News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread  ( 75,964 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 18, 2010, 10:14:16 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2010, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on August 18, 2010, 09:00:09 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 18, 2010, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 18, 2010, 06:37:12 PM
DPD. The first Cub game I attended at Wrigley actually wasn't until I went to a Cubs-Sox game my senior year of high school. Dad got us tickets on one of those all inclusive bus trips that us country rubes like to take to the game. That was my graduation gift. That week Derrek hadn't taken a single at-bat due to that bulging disc that bugged him for years. I was disappointed my favorite player wasn't playing but I was still excited for the game. Marquis started and pitched like shit but hit a home run. As did Joe Crede, Paul Konerko and Michael Barrett if I remember correctly. The Cubs were down 6-5 when Theriot slapped at triple down the line. Soriano tied the game (FYC), Ramirez knocked him in to give him the lead and the rookie pitcher for the Sox loaded up the bases down 7-6. Then the crowd went wild. I jostled around to see past the guy in front of me and saw Derrek taking his warm up hacks and I slapped my Dad on the shoulder to tell him. People calmed down enough that we were able to see. The first pitch was a meatball that Derrek badly missed and the methheads around me started chuckling. Three straight balls followed that and the next pitch lead to 100%, grade-a bonertime when Derecles launched it into the basket for a grand slam to make it 11-6 Cubs. I realize latching onto a player just because he did something while you were one of the 40,000 BHs in the stands is a pretty meathead notion, but fuck all of you. From here on out, Derrek Lee is enshrined in my Sports Valhalla, right next to his fat-chick railin' predecessor (minus a few Matt Stairss and Fred McGriffs).

You know who gave up that grand slam doncha? Yeah, I think you do.

I just had a sharp wincing pain emanate from my taint.

Is there something significant about Boone Logan that I don't know about?

Who gave up the granny to Pierzynski the next day? I can't fucking remember that either. Lilly?

I don't know but there sure seem to be a lot of grannies in this series.  Just off the top of my head, Carlos Lee has 2, Miguel Olivo had 1,   Ricky Gutierrez....the two mentioned here...possibly more...who the fuck knows?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2010, 10:19:36 PM
DPD. The first Cub game I attended at Wrigley actually wasn't until I went to a Cubs-Sox game my senior year of high school. Dad got us tickets on one of those all inclusive bus trips that us country rubes like to take to the game. That was my graduation gift. That week Derrek hadn't taken a single at-bat due to that bulging disc that bugged him for years. I was disappointed my favorite player wasn't playing but I was still excited for the game. Marquis started and pitched like shit but hit a home run. As did Joe Crede, Paul Konerko and Michael Barrett if I remember correctly. The Cubs were down 6-5 when Theriot slapped at triple down the line. Soriano tied the game (FYC), Ramirez knocked him in to give him the lead and the rookie pitcher for the Sox loaded up the bases down 7-6. Then the crowd went wild. I jostled around to see past the guy in front of me and saw Derrek taking his warm up hacks and I slapped my Dad on the shoulder to tell him. People calmed down enough that we were able to see. The first pitch was a meatball that Derrek badly missed and the methheads around me started chuckling. Three straight balls followed that and the next pitch lead to 100%, grade-a bonertime when Derecles launched it into the basket for a grand slam to make it 11-6 Cubs. I realize latching onto a player just because he did something while you were one of the 40,000 BHs in the stands is a pretty meathead notion, but fuck all of you. From here on out, Derrek Lee is enshrined in my Sports Valhalla, right next to his fat-chick railin' predecessor (minus a few Matt Stairss and Fred McGriffs).

Who gave up the granny to Pierzynski the next day? I can't fucking remember that either. Lilly?

I don't know but there sure seem to be a lot of grannies in this series.  Just off the top of my head, Caros has 2, Miguel Olivo had 1,   Ricky Gutierrez....the two mentioned here...possibly more...who the fuck knows?

I had one. She was aight.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2010, 12:54:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 18, 2010, 11:35:41 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2010, 10:19:36 PM

I don't know but there sure seem to be a lot of grannies in this series.  Just off the top of my head, Caros has 2, Miguel Olivo had 1,   Ricky Gutierrez....the two mentioned here...possibly more...who the fuck knows?

I had one. She was aight.

This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM »
Thirty years old is young to Carrie Muskat:

QuoteMicah Hoffpauir will join the team Thursday from Triple-A Iowa. Expect more young players, even before the Sept. 1 callup date.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on August 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM

QuoteMicah Hoffpauir will join the team Thursday from Triple-A Iowa. Expect more young players, even before the Sept. 1 callup date.

JAYSUN DUBWAH!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:05 AM »

Roger Craig told me that most players don't peak until they're 34, 35 years old.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »

Yea, it's ok to hang on to Lee for that.. Largely due to the fact that he was a hell of a player. I was a little pissed about the Angels thing, but oh well. Good luck to Blace. Chances are really good that "my National League team" for the playoffs will be an NL East team.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 19, 2010, 08:19:25 AM
Chances are really good that "my National League team" for the playoffs will be an NL East team.

Dude, I hate to break it to you like this, but your Mets are currently 11 back in the East and 8.5 back in the Wild Card race.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2010, 08:38:27 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2010, 08:34:38 AM
Chances are really good that "my National League team" for the playoffs will be an NL East team.

Dude, I hate to break it to you like this, but your Mets are currently 11 back in the East and 8.5 back in the Wild Card race.

FML

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 19, 2010, 08:38:27 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2010, 08:34:38 AM

FML

And you're fat.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:44 AM »

I've been faced. However, my guy suffered the loss in that game as he was responsible for all of the runners on base at the time.

I hung my Aardsma Cubs jersey from my Wrigleyville balcony that day.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 19, 2010, 08:57:44 AM

I've been faced. However, my guy suffered the loss in that game as he was responsible for all of the runners on base at the time.

3.12 ERA and 1.172 WHIP with 123 K, 54 BB and 62 saves on 71 opportunities in 112.2 IP over the past two seasons.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 19, 2010, 09:52:05 AM
Quote from: Slaky on August 19, 2010, 08:57:44 AM

3.12 ERA and 1.172 WHIP with 123 K, 54 BB and 62 saves on 71 opportunities in 112.2 IP over the past two seasons.

Nice choice, Jim.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 19, 2010, 08:02:05 AM

Roger Craig told me that most players don't peak until they're 34, 35 years old.

Favre hasn't peaked yet.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)