News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Southland  ( 5,874 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Southland
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »
Alright.  I agree that it is fun to watch.  However, after you watch it, how do you feel about police in general?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 07:15:17 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 27, 2012, 11:49:18 PM
Alright.  I agree that it is fun to watch.  However, after you watch it, how do you feel about police in general?

First off, it's just a television show.  But, if I were to take any real world feelings from Southland, it's that I at least can see some of the shit they deal with and you can almost understand their bad attitude at times.  Take Sammy for instance.  Normally, if you take the things he says to the public out of context you have a raging asshole cop.  But, at least the show provides his character with reasons, legitimate ones, to be a raging asshole cop.

Whether the writers intended that or not, it at least shows their side of the crosses they bear.

Sammy is awesome.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 27, 2012, 11:49:18 PM

Pretty okay with them. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »
I found it interesting that they explained the brooding nature of one of the characters by making him a closeted homosexual.  I wonder if he told his band of brothers about that. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 17, 2012, 01:11:57 PM
I found it interesting that they explained the brooding nature of one of the characters by making him a closeted homosexual.  I wonder if he told his band of brothers about that. 

Is he closeted?  He sleeps with dudes. 

I guess I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »
I may be  mistaken, but his brethren on the LAPD are apparently not aware that he is gay.  Thus the final scene where he stands outside the bar listening to the guys inside sing his praises.  Would they do so if they knew that he was gay?

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 17, 2012, 07:10:53 PM
I may be  mistaken, but his brethren on the LAPD are apparently not aware that he is gay.  Thus the final scene where he stands outside the bar listening to the guys inside sing his praises.  Would they do so if they knew that he was gay?

In real life or in the show?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »
Quote from: JD on February 19, 2012, 09:48:23 AM
Quote from: CBStew on February 17, 2012, 07:10:53 PM

In real life or in the show?

Last night we were treated to very fine acting when Cooper tries to rehabilitate his old field training officer from alcohol addiction.  This show interrupts great action scenes only with equally great dramatic scenes.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 07:03:22 AM »
Holy shit

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 11, 2013, 07:03:22 AM
Holy shit

I agree.  Powerful episode.  Next week is going to be equally good.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 11, 2013, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 11, 2013, 07:03:22 AM
Holy shit

I agree.  Powerful episode.  Next week is going to be equally good.

I told you so.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
After a strong finish, it's officially done: http://tvline.com/2013/05/10/southland-cancelled-tnt/

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 10, 2013, 04:52:02 PM
After a strong finish, it's officially done: http://tvline.com/2013/05/10/southland-cancelled-tnt/

If you would've told me way back when that I'd dig so much a show that starred Shaun Hatosy, the kid from The OC, and the poetry guy from Grosse Point Blank, I'd have called you crazy.