News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Terriers  ( 8,122 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Terriers
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:49 PM »
Looks like they're going to war. I positive the hell out of this show. Remember how slow it started out? And how we said we still liked it and we'd keep going because we liked the characters? And now it's a war. Winnar = us.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »
This show is pretty fucking great.

I've meant to say that after every episode.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 27, 2010, 01:49:41 PM
This show is pretty fucking great.

I've meant to say that after every episode.

I don't know what that avatar is but I want it.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 27, 2010, 01:07:49 PM
Looks like they're going to war. I positive the hell out of this show. Remember how slow it started out? And how we said we still liked it and we'd keep going because we liked the characters? And now it's a war. Winnar = us.

Definitely.  I was starting to wonder if this who would stay sort of light and breezy, like the theme song, or get a little gritty. 

It's gritty, y'all...DANG!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
  Even though there was a litle teaser at the end, you know what the decision was.  It ended well.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
There are some holes in the story, very minor and not worth mentioning. But one thing I don't understand: Why did Jason go to the liquor store? Was he trying to protect Laura and the source? Unarmed? I don't see why he put himself in harm's way there. Anybody catch something I missed?

Anyway, I love this show and can't wait for the next season when they go after that rich old Yeti.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2010, 09:04:18 AM
There are some holes in the story, very minor and not worth mentioning. But one thing I don't understand: Why did Jason go to the liquor store? Was he trying to protect Laura and the source? Unarmed? I don't see why he put himself in harm's way there. Anybody catch something I missed?

I had to rewatch that episode to catch it: he gave Laura a ride there.

Hank had been driving her around in his truck all day, but he and Britt drove off in it to scare Laura's source away from the original meeting place, telling Laura and Jason to stay at his place to try to get in contact with her themselves.

As they walk up to the liquor store Hank says, "that's Jason's car."

Anyway, I love this show and can't wait for the next season when they go after that rich old Yeti.

If there's a next season.

Apparently ratings have sucked, so we're left holding our breath until FX makes a decision.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 02, 2010, 12:44:09 PM

Hank had been driving her around in his truck all day, but he and Britt drove off in it to scare Laura's source away from the original meeting place, telling Laura and Jason to stay at his place to try to get in contact with her themselves.

Apparently ratings have sucked, so we're left holding our breath until FX makes a decision.

Ok. Got it. This show has to come back. Or I'll cry.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2010, 01:03:53 PM

Start crying: http://www.avclub.com/articles/fx-cancels-terriers,48637/
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 06, 2010, 06:17:48 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2010, 01:03:53 PM

Start crying: http://www.avclub.com/articles/fx-cancels-terriers,48637/

Motherfucker.

Via a link at a link from that link...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/it-wasnt-the-marketing-fx-chief-john-landgraf-explains-why-terriers-was-canceled/

QuoteA lot had been said about the marketing campaign for the show, with some complaining that the billboards featuring the gnarling dog may have been misleading and thus responsible for the buddy detective show's low-rated launch. Landgraf said that those billboards were only used in Los Angeles and New York, and, 3 weeks into the series' run, he ordered a study with 600 people who had not seen the show that examined the effectiveness of Terriers' TV promos that had dominated the series' marketing campaign. The testing showed that the promos "represented the show extremely well and explained very well what it was about," Landgraf said. "From my standpoint, the marketing department of FX has taken a little bit  of unfair knocks for the lack of performance of the show. I don't think there is anybody to blame. It's hard to explain why people didn't watch."

I think it's pretty fair to put at least some of the blame on the marketing.

Even after seeing numerous ads featuring a dog running along the beach or some shit, I had no clue what the show was gonna be about before watching the first episode.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 09:40:05 PM »
Fuck everyone who didn't watch. Fuck them and their tiny maggot brains that love "NCSI Whateverthefuck" and whatever horse crap TDubbs watches.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 08:49:08 PM »
If it had to go out, it went out with an awesome ending. Tied everything up but left you wanting more.

Got me thinking, has there been a better show cancelled after one season? Only one I could think of offhand was Freaks & Geeks.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 10, 2010, 08:49:08 PM
If it had to go out, it went out with an awesome ending. Tied everything up but left you wanting more.

Got me thinking, has there been a better show cancelled after one season? Only one I could think of offhand was Freaks & Geeks.

Cop Rock.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 10, 2010, 08:49:08 PM

I liked Undeclared better than Freaks & Geeks.