News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hot Sauce  ( 11,756 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Hot Sauce
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »
So, in an attempt to find something new that wasn't just hot for the sake of hot, but actually had some good flavor, stumbled across Iguana Gold.

Pretty awesome.

Any other stuff out there that isn't just hot, but actually has some good flavor?

I'm a big fan of Sriracha (hot cock) also, but was looking for something a little less overpowering.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hot Sauce
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
I think it's from the same company that distributes sriracha but the Sambal Oelek hot chili paste is incredible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:33:05 PM »
I had this last weekend.  I couldn't feel my mouth for about 20 minutes and drank about a half gallon of milk trying to get some sensation back.  But for the first two seconds, it tasted pretty good.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 30, 2010, 03:33:05 PM
I had this last weekend.  I couldn't feel my mouth for about 20 minutes and drank about a half gallon of milk trying to get some sensation back.  But for the first two seconds, it tasted pretty good.

Anything by "Dave" I've found to be completely ridiculously hot.

More of a novelty than anything I'd actually want to use.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:37:19 AM »
I'm a big fan of Cholula.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
All hot sauce talk starts and ends with hot cock.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 02, 2010, 11:57:31 AM

Well, this one did start with it, but there are times that it's just too overpowering in flavor. I think it's a fantastic hot sauce, but it very quickly becomes the dominant flavor of whatever you're eating.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 02, 2010, 11:59:37 AM

Well, this one did start with it, but there are times that it's just too overpowering in flavor. I think it's a fantastic hot sauce, but it very quickly becomes the dominant flavor of whatever you're eating.

You clearly need to learn moderation.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 02, 2010, 12:13:35 PM
Quote from: PenPho on June 02, 2010, 11:59:37 AM

You clearly need to learn moderation.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
Who needs hot sauce when you've got ketchup?[/Hueybait]

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

I like Inner Beauty.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »
I like to toss a drop or two of Dave's Insanity into my various sauces (tomato, chili, salsa, whatever) but no more than a drop or two (and I mean the smallest drop possible).  That will kick up the spice level without incinerating your tongue, but maybe you would want to test it out on some unwitting schmuck before you try it, just to make sure it's not too crazy spicy. 

Fork might know about this one -- absolutely freaking delicious, and undoubtedly spicy.
M'lady.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »
In light of TEC's recent admission that Tabasco is the greatest hot sauce ever, I saw an article on Yahoo a few weeks back that anointed Frank's Red Hot as the best overall hot sauce out there.

Not having had Frank's in years, I went out and got some, and am here to report that this article is false.

It is definitely not the best hot sauce, by any stretch.

But it's better than Tabasco.

The article does list Sriracha as the best "Medium" sauce out there, which is pretty accurate, though I think it's certainly every bit as hot as Frank's (or other non-habanero/insanity sauces).

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 14, 2010, 12:15:23 PM
In light of TEC's recent admission that Tabasco is the greatest hot sauce ever, I saw an article on Yahoo a few weeks back that anointed Frank's Red Hot as the best overall hot sauce out there.

Not having had Frank's in years, I went out and got some, and am here to report that this article is false.

It is definitely not the best hot sauce, by any stretch.

But it's better than Tabasco.

The article does list Sriracha as the best "Medium" sauce out there, which is pretty accurate, though I think it's certainly every bit as hot as Frank's (or other non-habanero/insanity sauces).

Frank's is more vinegary than hot. It's barely hot at all. Sriracha is hotter for my taste. I still maintain, though it's not a sauce, that the Sambal Oelek paste is one of the best hot condiments around.