News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Apple  ( 81,982 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Apple
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2011, 01:34:25 AM »
Steve Jobs: winning from beyond the grave...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/exclusive-adobe-ceases-development-on-mobile-browser-flash-refocuses-efforts-on-html5/19226

QuoteSources close to Adobe that have been briefed on the company's future development plans have revealed this forthcoming announcement to ZDNet:

QuoteOur future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations. Some of our source code licensees may opt to continue working on and releasing their own implementations. We will continue to support the current Android and PlayBook configurations with critical bug fixes and security updates.

Additionally, the e-mail briefing to Adobe's partners has been summed up as follows:

• Adobe is Stopping development on Flash Player for browsers on mobile.

Adobe is now focusing their development efforts on:

• Applications for mobile
  • Expressive content on the desktop (in and out of browser)
  • Increasing their investments in HTML5 in general

The full content and scope of the announcement is expected to be posted on the Adobe web site in the next day.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2011, 01:36:20 AM »
Also: Steve GOBs.

Take a look at iPad, Michael.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: November 09, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 09, 2011, 01:34:25 AM
Steve Jobs: winning from beyond the grave...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/exclusive-adobe-ceases-development-on-mobile-browser-flash-refocuses-efforts-on-html5/19226

QuoteSources close to Adobe that have been briefed on the company's future development plans have revealed this forthcoming announcement to ZDNet:

QuoteOur future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations. Some of our source code licensees may opt to continue working on and releasing their own implementations. We will continue to support the current Android and PlayBook configurations with critical bug fixes and security updates.

Additionally, the e-mail briefing to Adobe's partners has been summed up as follows:

• Adobe is Stopping development on Flash Player for browsers on mobile.

Adobe is now focusing their development efforts on:

• Applications for mobile
  • Expressive content on the desktop (in and out of browser)
  • Increasing their investments in HTML5 in general

The full content and scope of the announcement is expected to be posted on the Adobe web site in the next day.

DPD.  Steve Jobs: catching crims from beyond the grave.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: November 17, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »
Is Huey buying himself an iPad?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2011, 06:23:06 PM

That's not a pannier. And there'd scarcely be room for soup.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: November 17, 2011, 07:22:19 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 17, 2011, 06:58:17 PM

Nor a Bacci pizza slice. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: November 17, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 17, 2011, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on November 17, 2011, 06:58:17 PM

Nor a Bacci pizza slice. 

If that's not Huey, he's done his homework.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
If you have an Apple tv and like hockey, the NHL.com video highlight function is greatly improved.  Great video highlights of every game.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: November 23, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/161/louis-ck-on-female-culture

QuoteOverall, I think it's a good time to have a girl in the 21st century because things are changing, with more opportunities for women. But girls are still the underdog, which means they'll work harder, and everybody loves an underdog. The next Steve Jobs will totally be a chick, because girls are No. 2--and No. 2 always wins in America. Apple was a No. 2 company for years, and Apple embodies a lot of what have been defined as feminine traits: an emphasis on intuitive design, intellect, a strong sense of creativity, and that striving to always make the greatest version of something. Traditionally, men are more like Microsoft, where they'll just make a fake version of what that chick made, then beat the shit out of her and try to intimidate everybody into using their product.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: November 23, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 23, 2011, 11:45:16 AM
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/161/louis-ck-on-female-culture

QuoteOverall, I think it's a good time to have a girl in the 21st century because things are changing, with more opportunities for women. But girls are still the underdog, which means they'll work harder, and everybody loves an underdog. The next Steve Jobs will totally be a chick, because girls are No. 2--and No. 2 always wins in America. Apple was a No. 2 company for years, and Apple embodies a lot of what have been defined as feminine traits: an emphasis on intuitive design, intellect, a strong sense of creativity, and that striving to always make the greatest version of something. Traditionally, men are more like Microsoft, where they'll just make a fake version of what that chick made, then beat the shit out of her and try to intimidate everybody into using their product.

Hey, makes more sense than Ballmer.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
Might have been asked already, but what are your favorite iPad apps?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 07, 2011, 04:59:18 PM

I'm sure that Yeti will sell you his gently used iTunes password if you want access to any of his.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 07, 2011, 05:31:13 PM

I'm sure that Yeti will sell you his gently used iTunes password if you want access to any of his.

In retrospect, perhaps not my best try.... Although, as I look back on my life there's a common theme

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »

Netflix is a must have, Wikipanion is good, FluentNews, TuneIn Radio+, Pages, ABC Player, StumbleUpon, WolframAlpha, and CrackedHD.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.