News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

How do you wipe?

Standing—Hollywood style
Sitting—the humble, old-fashioned American way
Squating/hovering/can't make up my mind
Bidet
Can't reach back there, use the towelrack like a bootscraper
I only shit in the shower
A team of orphans swabs my dainty hole with perfumed chamois leather while I sun on the terrace
I don't

Author Topic: How you crappin'?  ( 65,074 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
How you crappin'?
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »
I learned two things in the HJE shoutbox over the the past couple of weeks that I found more than a little bit surprising...

a) There are people in this world who don't think Zooey Deschanel is a beautiful angel
b) Some guys (mostly Hollywood types, it would seem) apparently wipe their asses while standing up

To the latter...

While this revelation blew my mind, I decided to have a go at it one day to see what it was all about. And I have to say: it seems like a whole lot of fuss (with serious potential for muss) and I still don't understand the benefits.

Don't get me wrong. If I spot something magnificent in the bowl before I make my move, I'm definitely bound to stand up and admire—nay, applaud—the fruits of my labors.

But, the occasional ovation aside, as a standard operating procedure I just can't say that I get it.

So, I put it to you, Desipio... Is the standing wipe a common practice? And, if so, what is the deal with that?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: How you crappin'?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
I stand.. I don't feel like getting my hand close to a pool of shit.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 15, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

But your asshole stays above the rim the whole time. There should be clearance enough for even the least coordinated among us to not have to worry about dragging a knuckle through the muck.

Is this a fat thing?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Zooey Deschanel reminds me of a psychotic girl I used to know so I'm not a fan.

As for wiping while standing up - no. What's next? Wiping from the front?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:09:58 PM »
I stand and wipe from back to front.

IT'S CRAZY!!!!!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 15, 2010, 07:09:58 PM

Wait... Does this mean you wipe from the front with a back-to-front pull motion?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 15, 2010, 06:47:02 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 15, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

But your asshole stays above the rim the whole time. There should be clearance enough for even the least coordinated among us to not have to worry about dragging a knuckle through the muck.

I take it you people have giant toilets, as befit good burghers.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:27:33 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 15, 2010, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 15, 2010, 07:09:58 PM

Wait... Does this mean you wipe from the front with a back-to-front pull motion?

I don't play that between the legs bullshit. Behind the back, all the way. Just like Bob Cousy.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 15, 2010, 07:24:06 PM

If anything, my toilet at home is a tad undersized. Doesn't mean I'm flouncing around like some fancy LA dandy.

Quote from: ChuckD on February 15, 2010, 07:27:33 PM
Behind the back, all the way. Just like Bob Cousy.

Alright then.

BTW... I recall reading the results of a survey from this book a while back (probably "People, Places, and Pinching (Survey) What is a Loaf?") that had percentages on stuff like back- vs. front-wipers. This would probably be illuminating on this topic, but I can't seem to find it anywhere at present.

I suppose I may have thumbed through a print edition at some point, rather than reading it online.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 15, 2010, 07:34:10 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on February 15, 2010, 07:24:06 PM

If anything, my toilet at home is a tad undersized. Doesn't mean I'm flouncing around like some fancy LA dandy.

I can only imagine such luxury as would keep my nads out of the deep. Simultaneous void and flush here.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 07:55:52 PM »
I not only stand while wiping, I salute.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 07:59:52 PM »
BTW... I recall reading the results of a survey from this book a while back (probably "People, Places, and Pinching (Survey) What is a Loaf?") that had percentages on stuff like back- vs. front-wipers. This would probably be illuminating on this topic, but I can't seem to find it anywhere at present.

I suppose I may have thumbed through a print edition at some point, rather than reading it online.

Via an Amazon preview and hereby retyped for internet posterity:

Do you wipe front to back (i.e. bottom to top), back to front, or just back and forth? Do you reach around behind your back or reach through between your legs?

44% say they wipe front to back from around behind their backs. 11% say they wipe back to front between their legs/ 6% go back to front from behind their backs, and 4%, all women, go front to back between their legs. 2% say they go back and forth (!) from behind their backs.

No data on the highly effective (although extremely difficult) twin towelette pincer maneuver. Not for the faint of heart. Or you middle American plebes.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 15, 2010, 07:59:52 PM

Via an Amazon preview and hereby retyped for internet posterity:

Do you wipe front to back (i.e. bottom to top), back to front, or just back and forth? Do you reach around behind your back or reach through between your legs?

44% say they wipe front to back from around behind their backs. 11% say they wipe back to front between their legs/ 6% go back to front from behind their backs, and 4%, all women, go front to back between their legs. 2% say they go back and forth (!) from behind their backs.

No data on the highly effective (although extremely difficult) twin towelette pincer maneuver. Not for the faint of heart. Or you middle American plebes.

Aha...

QuoteDo you stand to wipe or remain seated and lean over?

72 of the 106 respondents were asked this question. Of that group, 58%, mostly women, say they remain seated, while 25%, mostly men, say they stand. 3% say they squat or "semi-stand," 1% say they bend slightly, and 1% say they do both: "Usually remain seated unless it's a heavy job."

I'd like to see gender splits on this (more specific than "mostly").

This could just as easily mean 'men are split 50-50 sit-stand while women are close to 100% sit' as it could mean 'most men stand.'

Where's the rigor, RE/Search?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?