News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 51,885 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 26, 2010, 10:34:55 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 26, 2010, 10:09:56 PM
The writing and acting on this show absolutely rules. Bo, Boyd, and Papa Givens are all perfectly cast. Even dipshit Dewey is a great character. It's fun trying to figure out how much of Boyd's pious bullshit he actually buys into.

"Myself, I prefer a pair of nice soft double D's, a 60 inch plasma screen, and a stiff drink."

RV is correct.  Seems every player on this show from Raylon to the various guest stars to the meth cookers with 3 lines each is perfectly cast.

And damn if Boyd Crowder isn't one of the best characters on TV.  Watching that last scene with Dewey, I had absolutely no idea if he was going to pull the trigger or not.  Not an inkling either way.

Now 'fess up guys.  Deep down you feel that one unlucky  day you're going to be in the wrong bar at the wrong time and sitting near you at the bar will be Bo, or Boyd, or one of the other lowlifes who feels that it his his God given right to ruin your whole day.  That's why I live in Berkeley.  Here the lowlife thinks that he can do that by demonstrating that he knows more about the Existential Philosphers or the Pre-Raphealites than you .
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 26, 2010, 10:57:54 PM
The writing and acting on this show absolutely rules. Bo, Boyd, and Papa Givens are all perfectly cast. Even dipshit Dewey is a great character. It's fun trying to figure out how much of Boyd's pious bullshit he actually buys into.

"Myself, I prefer a pair of nice soft double D's, a 60 inch plasma screen, and a stiff drink."

RV is correct.  Seems every player on this show from Raylon to the various guest stars to the meth cookers with 3 lines each is perfectly cast.

And damn if Boyd Crowder isn't one of the best characters on TV.  Watching that last scene with Dewey, I had absolutely no idea if he was going to pull the trigger or not.  Not an inkling either way.

Now 'fess up guys.  Deep down you feel that one unlucky  day you're going to be in the wrong bar at the wrong time and sitting near you at the bar will be Bo, or Boyd, or one of the other lowlifes who feels that it his his God given right to ruin your whole day.  That's why I live in Berkeley.  Here the lowlife thinks that he can do that by demonstrating that he knows more about the Existential Philosphers or the Pre-Raphealites than you .

I live in Wheaton, Stew.  That lowlife is probably Billy Graham's kid.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 26, 2010, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: CBStew on May 26, 2010, 10:57:54 PM

I live in Wheaton, Stew.  That lowlife is probably Billy Graham's kid.

I met my fair share of Deweys down back home. I knew a few turds who remind me of Bo and Boyd but I sure as shit hope the comparision ends with the accents and then jean jackets.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
So... Ex-Mrs.-Raylan, huh?

I'd also like to back up a week and say "THAT" to this:

Even dipshit Dewey is a great character.

Dewey's played by an Australian, too. So he probably normally talks just like Tonker.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
Hell's comin' to breakfast next week. I've got a feeling Papa Givens isn't going to survive, but all the Crowders will live to see next season.

I know "fire in the hole" is an overused phrase when it comes to people blowing shit up in movies/TV, but I'll be damned if I don't laugh every time Boyd Crowder says it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2010, 08:19:29 AM
Hell's comin' to breakfast next week. I've got a feeling Papa Givens isn't going to survive, but all the Crowders will live to see next season.

I know "fire in the hole" is an overused phrase when it comes to people blowing shit up in movies/TV, but I'll be damned if I don't laugh every time Boyd Crowder says it.

I'm not so sure Arlo doesn't make it.  He's shown he can do whatever he needs to survive, plus Bo Crowder suddenly has bigger problems to deal with now that his son has blown up his shipment.  Or, maybe you're right.  It could go any number of ways, and I've got no real clue how it'll shake out, which is part of the reason I love this show.

Johnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 09:21:02 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

I'm not so sure Arlo doesn't make it.  He's shown he can do whatever he needs to survive, plus Bo Crowder suddenly has bigger problems to deal with now that his son has blown up his shipment.  Or, maybe you're right.  It could go any number of ways, and I've got no real clue how it'll shake out, which is part of the reason I love this show.

Johnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

Good point, Johnny could be the surprise wild card along with the usual Boyd wild card. Bo rules:

QuoteI may not own a private plane or a fancy car, and when you look at me, you probably see some dumb redneck who likes to eat roadkill for breakfast and have sex with his cousins. I don't eat roadkill and I don't screw my relatives and I didn't just get off of no shortbus.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 09:45:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2010, 09:21:02 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

Good point, Johnny could be the surprise wild card along with the usual Boyd wild card. Bo rules:

QuoteI may not own a private plane or a fancy car, and when you look at me, you probably see some dumb redneck who likes to eat roadkill for breakfast and have sex with his cousins. I don't eat roadkill and I don't screw my relatives and I didn't just get off of no shortbus.

Bo does indeed rule.  What was the line that the meth cooker guy said to Bo's lackey?

"If was I opening a dick-sucking business, then I'd ask for your advice"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
Wow...

Where the hell does this show go from here next season?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »
Damn!    That finale took all of the hurt out of a blown save and a loss by Marmot.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »
I heard Elmore Leonard interviewed a couple of months ago saying that he wanted to write an episode.  I guess that is next season.   This finale was directed by Adam Arkin.  Nice job.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
Gold, Jerry, gold! What an episode. Raylan shooting Arlo to fool Bo's goons. Bo hangin' & shootin' Boyd's flock. Bo fillin' Johnny's gut full o' lead. Boyd taking affront to not being able to kill Bo his own self. Raylan killing fools left and right (I particularly enjoyed the Miami goon who got his head exploded as he peeked in the window). Ending the season with Boyd on the hunt for some Miami chumps. And all the dialogue in between was outstanding.

Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AMJohnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

CT gets this week's TV Nostradamus award.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
DPD. Haven't had a chance to listen yet but I'm assuming it's worth checking out:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126889536&sc=fb&cc=fp

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2010, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AMJohnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

CT gets this week's TV Nostradamus award.

Ironically, CT hasn't watched the finale yet.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
I just watched it - incredible. There were several holy shit moments - most of them were awesome video game deaths at the hand of Raylan Givens. His ex looked particularly sexy tonight in her brief appearance. Which reminds me of something I love - they didn't even resolve that relationship crap. They focused on the killin'. That is my kind of show.

A+