News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V  ( 14,868 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 04, 2011, 09:09:47 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 04, 2011, 08:51:59 AM
Some rumors:  play as Tommy Vercetti from Vice City (although multiple characters may be possible); CJ from San Andreas in the police footchase?; the get buff/get fat player health mechanic returns (the beach workout station part of the trailer); fighter jets and planes; immigrant workers?; the global recession plays a big role.

Even though Saints Row has bee more GTA than GTA lately, hopefully Rockstar gets back to what they do best.  GTAIV, while a great game, was just boring.

This makes no sense?

Needed more fanboats.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 04, 2011, 08:51:59 AM
Some rumors:  play as Tommy Vercetti from Vice City (although multiple characters may be possible); CJ from San Andreas in the police footchase?; the get buff/get fat player health mechanic returns (the beach workout station part of the trailer); fighter jets and planes; immigrant workers?; the global recession plays a big role.

Even though Saints Row has bee more GTA than GTA lately, hopefully Rockstar gets back to what they do best.  GTAIV, while a great game, was just boring.

What's this about bees?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »
Technically it was a very solid game.  And it had it's moments.  But overall, it was less outrageous than the former GTA's and that made it a boring story.  It was still a good game despite that, no?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 04, 2011, 10:16:14 AM
Technically it was a very solid game.  And it had it's moments.  But overall, it was less outrageous than the former GTA's and that made it a boring story.  It was still a good game despite that, no?

If you want a good story, go outside and do something
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
The trailers for Saints Row 3 are amazing.  For example, here is a man in a bathrobe using a giant purple dildo to fight off a horde of zombies.  I suppose that's pretty NSFW.

http://youtu.be/HrLbKpdZqc0

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 04, 2011, 03:42:49 PM
The trailers for Saints Row 3 are amazing.  For example, here is a man in a bathrobe using a giant purple dildo to fight off a horde of zombies.  I suppose that's pretty NSFW.

Is it Josh Brolin?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 04, 2011, 04:31:19 PM

Is it Josh Brolin?

Wait... is nobody going to comment on the fact that... well, KERM FUCKING POSTED ON DESIPIO?  Welcome back, old chum.  Where the fuck have you been?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 11:47:13 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 04, 2011, 06:29:27 PM

Is it Josh Brolin?

Wait... is nobody going to comment on the fact that... well, KERM FUCKING POSTED ON DESIPIO?  Welcome back, old chum.  Where the fuck have you been?

Thanks, Tonks!  I've been here and there.  Mostly there, I guess.  You'd be surprised how much your web-surfing decreases when you're not forced to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 05, 2011, 11:47:13 AM

Is it Josh Brolin?

Thanks, Tonks!  I've been here and there.  Mostly there, I guess.  You'd be surprised how much your web-surfing decreases when you're not forced to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

That landscaping job is paying unexpected dividends, eh?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 05, 2011, 12:18:02 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 05, 2011, 11:47:13 AM

Is it Josh Brolin?

That landscaping job is paying unexpected dividends, eh?

What is..."job"?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
Delayed from Spring 2013 to September, if anyone cares.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
DPD.  New gameplay trailer out.  Looks pretty good.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
Who's playing?

My brother in law picked me up a copy for my birthday so I should have it in a few days.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2013, 12:34:30 PM
Who's playing?

My brother in law picked me up a copy for my birthday so I should have it in a few days.

Not yet. PS3 is out for repairs again because the first one didn't take. HOWEVA, I've watched some of the videos on Kotaku and it looks pretty great.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2013, 12:34:30 PM
Who's playing?

I started it up, but I don't expect to really play it a lot until next week.  3 days of vacation.

From what I've seen so far, it's incredible.  The need/ability to change characters is pretty awesome - you get to do that in the very first mission.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.