News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chick-fil-a  ( 17,880 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chick-fil-a
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 05, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 05, 2010, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 05, 2010, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 05, 2010, 03:09:42 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 05, 2010, 03:07:07 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 05, 2010, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 05, 2010, 02:37:58 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 04, 2010, 03:16:59 PM
Does Chick-fil-a serve nuggets?

Yeah, about that...http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

So the only inaccuracies are the thing about ammonia and the claim that that paste includes the bone-y bits?

DEBUNKED.

That and the offhand comment that McNuggets aren't even made with MSPs.

Since 2003.

As a bonus, I now understand why any company would bother to brag about "all white meat" anything.

Translation: "all not that meat."

I was just trying to point out that the article in question was not entirely accurate.

For the record, mechanically separated meat beef has been banned in the US since 1996.

Mad cow'd

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Hot_Dogs/index.asp

QuoteMechanically Separated Meat (MSM)

Mechanically separated meat is a paste-like and batter-like meat product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible meat, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

In 1982, a final rule published by FSIS on mechanically separated meat said it was safe and established a standard of identity for the food product. Some restrictions were made on how much can be used and the type of products in which it can be used. These restrictions were based on concerns for limited intake of certain components in MSM, like calcium. Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food. It is not permitted in hot dogs or any other processed product. Mechanically separated pork is permitted and must be labeled as "mechanically separated pork" in the ingredients statement. Hot dogs can contain no more than 20% mechanically separated pork.

Mechanically Separated Poultry (MSP)

Mechanically separated poultry is a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Mechanically separated poultry has been used in poultry products since the late 1960's. In 1995, a final rule on mechanically separated poultry said it was safe and could be used without restrictions. However, it must be labeled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey" in the product's ingredients statement. The final rule became effective November 4, 1996. Hot dogs can contain any amount of mechanically separated chicken or turkey.

I need to get up to date on my beef law.

(||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

I thought that was ice cream. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on October 05, 2010, 08:52:46 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 05, 2010, 01:53:35 PM
I'm just posting in here because I'm sure it pisses PenFoe off.

I JUST SAID I LIKE CHIK-FIL-A YOU STUPID STUPID.

I just don't like pre-sweetened tea.

Wouldn't it be the post-sweetened tea that you dislike?

I dislike tea that is sweetened prior to its arrival on my table.

I prefer to self-sweeten.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 11:49:20 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 11:46:43 AM
Quote from: Night Man on October 05, 2010, 08:52:46 PM
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 05, 2010, 01:53:35 PM
I'm just posting in here because I'm sure it pisses PenFoe off.

I JUST SAID I LIKE CHIK-FIL-A YOU STUPID STUPID.

I just don't like pre-sweetened tea.

Wouldn't it be the post-sweetened tea that you dislike?

I dislike tea that is sweetened prior to its arrival on my table.

I prefer to self-sweeten.

Because you're a slave to Big Agave.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »
Just had a spicy chicken snadwich from this place.  The chicken is outstanding; however, be careful with your sauce choice.  I had a honey BBQ sauce that was just weird.  Also, the pickle on the sandwich didn't do it for me and I generally like pickles.

The fries are those criss-cross variety.  Not nearly as awful as the In-N-Out ones.

I gotta say, I was really surprised by how good the actual chicken was.  I have no idea what the secret ingredient was, but I wouldn't doubt if they fried the stuff in peanut oil or something really delicious and fatty.

I totally forgot to get the sweet tea...oh well.

So, about 7 minutes from our AZ office is a mall with an In-N-Out, a Chick-Fil-a, and a Sonic.  I think Sonic will be on the schedule tomorrow.

Also, for Pen...

Quote from: Yeti on October 06, 2010, 11:42:56 AM

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
DPD...

I forgot...they're closed on Sundays because the founder is some sort of Jesus freak.  The Jesus freak thing is a guess, but I'm guessing it's accurate.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 10, 2010, 02:21:34 PM
DPD...

I forgot...they're closed on Sundays because the founder is some sort of Jesus freak.  The Jesus freak thing is a guess, but I'm guessing it's accurate.

Yeah, that is true.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 10, 2010, 02:23:11 PM
DPD...

Yeah, that is true.

If there's a God, I'll get food poisoning.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 03:17:25 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 10, 2010, 02:17:38 PM
Just had a spicy chicken snadwich from this place.  The chicken is outstanding; however, be careful with your sauce choice.  I had a honey BBQ sauce that was just weird.  Also, the pickle on the sandwich didn't do it for me and I generally like pickles.

The fries are those criss-cross variety.  Not nearly as awful as the In-N-Out ones.

I gotta say, I was really surprised by how good the actual chicken was.  I have no idea what the secret ingredient was, but I wouldn't doubt if they fried the stuff in peanut oil or something really delicious and fatty.

So, about 7 minutes from our AZ office is a mall with an In-N-Out, a Chick-Fil-a, and a Sonic.  I think Sonic will be on the schedule tomorrow.

Also, for Pen...

You hate your heart, don't you?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 03:17:25 PM

Also, for Pen...

Aren't you the guy who willingly ate a Double Down from KFC?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »

Are you sure you're not hanging out with Pen?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2010, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 03:17:25 PM

Also, for Pen...

Aren't you the guy who willingly ate a Double Down from KFC?

Yeah, but I'm eating mostly veggies these days.  You happy, DAD?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
DPD...

Yeah, that is true.

Chick-fil-A to bring chicken sandwiches, anti-gay track record to Minneapolis.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 15, 2011, 09:47:20 PM
DPD...

Yeah, that is true.

Chick-fil-A to bring chicken sandwiches, anti-gay track record to Minneapolis.

Well, my lunch tastes worse in hindsight.