News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 80,822 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

Rumple Minze in the freezer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2010, 09:56:57 AM

I'll bring the Jaeger and we can make Dead Nazis.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 12, 2010, 09:57:56 AM

You make Yeti Blue sad.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 10:03:54 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 12, 2010, 09:57:56 AM

You make Yeti Blue sad.

I think this meme's about had the lick.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 12, 2010, 09:56:04 AM
Rum: Appleton Reserve, Mount Gay (especially if you can get some that is actually bottled in Barbados), and I agree on the Sailor Jerry.

Gin: I know Tonker likes Plymouth as do I but I prefer Tanqueray (the regular London Dry not Tanqueray 10). Bombay tastes like soap.

Tequila: Herradura Blanco. Hmmm... agave.

Vodka: Sorry SKO but you haven't lived until you've had a perfectly made Grey Goose martini. Up with just the thinnest layer of ice and blue cheese stuffed olives.

Whiskey: Can't... do... it. It doesn't matter what kind, all of it brings me back to puking into an evergreen hedge in 1977.

I can't do Tanqueray. Too sweet to me. I'd rather go Beefeater and tonic. I like Bombay, but only in a well-made Gibson martini.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 12, 2010, 09:36:49 AM
Or we should start talking about acid again.

Not while I'm at work.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 12, 2010, 10:05:54 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 12, 2010, 09:36:49 AM
Or we should start talking about acid again.

Not while I'm at work.

Every day I think gord I'm not monitored here.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 10:04:31 AM
Rum: Appleton Reserve, Mount Gay (especially if you can get some that is actually bottled in Barbados), and I agree on the Sailor Jerry.

Gin: I know Tonker likes Plymouth as do I but I prefer Tanqueray (the regular London Dry not Tanqueray 10). Bombay tastes like soap.

Vodka: Sorry SKO but you haven't lived until you've had a perfectly made Grey Goose martini. Up with just the thinnest layer of ice and blue cheese stuffed olives.

Whiskey: Can't... do... it. It doesn't matter what kind, all of it brings me back to puking into an evergreen hedge in 1977.

I can't do Tanqueray. Too sweet to me. I'd rather go Beefeater and tonic. I like Bombay, but only in a well-made Gibson martini.

I agree with Beefeater over Tanqueray. And I suppose I should say that I don't mind vodka in a well-made martini. The important thing to remember is that I'm in college, and thus most of the vodka I'm exposed to is Smirnoff or worse. Also, I curse the invention of "Jungle Juice."
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
I've never considered myself an alcoholic, but this thread is making me want a Manhattan at 10am...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 12, 2010, 10:08:29 AM

I agree with Beefeater over Tanqueray. And I suppose I should say that I don't mind vodka in a well-made martini. The important thing to remember is that I'm in college, and thus most of the vodka I'm exposed to is Smirnoff or worse. Also, I curse the invention of "Jungle Juice."

Rarely, when I get the chance to have a dinner at a nice steak house (LIKE OUTBACK), I'll almost always order a Goose on the rocks with handstuffed blue cheese olives. However, people love to tell me that Grey Goose is not even remotely considered good vodka among the experts and that I should be drinking Belvidere or what not.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best sipping vodka that you're likely to find at your nicer establishments (LIKE CHILI'S)?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »
On the shelf in my kitchen, I keep a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka (for everyday basic mixing and such) and a bottle of Belvedere.  I have the half bottle of Johnny Walker Blue left, sitting right next to the aforementioned Woodford Reserve.  A bottle of Kahlua, because I'm on a White Russian kick of late.  A bottle of Firefly.  Some overproof Jamaican rum and a bottle of Ouzo.

White Russian for lunch it is.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 10:18:02 AM
On the shelf in my kitchen, I keep a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka (for everyday basic mixing and such) and a bottle of Belvedere.  I have the half bottle of Johnny Walker Blue left, sitting right next to the aforementioned Woodford Reserve.  A bottle of Kahlua, because I'm on a White Russian kick of late.  A bottle of Firefly.  Some overproof Jamaican rum and a bottle of Ouzo.

White Russian for lunch it is.

I'm not a fan of standard vodka, but Firefly is excellent. 

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 12, 2010, 10:13:21 AM

Rarely, when I get the chance to have a dinner at a nice steak house (LIKE OUTBACK), I'll almost always order a Goose on the rocks with handstuffed blue cheese olives. However, people love to tell me that Grey Goose is not even remotely considered good vodka among the experts and that I should be drinking Belvidere or what not.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best sipping vodka that you're likely to find at your nicer establishments (LIKE CHILI'S)?

Belvedere is the best vodka, hands down.  I keep a bottle at home.

Go Poland.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: Slaky on August 12, 2010, 10:13:21 AM

Belvedere is the best vodka, hands down.  I keep a bottle at home.

Go Poland.

I don't know what the best vodka is, but I have experience with the worst:

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2010/5/19/1479465/hawkeye-vodka-the-definitive-poll
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
I'm waiting for this thread to descend into what is our favorite bum wine.  I'm a fan of Mad Dog 20/20 myself, though I have been known to hit Wild Irish Rose in a pinch.

This was all in those halcyon days when I was in school and supported myself with the Zamboni money.