News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,657 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4530 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 11, 2012, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 11, 2012, 11:48:15 AM
A new Breitbart video just dropped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4od4QQVK1o

Anyone who engages the Occupiers is merely sharing in their idiocy.  They deserve each other. 

How sensibly moderate of you, Huey.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4531 on: February 12, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4532 on: February 12, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4533 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 17, 2009, 11:09:41 AM
Quote from: Dave B on March 17, 2009, 11:01:48 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 17, 2009, 10:12:48 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on March 17, 2009, 09:52:07 AM
Quote from: RV on March 17, 2009, 09:17:17 AM
Maybe Gil could squirt some insight on Chuck Grassley's suggestion of an AIG honor bukkake. Or is it seppuku? I always get those two confused.

Quote"I suggest, you know, obviously maybe they ought to be removed, but I would suggest that the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better towards them [is] if they would follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I'm sorry and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/03/gop-senator-aig.html

u wnt nsght n2 iowa sntor? did u c this? ttlly real.
http://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley

Christ Almighty...

QuoteU won't bleve this but just got intrvud by Joe Morton of Omaha World Herald abt why I TWEET. Only birds TWEET????? !!!!!!! Glad to xplain

it's simple: he's got a 17-year old chick working as an intern and she just text-abbreviates whatever he says.

If only that were true. I have a friend who's a speechwriter/spokesperson for Grassley; sadly, the Twittering is all Chuck.

http://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/169202371312881667

Quote from: @ChuckGrassleyI now h v an iphone

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4534 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 11, 2012, 01:21:53 PM

Anyone who engages the Occupiers is merely sharing in their idiocy.  They deserve each other. 

What a bunch of useless hippies.

QuoteOccupy the SEC has submitted a 325 page letter to the SEC, FDIC, the Federal Reserve and the OCC, to comment on the notice of proposed rulemaking for the Volcker Rule. In our comment letter, we answered 244 out of 395 questions asked by the Agencies.

Via Felix Salmon.

QuoteOccupy the SEC is the wonky finreg arm of Occupy Wall Street, and its main authors are worth naming and celebrating: Akshat Tewary, Alexis Goldstein, Corley Miller, George Bailey, Caitlin Kline, Elizabeth Friedrich, and Eric Taylor.

Slacker George?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4535 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 14, 2012, 11:22:55 AM

QuoteOccupy the SEC has submitted a 325 page letter to the SEC, FDIC, the Federal Reserve and the OCC, to comment on the notice of proposed rulemaking for the Volcker Rule. In our comment letter, we answered 244 out of 395 questions asked by the Agencies.

Via Felix Salmon.

QuoteOccupy the SEC is the wonky finreg arm of Occupy Wall Street, and its main authors are worth naming and celebrating: Akshat Tewary, Alexis Goldstein, Corley Miller, George Bailey, Caitlin Kline, Elizabeth Friedrich, and Eric Taylor.

Slacker George?

Wow.  More than 100 pages before any mention of Fannie or Freddie... but at least they note that the GSEs did have a role in the crisis.  Progress.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4536 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 14, 2012, 11:36:44 AM

Via Felix Salmon.

Slacker George?

Wow.  More than 100 pages before any mention of Fannie or Freddie... but at least they note that the GSEs did have a role in the crisis.  Progress.

QuoteAlthough securities issued by certain government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) are exempted by Section 619, the Agencies should require a banking entity seeking to trade such securities to first file a transaction-specific application with the Federal Reserve to get pre-clearance based on an assessment of the risks involved in that transaction. High-risk mortgage purchases and guarantees by GSEs helped fuel the recent housing bubble and financial crisis.The GSEs played a pernicious role in the recent economic crisis, and securities issued by these entities should not be given the same preference that is afforded to U.S. Government Treasury bonds. In September 2008, the U.S. Treasury placed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into conservatorship. Any securities issued by these enterprises have “"bailout”" written all over them.

What else were you hoping they would say about Fannie and Freddie vis a vis the Volcker Rule?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4537 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

Via Felix Salmon.

Slacker George?

Why isn't Clarence on that list?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4538 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 14, 2012, 12:09:04 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 14, 2012, 11:36:44 AM

Via Felix Salmon.

Slacker George?

QuoteAlthough securities issued by certain government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) are exempted by Section 619, the Agencies should require a banking entity seeking to trade such securities to first file a transaction-specific application with the Federal Reserve to get pre-clearance based on an assessment of the risks involved in that transaction. High-risk mortgage purchases and guarantees by GSEs helped fuel the recent housing bubble and financial crisis.The GSEs played a pernicious role in the recent economic crisis, and securities issued by these entities should not be given the same preference that is afforded to U.S. Government Treasury bonds. In September 2008, the U.S. Treasury placed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into conservatorship. Any securities issued by these enterprises have ""bailout"" written all over them.

What else were you hoping they would say about Fannie and Freddie vis a vis the Volcker Rule?

Fair point, Tank.  I guess I was addressing merits of the rule itself rather than OSEC's critique of it.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4539 on: February 14, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
Well, Bishop?

I thought they'd stopped this practice.  So much for faith in others.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4540 on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 14, 2012, 04:12:27 PM
Well, Bishop?

Theologically speaking, it's unclear to me why this would be of any interest at all to modern Jewry.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4541 on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 14, 2012, 05:17:39 PM
Well, Bishop?

Theologically speaking, it's unclear to me why this would be of any interest at all to modern Jewry.

Theologically, we are still supposed to observe the 613 commandments.  And the Torah states that you are not supposed to contact the dead.

Whether that's germane today, that's up to you to decide.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4542 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 14, 2012, 06:59:10 PM
Well, Bishop?

Theologically, we are still supposed to observe the 613 commandments.  And the Torah states that you are not supposed to contact the dead.

But the undertaking is by the Mormons.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4543 on: February 14, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 14, 2012, 07:17:31 PM
Well, Bishop?

The dead are not supposed to be disturbed, is my understanding.  To do so violates them in sheol.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4544 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 14, 2012, 07:29:58 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on February 14, 2012, 07:17:31 PM
Well, Bishop?

The dead are not supposed to be disturbed, is my understanding.  To do so violates them in sheol.

The objection is still theologically nonsensical unless one gives some sort of supernatural credence to the activity of the Mormons.