Desipio Message Board
October 16, 2017, 07:03:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Sauce  (Read 8232 times)
PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »

So, in an attempt to find something new that wasn't just hot for the sake of hot, but actually had some good flavor, stumbled across Iguana Gold.

Pretty awesome.

Any other stuff out there that isn't just hot, but actually has some good flavor?

I'm a big fan of Sriracha (hot cock) also, but was looking for something a little less overpowering.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

I think it's from the same company that distributes sriracha but the Sambal Oelek hot chili paste is incredible.

Richard Chuggar
TJG is back!
Fukakke Fan Club

Bonerific.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »

I had this last weekend.  I couldn't feel my mouth for about 20 minutes and drank about a half gallon of milk trying to get some sensation back.  But for the first two seconds, it tasted pretty good.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.
PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »

I had this last weekend.  I couldn't feel my mouth for about 20 minutes and drank about a half gallon of milk trying to get some sensation back.  But for the first two seconds, it tasted pretty good.

Anything by "Dave" I've found to be completely ridiculously hot.

More of a novelty than anything I'd actually want to use.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:19 AM »

I'm a big fan of Cholula.
Saul Goodman
Not NOT Sterling
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You know I'm hourly, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »

BONAR

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?
Oleg
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »

All hot sauce talk starts and ends with hot cock.
PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »

Well, this one did start with it, but there are times that it's just too overpowering in flavor. I think it's a fantastic hot sauce, but it very quickly becomes the dominant flavor of whatever you're eating.

Oleg
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »

Well, this one did start with it, but there are times that it's just too overpowering in flavor. I think it's a fantastic hot sauce, but it very quickly becomes the dominant flavor of whatever you're eating.

You clearly need to learn moderation.
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »

You clearly need to learn moderation.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
R-V
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »

Who needs hot sauce when you've got ketchup?[/Hueybait]
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

I like Inner Beauty.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Canadouche
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »

I like to toss a drop or two of Dave's Insanity into my various sauces (tomato, chili, salsa, whatever) but no more than a drop or two (and I mean the smallest drop possible).  That will kick up the spice level without incinerating your tongue, but maybe you would want to test it out on some unwitting schmuck before you try it, just to make sure it's not too crazy spicy. 

Fork might know about this one -- absolutely freaking delicious, and undoubtedly spicy.

M'lady.
PenPho
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »

In light of TEC's recent admission that Tabasco is the greatest hot sauce ever, I saw an article on Yahoo a few weeks back that anointed Frank's Red Hot as the best overall hot sauce out there.

Not having had Frank's in years, I went out and got some, and am here to report that this article is false.

It is definitely not the best hot sauce, by any stretch.

But it's better than Tabasco.

The article does list Sriracha as the best "Medium" sauce out there, which is pretty accurate, though I think it's certainly every bit as hot as Frank's (or other non-habanero/insanity sauces).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:17:15 PM by PenPho » Logged

Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »

In light of TEC's recent admission that Tabasco is the greatest hot sauce ever, I saw an article on Yahoo a few weeks back that anointed Frank's Red Hot as the best overall hot sauce out there.

Not having had Frank's in years, I went out and got some, and am here to report that this article is false.

It is definitely not the best hot sauce, by any stretch.

But it's better than Tabasco.

The article does list Sriracha as the best "Medium" sauce out there, which is pretty accurate, though I think it's certainly every bit as hot as Frank's (or other non-habanero/insanity sauces).

Frank's is more vinegary than hot. It's barely hot at all. Sriracha is hotter for my taste. I still maintain, though it's not a sauce, that the Sambal Oelek paste is one of the best hot condiments around.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: