News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Has anyone read any...  ( 1,499 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Has anyone read any...
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »
Michael Gruber?   I think that he has written around seven mysteries/thrillers.  I am currently reading one about the discovery of a Shakespeare manuscript and by page 80 I still don't know what the mystery is, but the book jacket says that someone gets killed. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Has anyone read any...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 13, 2010, 04:47:15 PM
Michael Gruber?   I think that he has written around seven mysteries/thrillers.  I am currently reading one about the discovery of a Shakespeare manuscript and by page 80 I still don't know what the mystery is, but the book jacket says that someone gets killed. 

I assume you're referring to The Book of Air and Shadows, which I've read, though I haven't read anything else by Michael Gruber.

If I recall correctly, there was a ton of flashing back to the 17th century in that book, which was awesome for like 100 pages, then got a little annoying. I did finish the book, which is a pretty significant accomplishment for me, but I certainly wasn't inspired enough to read any other book by him.

Oh, and SPOILER ALERT: That Shakespeare guy dies.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"