News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hot Sauce  ( 11,756 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hot Sauce
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
I once made a hot lime pickle that ate through the lid of the Ball jar while it was aging. It was savage, but perhaps unsafe for consumption because of the residual lid in the mix.

As usual, 1970s British cookbooks offer ready alternatives for those who would carp about such nonsense. I shall not address these further, though, instead to suggest that the meat-including hot condiment pokkum koch'ujang sounds interesting.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »

Bump.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 09, 2011, 02:28:25 PM

Bump.

Unbump. Let's crown this thread unnecessary. Tobasco wins. Done. And done.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 09, 2011, 02:30:01 PM

Bump.

That's depressing.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 09, 2011, 02:33:04 PM
Quote from: BH on May 09, 2011, 02:30:01 PM

Bump.

That's depressing.

That's what we get for giving Iowa and New Mexico the vote.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
If anyone can find this stuff, it's really awesome.
Plus, all-natural and only has about 5-6 ingredients and all are easily identifiable.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 09:02:42 PM »
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2013/07/hot_sauce_lead.php

QuoteOver the past week or so, the foodie world's been abuzz over a report from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas showing that there are high levels of lead in Mexican hot sauces. Researchers bought 25 brands of hot sauces in Latino grocery stores around Las Vegas and put them under the microscope to see how much lead they contained.

The answers? You can't find their full results (published in the Journal of Environmental Science and Health) online, because it costs a lot of money, and the review doesn't even allow academic databases to host their papers until 18 months after they get published. They ranked them according to those whose contents "exceeded 0.1 ppm lead, "the current FDA action level for lead in candy," per the report.

Luckily, I know people in Tepito who got me a piratería version of the report, so behold the five most dangerous hot sauces that UNLV researchers found...
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
When we were in New Orleans earlier this month we found a store on Royal Street that sold nothing but hot sauces.  You could walk up and down the aisles sampling.  I was shopping for a present for one of my sons who loves the stuff.  After tasting about a dozen I bought Melinda's XXXX Habanero hot sauce.  I wanted flavor in addition to heat and while this was about as hot as most of those that I tasted it had a garlicky taste as well.  http://www.melindas.com/store.html

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)