News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,376 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Pizza Pizza
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:45:15 AM »
Looks like our Pizza thread got ratto'd. Just wanted to add that I finally had Pequod's. And I ordered it again 2 days after.
Best pizza I've had in Chicago. Lots of sauce. Great crust. They don't overdo the cheese. Perfect.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 09, 2010, 08:45:15 AM
Looks like our Pizza thread got ratto'd. Just wanted to add that I finally had Pequod's. And I ordered it again 2 days after.
Best pizza I've had in Chicago. Lots of sauce. Great crust. They don't overdo the cheese. Perfect.

Pequod's is indeed the best.

Best frozen pie: Home Run Inn. $11 for two of those delicious bastards at your local Costco. And if you really want to stick it to the man you can pack the leftovers in your fanny pack for your next Cubs game.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2010, 09:35:28 AM

Best frozen pie: Home Run Inn. $11 for two of those delicious bastards at your local Costco. And if you really want to stick it to the man you can pack the leftovers in your fanny pack for your next Cubs game.

Going to check out the Art of Pizza next. Which also gets good marks.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 09, 2010, 09:36:43 AM

I had AoP with Oleg and TEC one drunken night last year or two years ago.  I thought it was awesome.  We were at a bar eating it.

But BH, might want to mix in a salad every now and then or you'll turn into a regular RV.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:02:24 AM »

Art of Pizza's deep dish is pure cheesy goodness.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »

Check out Home Run Inn's ultra thin Margherita pizza. It's delicious as hell and it's not as greasy as their other ones.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
Thin:  Candelite, Pete's, D'Agostinos

Deep Dish/Pan:  Lou Malnati's (FYC), Giordanos.

I'm ashamed to admit I've nevr had Pequods.  That shit's gotta change, and soon.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:53 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2010, 10:21:39 AM

Check out Home Run Inn's ultra thin Margherita pizza. It's delicious as hell and it's not as greasy as their other ones.

Has anyone ever eaten at a Home Run Inn? If their frozen pizza is that good I would imagine the fresh stuff would make one tumescent.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 09, 2010, 11:02:48 AM

I'm ashamed to admit I've nevr had Pequods.  That shit's gotta change, and soon.

I can add to the Pequod group's claims. It's incredible and very unique.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

And a second on the D'ags thin crust. The sweet sauce is excellent.

Me want food.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2010, 11:21:53 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2010, 10:21:39 AM

Has anyone ever eaten at a Home Run Inn? If their frozen pizza is that good I would imagine the fresh stuff would make one tumescent.

I used to work at 75th Street and Kingery, and there was a Home Run Inn by 75th & Lemont Road that we would invariably hit up.  In my opinion, the pizza at the restaurant was fan-fucking-tastic.   They always had a pizza buffet at lunchtime which my fat-ass got it's money worth with.  

So, yes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 09, 2010, 11:26:08 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 09, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

And a second on the D'ags thin crust. The sweet sauce is excellent.

Me want food.

Thirded on Dag's thin crust. I get mine with some extra sauce.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Always good to start a pizza thread with the slogan from Little Caesar's

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 09, 2010, 11:46:47 AM
Always good to start a pizza thread with the slogan from Little Caesar's

Go Tigers!
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 09, 2010, 09:50:57 AM

I had AoP with Oleg and TEC one drunken night last year or two years ago.  I thought it was awesome.  We were at a bar eating it.

But BH, might want to mix in a salad every now and then or you'll turn into a regular RV.

Meaty Delight from AoP...meaty awsomeness.