling into Gaza or you are being a smartass.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1582 on: June 07, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 12:26:05 PM

Either you are clueless about the historical illegal weapons smuggling into Gaza or you are being a smartass.

So it's possible to plant a grenade in a live chicken? I honestly didn't know that. How would you pull the pin?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1583 on: June 07, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2010, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 07, 2010, 12:26:05 PM

So it's possible to plant a grenade in a live chicken? I honestly didn't know that. How would you pull the pin?

At least now I know how they make Popcorn Chicken.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1585 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
Reuters doing its best to cover for the peace activists....

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/36489_Another_Cropped_Reuters_Photo_Deletes_Another_Knife_-_And_a_Pool_of_Blood

Remember first wave IDF soldiers had paintball guns, they were stabbed and beaten badly. Next wave came guys with guns to rescue their fallen brothers. You do the math on what happens next.

And Israel is the bad guys cuz an American got shot. Go figure.

I think the Israel should call up Turkey and say they want to deliver aid to the Kurd's the largest displaced people on this planet. You think Turkey would be all nice and welcoming? They fucking hate the Kurd's.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1586 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:42 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on June 10, 2010, 10:20:02 AM

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/36489_Another_Cropped_Reuters_Photo_Deletes_Another_Knife_-_And_a_Pool_of_Blood

Remember first wave IDF soldiers had paintball guns, they were stabbed and beaten badly. Next wave came guys with guns to rescue their fallen brothers. You do the math on what happens next.

I think the Israel should call up Turkey and say they want to deliver aid to the Kurd's the largest displaced people on this planet. You think Turkey would be all nice and welcoming? They fucking hate the Kurd's.

THE HAWKS WON THE CUP! THE HAWKS WON THE CUP!!!!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1587 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 10, 2010, 10:21:42 AM

THE HAWKS WON THE CUP! THE HAWKS WON THE CUP!!!!!
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1588 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »

The Kurd's what?

Also...

HAWKS!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1589 on: June 10, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »
You guys, this Hawks team is seriously great.