News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Halo Reach  ( 6,216 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Halo Reach
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 14, 2010, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: Yeti on September 14, 2010, 10:56:11 AM
Fuck it. I'm buying tonight. Kerm, if you got it tonight and want to do MP, let me know.

Cool.  I'll definitely be on later.  I'm heading out to run some errands in a few minutes, and then I'm picking it up.

NERDZ
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
$20 gift card at Best Buy with purchase. Not sure if that is just today or all week

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 08:26:17 AM »
So, Reach. If you liked the gameplay of Halo 1-3, then you'll like this. Very similar. One improvement is perks that you can swap out. They're all short-lived items, such as sprinting, jet pack, hologram (send a decoy out to distract the enemy), active camo (invisibility), and armor lock (can't take damage for a few seconds to recharge your shield). One thing that is somewhat queer is that you can't switch your grenades. The story is pretty good. I'm not one to usually care about them, but I watched all the cutscenes in this one. There is a pretty cool mission where you're flying a ship in space and have to defend another ship. That was pretty fun.

The multiplayer is really good. They have firefight back. My main complaint when they had it on ODST is that there was no matchmaking for that. They have fixed that as well as added new things to it. First off, you can customize a game to just about any settings you want (you can't matchmake a custom game). Also, they have new modes, firefight, Defense (defend 3 objectives. I didn't like it the one time I played it), sniperfight (you're given a sniper and pistol. All weapons have unlimited ammo. This is an awesome mode), and rocketfight (basically same as sniperfight).

The regular competitive MP is really good. They usually give the players three options of games to vote on (or none of the above). Depending on the gametype you're playing, there are different loadouts that you can select from. My only complaint is that there are 13 maps, 4 of which are basically recycled old maps. Beyond that, it's awesome.

The game itself is pretty great. CoD MP has usually dominated my time but I can see myself splitting time even after I buy Black Ops.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:59 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 17, 2010, 08:26:17 AM

The game itself is pretty great. CoD MP has usually dominated my time but I can see myself splitting time even after I buy Black Ops.

Sure.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on September 17, 2010, 10:07:59 AM

Sure.

Yea, I know. Especially since I'll be buying it for the PS3 and we're going to ghey it up. One thing I can't do on CoD that I did on Halo last night (and it was pretty awesome to get it, especially since I got an acheivement) is a Killionaire, which is 10 kills within a few seconds of each other. The artillery strike was awesome.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 17, 2010, 10:42:39 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on September 17, 2010, 10:07:59 AM

Sure.

Yea, I know. Especially since I'll be buying it for the PS3 and we're going to ghey it up. One thing I can't do on CoD that I did on Halo last night (and it was pretty awesome to get it, especially since I got an acheivement) is a Killionaire, which is 10 kills within a few seconds of each other. The artillery strike was awesome.

Did I tell you that I finally got a nuke?  It took me forever but I finally got one a little while back with the M4A1 and a Harrier and Pavelow.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
So, Reach. If you liked the gameplay of Halo 1-3, then you'll like this. Very similar. One improvement is perks that you can swap out. They're all short-lived items, such as sprinting, jet pack, hologram (send a decoy out to distract the enemy), active camo (invisibility), and armor lock (can't take damage for a few seconds to recharge your shield). One thing that is somewhat queer is that you can't switch your grenades. The story is pretty good. I'm not one to usually care about them, but I watched all the cutscenes in this one. There is a pretty cool mission where you're flying a ship in space and have to defend another ship. That was pretty fun.

The multiplayer is really good. They have firefight back. My main complaint when they had it on ODST is that there was no matchmaking for that. They have fixed that as well as added new things to it. First off, you can customize a game to just about any settings you want (you can't matchmake a custom game). Also, they have new modes, firefight, Defense (defend 3 objectives. I didn't like it the one time I played it), sniperfight (you're given a sniper and pistol. All weapons have unlimited ammo. This is an awesome mode), and rocketfight (basically same as sniperfight).

The regular competitive MP is really good. They usually give the players three options of games to vote on (or none of the above). Depending on the gametype you're playing, there are different loadouts that you can select from. My only complaint is that there are 13 maps, 4 of which are basically recycled old maps. Beyond that, it's awesome.

You can switch grenades.  I'm pretty sure it's the B button.

Do you know how to use the wannabe Hammer of Dawn weapon?  I was using it during Firefight, and after the first time I got it working, I couldn't get it to fire again.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 17, 2010, 12:12:55 PM

Do you know how to use the wannabe Hammer of Dawn weapon?  I was using it during Firefight, and after the first time I got it working, I couldn't get it to fire again.

Yea. That's that artillery thing that gave me the Killionaire. It needs time to reload (or whatever you want to call it, regenerate?). There is an indicator on it saying it's regenerating. It takes a good 10-15 seconds before you can use it again. And it's only good for 2 shots. After that, the screen greys and there will be an "X" on it.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 17, 2010, 01:00:34 PM

Yea. That's that artillery thing that gave me the Killionaire. It needs time to reload (or whatever you want to call it, regenerate?). There is an indicator on it saying it's regenerating. It takes a good 10-15 seconds before you can use it again. And it's only good for 2 shots. After that, the screen greys and there will be an "X" on it.

A ha!  The two shots thing makes sense.  That explains why I couldn't get it to fire again.  Thanks.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 17, 2010, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: Yeti on September 17, 2010, 01:00:34 PM

A ha!  The two shots thing makes sense.  That explains why I couldn't get it to fire again.  Thanks.

Yea, no problem. Let's ghey it up Sunday. I just ranked up above Sergeant Grade II last night. Those daily challenges are beneficial.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »
I like the new single shot BR. But I still haven't gotten use to the frag grenades. They don't really bounce and roll as they did in Halo 2/3, so I'm always leaving them short.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 17, 2010, 01:53:02 PM
I like the new single shot BR. But I still haven't gotten use to the frag grenades. They don't really bounce and roll as they did in Halo 2/3, so I'm always leaving them short.

I do prefer it to the previous BR. I always struggled in Team BRs. Now, I can hold my own with this one. I also did get better at single shot rifles while using the FAL on CoD. I've noticed that with the frags. I thought it was just me at first. The plasmas even bounce a little now, which I like.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 17, 2010, 01:53:02 PM

Me too.  I can actually hit stuff with it.  I totally agree about the grenades.  It seems like they don't fly as far.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
I finished the campaign last night.  Pretty decent ending, in my opinion.  I played it on Heroic, and good lord there were some frustrating moments.  One thing I never really liked about the Halo series was the damn ammo management.  I never feel like I have enough of it, and I don't like using the Covenant weapons.  I was down to my last few bullets at the end, so I can't imagine trying to finish it on Legendary.

On to multiplayer, I suppose.