News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII  ( 5,527 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Final Fantasy XIII
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Any of you other Xbox homos getting this? I was first introduced to the series from FFVII and I haven't touched the series since. I contemplated the last one but I heard it was online only so I thought WoW (which I wouldn't touch with BC's penis). This one is something I'm geared up for.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Final Fantasy XIII
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:07 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 24, 2010, 12:52:14 PM
Any of you other Xbox homos getting this? I was first introduced to the series from FFVII and I haven't touched the series since. I contemplated the last one but I heard it was online only so I thought WoW (which I wouldn't touch with BC's penis). This one is something I'm geared up for.

Are you serious, Weebs?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 24, 2010, 12:53:07 PM

Are you serious, Weebs?

Yes *hangs head in shame* Can we still bone on MW2?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »

I'm definitely getting this one, but not for the 360.  I've been playing the J-RPGs for years now, and Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game of all time.  The online-only game you're thinking of is Final Fantasy XI, but then XII had its battle system setup sort of like an MMO.  It was an amazing game, though.  Everything I've heard FFXIII is that it's one of the best-looking games you'll ever see, and while it's unbelievably linear through a majority of the game, it's still awesome.  While I'm a big fan of all the western RPGs (Elder's Scrolls, anything from BioWare, etc.), the JRPGs are the games I grew up playing, and I'll always have room for the overly-feminine leads, the ridiculousness of the heroes using swords when enemies are using guns, and the sometimes-amazingly bad voice acting/translation.  In other words: Final Fantasy XIII FTW!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 24, 2010, 01:01:59 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 24, 2010, 12:53:07 PM

Are you serious, Weebs?

Yes *hangs head in shame* Can we still bone on MW2?

You know it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »
Yeti, did you pick this up?  I got it last night and have played a little over an hour so far.  It's pretty awesome.  The graphics are as good, if not better, than Uncharted 2.  Easily some of the best I've ever seen.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 09, 2010, 05:45:10 PM
Yeti, did you pick this up?  I got it last night and have played a little over an hour so far.  It's pretty awesome.  The graphics are as good, if not better, than Uncharted 2.  Easily some of the best I've ever seen.

Not yet. I was going to leave work in about at around 730 and pick it up, but with Lost and Southland on tonight, I'm not sure it'll get some play tonight. I'm hoping I'm not disappointed. I really enjoyed VII so I hope it's like that, but with better graphics. Cloud was awesome.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2010, 05:56:13 PM

Not yet. I was going to leave work in about at around 730 and pick it up, but with Lost and Southland on tonight, I'm not sure it'll get some play tonight. I'm hoping I'm not disappointed. I really enjoyed VII so I hope it's like that, but with better graphics. Cloud was awesome.

Lightning is almost the exact same character as Cloud, at least so far.  The battle system isn't really anything like VII, other than the fact that it's got the ATB system.  From everything I've read (and what I've played so far), the first ~30 hours of this game are incredibly linear, to the point where you're basically just walking a straight line through it.  But after that point (it's about the halfway mark), the game really opens up.  The voice acting is also top notch, for the most part.  I thought the black dude was just going to be the Japanese's idea of what black people are like in America (he has a fro and a bird living in his hair, not that both of those are representative of black people), but he's actually pretty awesome.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 09, 2010, 06:08:27 PM

Lightning is almost the exact same character as Cloud, at least so far.  The battle system isn't really anything like VII, other than the fact that it's got the ATB system.  From everything I've read (and what I've played so far), the first ~30 hours of this game are incredibly linear, to the point where you're basically just walking a straight line through it.  But after that point (it's about the halfway mark), the game really opens up.  The voice acting is also top notch, for the most part.  I thought the black dude was just going to be the Japanese's idea of what black people are like in America (he has a fro and a bird living in his hair, not that both of those are representative of black people), but he's actually pretty awesome.

I remember that's how 7 was. Well, if it's queer as fuck, oh well. It's just money. I'll print more and play the game anyway

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2010, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: Weebs on March 09, 2010, 06:08:27 PM

I remember that's how 7 was. Well, if it's queer as fuck, oh well. It's just money. I'll print more and play the game anyway

Actually, only the first 5 or so were linear in VII, until you get out of Midgar.  Every RPG, you basically go from town-to-town.  But this one you literally just run in a line through each area, and the story takes you from place to place.  I'm really enjoying it though.  The battle system is pretty fun.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »
I'm a video game nerd and I really have no place to point and laugh, but Jebus Christmas trees why would a grown ass man play a game like this?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 11, 2010, 09:33:23 AM
I'm a video game nerd and I really have no place to point and laugh, but Jebus Christmas trees why would a grown ass man play a game like this?

Because, like all the other Final Fantasy games (10 excluded), it's awesome.  Take the time to play it and you'll understand why.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 09:52:46 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 11, 2010, 09:40:02 AM

Because, like all the other Final Fantasy games (10 excluded), it's awesome.  Take the time to play it and you'll understand why.

I'll take your word for it.  And by that I mean I'll keep being a meathead and play war games and baseball games.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 11, 2010, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Weebs on March 11, 2010, 09:40:02 AM

I'll take your word for it.  And by that I mean I'll keep being a meathead and play war games and baseball games.

And Pokemon.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
FF II/III on the Super Nintendo were amazing. Still are.