Desipio Message Board
September 19, 2017, 10:39:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fine Liquor  (Read 39270 times)
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »

Who likes free Scotch?

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »

DPD.

Costco was kind enough to have bottles of 2013 Lagavulin Distiller's Edition today for $60.

It's all I can do to not just drink a Big Gulp's worth of it, it's so fucking good.

The peat's really smoothed out, and the usual iodine notes are nonexistent.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a little smoke to it, but this is what I'd expect to be served to me as I sat in the leather wingchair next to Gord himself.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »

TPD.

A good friend offered me two different bourbons this weekend - FEW Spirits Bourbon, which was OK. But then he offered me one from Florida, of all places...

St. Augustine's port-finished bourbon. I highly recommend grabbing a bottle when given the chance.

TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2017, 11:35:15 AM »

TPD.

A good friend offered me two different bourbons this weekend - FEW Spirits Bourbon, which was OK. But then he offered me one from Florida, of all places...

St. Augustine's port-finished bourbon. I highly recommend grabbing a bottle when given the chance.

I've been working my way through Bulleit and Woodford Reserve, both bourbons and ryes. But I've also had a chance to sample Chicago's own, Koval.  http://www.koval-distillery.com/newsite/

Might go on a local tour.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
  Print  

Jump to: