News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Board/card games  ( 8,361 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Board/card games
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:47 AM »

You fucking guys also say "in bed" at the end of every fucking fortune you pull out of a cookie, don't you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 07, 2010, 08:43:47 AM

You fucking guys also say "in bed" at the end of every fucking fortune you pull out of a cookie, don't you?

I was going to mention how I play a game called "Things" (or maybe it's called "A game of Things")  with some friends where you have a topic (i.e. "Things you don't play with") and it usually turns into a game of "who can come up with the dirtiest/sickest/funniest/most secksually related thing to write down" but I won't now.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 07, 2010, 08:43:47 AM

I don't get this SheckyInsult at all.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 07, 2010, 08:32:14 AM
Speaking of SCABBLE, how do you guys handle deciding if a word is real? Do they get to look it up before the put it down? If the put it down and it's wrong, then what? In the world of freedictionary.com, you can find the most obscure words that even Wheezer doesn't know.

I play on the phone so it tells me. You could easily find a scrabble dictionary either in a book store or online.

Here: http://www.hasbro.com/scrabble/en_US/search.cfm

Problem solved.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 09:47:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2010, 09:35:08 AM
Speaking of SCABBLE, how do you guys handle deciding if a word is real? Do they get to look it up before the put it down? If the put it down and it's wrong, then what? In the world of freedictionary.com, you can find the most obscure words that even Wheezer doesn't know.

I play on the phone so it tells me. You could easily find a scrabble dictionary either in a book store or online.

Problem solved.

Also, I once spelled "vagina" in a game. It was my crowning achievement.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »

Problem solved.

How is "fart" not a word?  Fucking Victorian snobs over at Hasbro.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 07, 2010, 09:47:33 AM

Problem solved.

Also, I once spelled "vagina" in a game. It was my crowning achievement.

I was able to use "Boner" last time I played.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 06, 2010, 10:43:30 PM
DPD.

As for card games, I'm up for anything, so long as alcohol is present.  I've grown partial to euchre.

How very Hoosier of you. After 20 years of throwing down, I only enjoy euchre with copious amounts of alcohol. It's mostly a game of luck. Only ridiculous fuckups such as misreading one's hand can offset the almighty shuffle, cut, deal when you get four people together who know what they're doing. So the more you drink, the dumber you play and the more hilarious this game becomes.

I should point out that I typically get so drunk that I need someone to go over the rules with me every time I play.  

It's like pro bowling in that the game doesn't actually start until somebody doesn't bowl a strike. Getting euchred is worse than getting your pants pulled down at communion. Me and another dude swept a four-game set from two other dudes last Saturday and we were fucking CLOWNING, son.

Let's play soon. Your wife, does she go?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2010, 10:11:24 AM
DPD.

As for card games, I'm up for anything, so long as alcohol is present.  I've grown partial to euchre.

How very Hoosier of you. After 20 years of throwing down, I only enjoy euchre with copious amounts of alcohol. It's mostly a game of luck. Only ridiculous fuckups such as misreading one's hand can offset the almighty shuffle, cut, deal when you get four people together who know what they're doing. So the more you drink, the dumber you play and the more hilarious this game becomes.

I should point out that I typically get so drunk that I need someone to go over the rules with me every time I play.  

It's like pro bowling in that the game doesn't actually start until somebody doesn't bowl a strike. Getting euchred is worse than getting your pants pulled down at communion. Me and another dude swept a four-game set from two other dudes last Saturday and we were fucking CLOWNING, son.

She's the one that introduced me to it.  It's big with her friends in Michigan.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:18:11 AM
DPD.

We should invite you guys over for a game soon. Or vice versa.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:18:11 AM
DPD.

A waste of a perfectly good Monty Python ref.
TIME TO POST!

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »
XBLA introduced me to Carcasonne and Settlers of Catan, which are both pretty fun games.  I'm always up for a rollicking game of Fireball Island.  I'll play pretty much any card games.  Apex is right about euchre being almost entirely luck, but I still love that game.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 07, 2010, 01:15:58 PM
XBLA introduced me to Carcasonne and Settlers of Catan, which are both pretty fun games.  I'm always up for a rollicking game of Fireball Island.  I'll play pretty much any card games.  Apex is right about euchre being almost entirely luck, but I still love that game.

Euchre is a game most women can not suck at. So it cuts down on the eye-rolling-arms-folded-sigh-I'm-bored-you're-drunk-shut-up look I tend to get at some gatherings.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »

Perhaps this will help explain the challenge rules: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHiAuiT_zM
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
Just played two new games this weekend; Zombie Flux and Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game.

Zombie Flux is a card game where the rules to win change almost every turn, as do the condition of the games (ie: how many cards you draw, how many cards you can play, how many cards you can hold in your hand, etc.).  BSG is a pretty cool game in which you and your friends play to save the ship from the dreaded cylons, although one (or more) of the players might actually be a cylon.
M'lady.