News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 22-year-old Man Attempts to Finish What Apex Started  ( 6,054 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 22-year-old Man Attempts to Finish What Apex Started
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 20, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
A 22-year-old Lebanese Man has been arrested for trying to bomb Slugger's and the surrounding area Saturday night/Sunday morning. Slugger's, of course, was the site of Apex v. Steve Garvey's portrait.

I'm sure people won't irrationally bloviate over this.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
A 22-year-old Lebanese Man has been arrested for trying to bomb Slugger's and the surrounding area Saturday night/Sunday morning. Slugger's, of course, was the site of Apex v. Steve Garvey's portrait.

I was there a couple of days afterword.  They took out the glass from the picture.  I was tempted to swipe it, but I figured it would be a bad idea to get tossed in jail while I was on mid-tour leave.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 05:22:32 PM

Also, Weebs?

Alas, no.

"Sami Samir Hassoun, 22, of the 4700 block of North Kedzie Avenue, was arrested as he placed a backpack containing what he thought were high-explosives in a trash can in front of Sluggers on Clark Street, about a block south of Wrigley Field, according to the FBI."

But the G men came close: "'He was acting alone,' said Robert Grant, head of the FBI's office in Chicago. 'He was not, I would say, highly skilled but definitely desirous of finding the material he needed to carry out his attack.'"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

Also, Weebs?

Alas, no.

"Sami Samir Hassoun, 22, of the 4700 block of North Kedzie Avenue, was arrested as he placed a backpack containing what he thought were high-explosives in a trash can in front of Sluggers on Clark Street, about a block south of Wrigley Field, according to the FBI."

But the G men came close: "'He was acting alone,' said Robert Grant, head of the FBI's office in Chicago. 'He was not, I would say, highly skilled but definitely desirous of finding the material he needed to carry out his attack.'"

The description "highly skilled" was the tipoff it wasn't Weebs?

The guy's motivation was to expose how unsecure the city was and force Daley's ouster. According to the complaint the planning started in the spring. He apparently wasn't keen on killing too many people, but then decided some casualties would be necessary to show how ineffective Daley is.

But, wouldn't you abort once you heard the news Daley was not running for re-election?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 20, 2010, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

Also, Weebs?

Alas, no.

The description "highly skilled" was the tipoff it wasn't Weebs?

The guy's motivation was to expose how unsecure the city was and force Daley's ouster. According to the complaint the planning started in the spring. He apparently wasn't keen on killing too many people, but then decided some casualties would be necessary to show how ineffective Daley is.

But, wouldn't you abort once you heard the news Daley was not running for re-election?

Ah ah ah, the quote was "not...highly skilled."  So, no, that was not the tip off, but the guy's name was.

And like I just said to TEC in the SBox, I take solace in the fact that some of the world's dumbest criminals live in the United States of America.

ISA!  ISA!  ISA!

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
This is truly horrifying considering that the streets of Wrigleyville were filled with thousands of Dave Matthews Band fans on Saturday night - which means that the neighborhood was even whiter than your typical Cubs/Brewers tilt.  Oh the humanity.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
Fucking Cardinal fans.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
Too bad the stadium didn't get blowed up

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »
The comments are especially awesome.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
Quotejohn on September 20, 2010 8:56 PM
Good job FBI.
We'll miss you when your department is disbanded under President Palin's small government initiative.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 09:39:49 PM
Good job FBI.
We'll miss you when your department is disbanded under President Palin's small government initiative.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

That's good; I missed that.  I was actually referring to the non-irreverent, fire-breathing comments, though, like this one:

QuoteOnce he is free seems like the smartest thing would be to send him back to Lebanese. But that would be the most sensible thing to do so that won't work!

What would people from Lebanese be called?  Lebanesians?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 20, 2010, 10:07:09 PM
Good job FBI.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

That's good; I missed that.  I was actually referring to the non-irreverent, fire-breathing comments, though, like this one:

QuoteOnce he is free seems like the smartest thing would be to send him back to Lebanese. But that would be the most sensible thing to do so that won't work!

What would people from Lebanese be called?  Lebanesians?

My landlord's parents actually grew up in Lebanesia. They used to call Bierutville "The Pariston of the Middle Easterberg."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 09:27:40 AM »
Good job FBI.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Why does everyone hate Sarah Palin so much?  She's a bit of a goober, sure, but she's harmless.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"