News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Just Cause 2  ( 10,808 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Just Cause 2
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »
I bought the first one for $5 and only played with it for an hour or so, but really liked where they were going with it.  There's a half-hour demo of Just Cause 2 in the Marketplace right now that is steak balls.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Just Cause 2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 20, 2010, 11:15:45 AM
I bought the first one for $5 and only played with it for an hour or so, but really liked where they were going with it.  There's a half-hour demo of Just Cause 2 in the Marketplace right now that is steak balls.

I seemed to remember not liking the first one all that much, but it was also 2 years ago so I might have it wrong. I have a gift card for a few bucks at Gamestop so I'll go buy it again and try it out.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 20, 2010, 11:54:18 AM

I seemed to remember not liking the first one all that much, but it was also 2 years ago so I might have it wrong. I have a gift card for a few bucks at Gamestop so I'll go buy it again and try it out.

Or just download the demo for the superior sequel for free.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 20, 2010, 12:18:26 PM

Yeti doesn't understand how that works.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 20, 2010, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 20, 2010, 12:18:26 PM

Yeti doesn't understand how that works.

I'm a buying fool

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

I was playing the demo the other day.  That game is beyond ridiculous...and absolutely awesome.  Stealing a motorcycle, driving it off a cliff, jumping off the bike and free-falling until you're about 10 feet from the ground before pulling your parachute and then landing on another motorcycle is just badass.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 20, 2010, 02:04:11 PM

I was playing the demo the other day.  That game is beyond ridiculous...and absolutely awesome.  Stealing a motorcycle, driving it off a cliff, jumping off the bike and free-falling until you're about 10 feet from the ground before pulling your parachute and then landing on another motorcycle is just badass.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 20, 2010, 02:04:11 PM

unpossible

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »
Is anyone (other than definitely Yeti) picking this up today?  K-Mart, for whatever reason, has it for $44.99.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 23, 2010, 09:53:12 AM
Is anyone (other than definitely Yeti) picking this up today?  K-Mart, for whatever reason, has it for $44.99.

I'm not sure if I'm picking it up. I played the demo last night and I enjoyed it. I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I just was supposed to blow shit up? I'm not sure. Regardless, I went to the bottom of the map, found a tank and blew the shit out of a base. It was fun. I just have too many unfinished games that I should consider finishing. (I didn't find Just Cause 1 at GameStop the other day like I said I would)

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 23, 2010, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 23, 2010, 09:53:12 AM

I'm not sure if I'm picking it up. I played the demo last night and I enjoyed it. I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I just was supposed to blow shit up? I'm not sure. Regardless, I went to the bottom of the map, found a tank and blew the shit out of a base. It was fun. I just have too many unfinished games that I should consider finishing. (I didn't find Just Cause 1 at GameStop the other day like I said I would)

I don't think plot is a major concern in this game.  I picked it up at lunch.  I'll likely give a very tired report later tonight or tomorrow.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »
It's awesome.  Get it.  The world is ENORMOUS (I think they said something like 400 square miles), and there are tons of things to do.  I've barely scratched the surface.  Though, I did shoot a grappling hook at two different dudes so they slammed together and both died.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 10:57:34 AM
It's awesome.  Get it.  The world is ENORMOUS (I think they said something like 400 square miles), and there are tons of things to do.  I've barely scratched the surface.  Though, I did shoot a grappling hook at two different dudes so they slammed together and both died.

Sold.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 11:28:19 AM

Sold.

Check Kmart and save yourself $15.  Oh, I also jumped out of a helicopter and through the roof of a skyway between two towers to save some dude caught in the crossfire of a gunfight.  The game STARTS with you jumping out of a plane and having to catch up to a dead dude who just fell out of the plane.  I also pulled a statue down onto a truck, which blew up and killed a bunch of guys, including one who was shooting a grenade launcher at me.

Buy two copies.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 01:38:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 11:28:19 AM

Sold.

Check Kmart and save yourself $15.  Oh, I also jumped out of a helicopter and through the roof of a skyway between two towers to save some dude caught in the crossfire of a gunfight.  The game STARTS with you jumping out of a plane and having to catch up to a dead dude who just fell out of the plane.  I also pulled a statue down onto a truck, which blew up and killed a bunch of guys, including one who was shooting a grenade launcher at me.

Buy two copies.

There's a ghetto ass K-mart right down the street. This is all kinds of good.