News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Treyarch announces Call of Duty: Black Ops/EA and DICE working on new MoH  ( 8,426 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Treyarch announces Call of Duty: Black Ops/EA and DICE working on new MoH
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »
Because I think Yeti's asked me about this for every game I try to pimp:

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

-Let's get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we've re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:

-You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
-Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

Guests online in split screen in Black Ops.  Also, you can chose to play with groups of players geographically in proximity to you so that lag isn't a problem.  Treyarch is doing it right, it seems.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 28, 2010, 10:19:06 AM
Because I think Yeti's asked me about this for every game I try to pimp:

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

-Let's get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we've re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:

-You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
-Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

Guests online in split screen in Black Ops.  Also, you can chose to play with groups of players geographically in proximity to you so that lag isn't a problem.  Treyarch is doing it right, it seems.

BONERTIME. This is pretty awesome.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
I also think the second person can find their gamertag, too, and play split screen.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
2 main complaints about MOH: grenades have about a 2 foot blast radius. And something is really fucked up with getting killed. You start getting shot and run to a corner. You can still be getting shot 2-4 steps past the corner and die around the corner. Also, a guy will come around a corner and his gun is not facing you but he start shooting and you die

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 07:43:02 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2010, 04:54:46 PM
2 main complaints about MOH: grenades have about a 2 foot blast radius. And something is really fucked up with getting killed. You start getting shot and run to a corner. You can still be getting shot 2-4 steps past the corner and die around the corner. Also, a guy will come around a corner and his gun is not facing you but he start shooting and you die

I know.  I started playing Saturday morning and was doing well.  My skill number was rising and I was going positive in the kills.  I thought maybe I turned a corner.  I popped in the game in the afternoon for a few minutes and got sniped every goddamn time I spawned.  It was really aggravating.  I will download the free DLC tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll buy the $10 DLC.

Black Ops is a week away.  Best.  Game.  Evar.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 01, 2010, 07:43:02 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2010, 04:54:46 PM

I know.  I started playing Saturday morning and was doing well.  My skill number was rising and I was going positive in the kills.  I thought maybe I turned a corner.  I popped in the game in the afternoon for a few minutes and got sniped every goddamn time I spawned.  It was really aggravating.  I will download the free DLC tomorrow night, but I doubt I'll buy the $10 DLC.

Black Ops is a week away.  Best.  Game.  Evar.

Yeah, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm going to sell MOH; it kind of sucks.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:57 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 01, 2010, 09:31:56 AM
Yeah, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm going to sell MOH; it kind of sucks.

I'll hold onto mine because I love the campaign and I'll probably play through it a few more times.  I never played Frontline on it's original format, so I'll try that, too.  Not many multiplayer games will push the Call of Duty games.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 01, 2010, 09:31:56 AM

I'm contemplating doing this in a few weeks. The multiplayer is frustrating at times, but I still perform well. I mean, I'm usually near the top of the leaderboards when I play but I'm not a sniper so I'm not as high up there (more on the global ones) as I could be as this is a game that if you're a sniper you can completely dominate. It just doesn't have the allure that CoD has. I know in 8 days I'll be playing the shit out of it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
BONERTIME