News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 81,037 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 23, 2013, 04:07:04 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 23, 2013, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: Yeti on July 23, 2013, 02:08:12 PM
Quote from: morpheus on July 23, 2013, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 16, 2013, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 16, 2013, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2013, 03:00:46 PM
On that note I had a couple beers at Northdown Cafe finally and had a shot of tasty Malort.

Asked the bartender if he knew Sam and of course he did.

I thought it was Norm?

No, Chuck.

No, Chuck.

No, Chuck.

Yes, Chuck.

Wait...I mean no.

No, Chuck.

No, Chuck.

No, Chuck.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:12 AM »
We don't have a thread for cheap booze, so I'll put this here: how to get to your cheap bourbon (like there's any other kind) on over Thanksgiving.  You're welcome.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2013, 09:44:07 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 26, 2013, 06:33:12 AM
We don't have a thread for cheap booze, so I'll put this here: how to get to your cheap bourbon (like there's any other kind) on over Thanksgiving.  You're welcome.

We get it. Scotland is the only place you can find real pizza.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 26, 2013, 09:44:07 AM

If you've never had a thin-crust haggis and mars bar pizza, you haven't lived.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2013, 12:35:47 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 26, 2013, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 26, 2013, 09:44:07 AM

If you've never had a thin-crust haggis and mars bar pizza, you haven't lived.

And once you have one, you won't be alive much longer.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »
Pappy Van Winkle.  23 year old.  Or the 20 year old. Or any of it.

Maybe it's the price / hype that made me like it so much but I don't care.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 25, 2014, 10:29:53 AM
Pappy Van Winkle.  23 year old.  Or the 20 year old. Or any of it.

Maybe it's the price / hype that made me like it so much but I don't care.

Is there something you're not telling us, Oleg?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
Bump.

Unhappiness over my current job (I'm basically doing mine and my manager's job), plus the fact that I've probably got either a torn tendon or ligament in my right arm has brought me back into the world of distilled spirits.

I finished off some Glenlivet that I had in my cabinet, and I picked up a bottle of anCnoc 12 ($40 at Binny's). Which brings me to a question...

I enjoy this now, it has some citrusy notes on the finish that makes it a nice summertime dram. I'll probably switch over to some of the peatier stuff in the winter.

Does anybody else switch boozes based on season?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 13, 2015, 09:42:50 AM
Bump.

Unhappiness over my current job (I'm basically doing mine and my manager's job), plus the fact that I've probably got either a torn tendon or ligament in my right arm has brought me back into the world of distilled spirits.

I finished off some Glenlivet that I had in my cabinet, and I picked up a bottle of anCnoc 12 ($40 at Binny's). Which brings me to a question...

I enjoy this now, it has some citrusy notes on the finish that makes it a nice summertime dram. I'll probably switch over to some of the peatier stuff in the winter.

I usually only drink stout/porter when the weather demands long sleeves, but I don't think that's uncommon.

I only drink lager when it's 90+ degrees and I'm outside.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
Bump.

I'm not real strict about it but during the spring/summer I tend to drink more scotch and Irish whisky and in the fall/winter I move to bourbon.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »
Bump.

Just don't drink like a common Cardinal.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 01:08:05 PM
Bump.

I'm not real strict about it but during the spring/summer I tend to drink more scotch and Irish whisky and in the fall/winter I move to bourbon.

Yeah, I don't have hard fast rules, but I tend to drink more stouts and scotches when it's cold, and more lagers, pale ales, and tequilas when it's warm.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 13, 2015, 05:38:54 PM
Bump.

Yeah, I don't have hard fast rules, but I tend to drink more stouts and scotches when it's cold, and more lagers, pale ales, and tequilas when it's warm.

Stouts in the winter. That's about my only seasonal drinking thing. I drink iced coffee year round so I don't know what kind of monster I am.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2015, 03:09:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2015, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 13, 2015, 05:38:54 PM
Bump.

Stouts in the winter. That's about my only seasonal drinking thing. I drink iced coffee year round so I don't know what kind of monster I am.

Yeah, but don't most stouts get released during cold weather months? Like, how hard is it to find any Ten Fidy in July?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
Bump.

More Bourbon and Whiskey in the winter, more gin and rum in the summer
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.