News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 80,834 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
I have a fifth of Jack Daniels.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 12, 2010, 10:32:23 AM
I'm waiting for this thread to descend into what is our favorite bum wine.  I'm a fan of Mad Dog 20/20 myself, though I have been known to hit Wild Irish Rose in a pinch.

This was all in those halcyon days when I was in school and supported myself with the Zamboni money.

Wild I
Mad Dog
Night Train
T.J. Swan
Boone's Farm
Maneschewitz Concord Grape
T-Bird
HMS Frost

Saw the ads on Soul Train, drank/loved them all.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2010, 10:35:41 AM
I'm waiting for this thread to descend into what is our favorite bum wine.  I'm a fan of Mad Dog 20/20 myself, though I have been known to hit Wild Irish Rose in a pinch.

This was all in those halcyon days when I was in school and supported myself with the Zamboni money.

Wild I
Mad Dog
Night Train
T.J. Swan
Boone's Farm
T-Bird
HMS Frost

What, no Cisco?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
The liquor cabinet currently consists of Sailor Jerry, Jameson, Jim Beam, Red Stag (a black cherry bourbon made by the Jim Beam company, really good for whiskey sours), and Captain Morgan and Smirnoff when I have friends that I don't want to share the good stuff with. I also have a bottle of Paddy's Irish Whiskey in there. It's only been available in the US for a few years but it's made by the same company as Jameson and is the smoothest Irish Whiskey I've ever had. I don't like it as much as Jameson because I like a little bit of a kick, but it's a great whiskey to have on the rocks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »
Booker's is fantastic.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
I also keep a bottle of Buffalo Trace in my office.  It's better than your average bourbon and isn't prohibitively expensive.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1031933&cid=TPV-Googlebase
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 10:37:59 AM

Wild I
Mad Dog
Night Train
T.J. Swan
Boone's Farm
T-Bird
HMS Frost

What, no Cisco?

Cisco, aka Liquid Crack, was a little after my time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 12, 2010, 10:46:15 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2010, 10:37:59 AM

Wild I
Mad Dog
Night Train
T.J. Swan
Boone's Farm
T-Bird
HMS Frost

What, no Cisco?

Cisco, aka Liquid Crack, was a little after my time.

It's never too late.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
Jameson.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 12, 2010, 10:51:39 AM
Jameson.

You do this to yourself you know.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55:33 AM »

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 12, 2010, 10:54:02 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on August 12, 2010, 09:27:12 AM

I'm very down on this bourbon.  Compared to Maker's Mark, it is most assuredly better.  But there is a certain ambit of taste that it cannot escape.  There are better alternatives for your money.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »
Tequila:  Makes me violent and gives me the shakes.  I only drink it in margaritas to keep the beast calm; figure I can't act like a moron if I'm drinking something red or lime green.  PS:  I prefer frozen strawberry, sailor.  

Gin:  Who drinks this shit?  Can't stand it, but I'll keep trying.

Vodka:  White Russians... that's about it.  Or mixed drinks...  Pretty much the only way a dude can look cool drinking Vodka is if he's 1) Russian 2) it's in a White Russian or 3) drinking it straight or downing shots with a Russian.  

Whiskey:  Jack and Coke.  Heavy on the Jack.  Whiskey has pretty much ruined my life.  I love it.  It's all I have left.  Irish (recommend Redbreast and would loooove to try a bottle of Green Spot one day...), Scotch (12 year McCallan I love; Johnny Walker Red accounted for my last case of walking death) and of course... Kentucky Straight Motherfuckin' Bourbon...  Wathens, Knob Creek, Bulleit, Makers, WOODFORD (totally worth the bail money), Jim Beam...  I love mine straight, no homo, and at most a drop or three of water.  Neat all the way.  I'm not opposed to mixing, just do it right... Well done mint juleps with Woodford will rape your face after a long day of barbecues, horse races and cousin/sister banging.

Pisco:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco

Many varieties to be enjoyed in different ways, great for cooking and drinking (my parents watch a show produced in Peru that shows a different way to use it every week for meals and drinks), and traditionally used in the great Pisco Sour.  Don't bother making it in the states with our typical big, dumb lemons; they SUCK.  Peru has little green lemons; you need to get those (I can't drink lemonade here; only in Peru).  New drinks include the Pisco Maracuya (that's passion fruit to you gringos).  

Hi, my name is powen01, and I'm an alcoholic.