News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,496 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »

Prarie House in Buffalo Grove has $5/per person all-you-can-eat pizza for lunch Mon-Wed. Damn good stuff.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 10:28:09 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2010, 05:30:12 PM

Prarie House in Buffalo Grove has $5/per person all-you-can-eat pizza for lunch Mon-Wed. Damn good stuff.

Who the hell goes that far out of town for pizza?  Got any good recommendations in Wisconsin?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
Ordered coalfire last night. Still a good pie, more like New York style. The hot salami is great. No one is ever there, and they don't deliver. Assume they won't be around much longer.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 10, 2010, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 09, 2010, 05:30:12 PM

Who the hell goes that far out of town for pizza?  Got any good recommendations in Wisconsin?

I hear the Tonker parties have good sausage rolls.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »
I don't think anyone mentioned Pizza D.O.C in the last thread.
Lincoln Square neighborhood, 2251 W. Lawrence (Oakley)

Wood burning brick oven which I believe was disassembled and shipped over from the old country.
Very thin crust, the pies are the closest in Chicago to what I've eaten in Italy.

The pizza with thinly sliced potatoes, rosemary, mozzarella, and extra virgin olive oil is unbelievable.
As is the arugula pizza with cherry tomatoes.

Not on the menu but ask for the celery and apple salad, it's served with shaved Parmesan in a white vinegar dressing.

The place has been recently remodeled with a larger bar.
The service is great and the atmosphere relaxed with a neighborhood feel.

I've never had a bad meal here, order yourself a Moretti and dig in.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 10, 2010, 10:38:45 AM
Ordered coalfire last night. Still a good pie, more like New York style. The hot salami is great. No one is ever there, and they don't deliver. Assume they won't be around much longer.

In all seriousness, do you eat anything other than pizza?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 10, 2010, 11:59:12 AM
Quote from: BH on June 10, 2010, 10:38:45 AM

In all seriousness, do you eat anything other than pizza?

Yes. I have pizza about twice a month normally.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

Spacca Napoli.

That is all.
TIME TO POST!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »
TIME TO POST!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 10, 2010, 03:27:47 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 10, 2010, 03:20:06 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 10, 2010, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 10, 2010, 01:02:59 PM
That is all.

Empty promise.

On the topic of pizza.

I stand by my assertion.

OK, so you were right...after reading this thread, went to Pequod's in Morton Grove last night, deep dish with sausage, peppers, onions & mushrooms. Outstanding. Cheese in the crust is full of win.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »
Sorrento in North Beach, in San Francisco.  Unfortunately, it closed in 1958 or '59.  When I think pizza that is what I can't get out of my head.  Not only does everything since get judged by that standard, nothing has ever come close (except for Bella Napoli on Telegraph in Oakland, but that closed around 1961.)  A restaurant opened in Berkeley last winter that serves a vegan pizza with (don't laugh) pureed cashew paste instead of mozzarella.  Yes, that's what I thought when I saw it on the menu, but I tried it anyway.  Now I am hooked.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 23, 2010, 05:57:12 PM
Sorrento in North Beach, in San Francisco.  Unfortunately, it closed in 1958 or '59.  When I think pizza that is what I can't get out of my head.  Not only does everything since get judged by that standard, nothing has ever come close (except for Bella Napoli on Telegraph in Oakland, but that closed around 1961.)  A restaurant opened in Berkeley last winter that serves a vegan pizza with (don't laugh) pureed cashew paste instead of mozzarella.  Yes, that's what I thought when I saw it on the menu, but I tried it anyway.  Now I am hooked.

Village Pizza.
Hartsdale, NY.

The pizza by which all others will forever be measured in my mind.

Oh, and a place in Berkeley selling vegan pizza with Cashew Paste is the least surprising thing since Thrillho entered that Hacky Sack tournament wearing pants made out of Patchoulli-scented hemp.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 06:15:13 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 23, 2010, 06:02:32 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 23, 2010, 05:57:12 PM

Village Pizza.
Hartsdale, NY.

The pizza by which all others will forever be measured in my mind.

Oh, and a place in Berkeley selling vegan pizza with Cashew Paste is the least surprising thing since Thrillho entered that Hacky Sack tournament wearing pants made out of Patchoulli-scented hemp.

I see your point.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)