Desipio Message Board
October 16, 2017, 06:58:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 3784 times)
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »

This isn't a new place by any means but I just realized it's probably cheaper than Jewel. They don't have the brand name shit but most of the stuff is pretty good.

These verde chicken burritos are fucking awesome.

What are some of the specialty foods that I need to try? There are too many to choose from and every time I'm there I only ending up choosing one pretty awesome looking thing.

PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »

This isn't a new place by any means but I just realized it's probably cheaper than Jewel. They don't have the brand name shit but most of the stuff is pretty good.

What are some of the specialty foods that I need to try? There are too many to choose from and every time I'm there I only ending up choosing one pretty awesome looking thing.

Que Urban Snob, RV.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
R-V
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:04:06 PM »

Yes, it is cheaper than Jewel. I am having a hard time thinking of anything we've gotten from here that ISN'T good. Off the top of my head:

- frozen chicken tamales
- frozen pastry pups
- frozen morning buns
- turkey chili
- BBQ sauce
- BBQ chips
- strawberry preserves
- salsa (the fresh kind from the fridge section)
- pretzel rolls
- pretzel buns

Que Urban Snob, RV.

Says the man with a mouthful of $12 Free Range Llama Penis from Whole Foods.
CT III
Administrator
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »

Yes, it is cheaper than Jewel. I am having a hard time thinking of anything we've gotten from here that ISN'T good. Off the top of my head:

- frozen chicken tamales
- frozen pastry pups
- frozen morning buns
- turkey chili
- BBQ sauce
- BBQ chips
- strawberry preserves
- pretzel rolls
- pretzel buns

Que Urban Snob, RV.

Just don't put any of that stuff in your second fridge.
Dr. Nguyen Van Falk
Fukakke Fan Club

Cases won in 30 minutes or your pizza's free!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

Yes, it is cheaper than Jewel. I am having a hard time thinking of anything we've gotten from here that ISN'T good.

Their peanut butter?

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?
R-V
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »

Yes, it is cheaper than Jewel. I am having a hard time thinking of anything we've gotten from here that ISN'T good.

Their peanut butter?

People eat brands of peanut butter other than Jif?
Dr. Nguyen Van Falk
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »

Their peanut butter?

People eat brands of peanut butter other than Jif?

Idiots, RV. Only idiots.

PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »

- frozen chicken tamales
- frozen pastry pups
- frozen morning buns
- turkey chili
- BBQ sauce
- BBQ chips
- strawberry preserves
- pretzel rolls
- pretzel buns

Que Urban Snob, RV.

I find the penis to be rather gamey, so I generally just stick to the tender scrotum.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:07 PM »

Their peanut butter?

You need to pour all the oil out of the jar first.
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »

At the risk of revealing more than anyone wants to know, I am lactose intolerant.  I can't express the joy I experienced when I discovered Mintz' Blintzes in the freezer section of Trader Joe.  They are dairy free (tofu).  They are sensational!  Brown them in a little butter, or if you prefer, Promise.  I like them with orange martmalade.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »

At the risk of revealing more than anyone wants to know, I am lactose intolerant.  I can't express the joy I experienced when I discovered Mintz' Blintzes in the freezer section of Trader Joe.  They are dairy free (tofu).  They are sensational!  Brown them in a little butter, or if you prefer, Promise.  I like them with orange martmalade.

A blintz filled with tofu smothered in Marmalade?

If I understand that correctly, I take back what I said about wanting you to be my daughter's grandfather.

Wheezer
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Non Omnis Moriar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »

A blintz filled with tofu smothered in Marmalade?

Silken tofu, no doubt. Reminds me of "The Sensuous Woman."

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »

Trader Joe's saves costs by packaging the food themselves with their own labels, is that how they are cheaper?
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »

Trader Joe's saves costs by packaging the food themselves with their own labels, is that how they are cheaper?

That, and slave labor.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Dr. Nguyen Van Falk
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »

That, and slave labor.

Also... it's people! Trader Joe's Verde Chicken Burritos are made out of people!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: