News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Free Darko's look at Hakeem Ruining Everything for Knicks Fans  ( 23,227 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Free Darko's look at Hakeem Ruining Everything for Knicks Fans
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2010/10/truth-crushed-to-earth-is-truth-still.html

Thought Apex, among others, might really enjoy this read. Generally very, very well written stuff by these folks.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Free Darko's look at Hakeem Ruining Everything for Knicks Fans
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:36:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 06, 2010, 10:28:37 AM
http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2010/10/truth-crushed-to-earth-is-truth-still.html

Thought Apex, among others, might really enjoy this read. Generally very, very well written stuff by these folks.

Gee, thanks.

It was well-written.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:46:33 AM »

The thing that always drove us nuts about Ewing was that it seemed like regardless of the opponent or circumstances, he'd get 25 points and 12 boards.

The Knick who always seemed to nut up when there was money on the table was from the previous generation - Bernard King.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 06, 2010, 11:46:33 AM

The thing that always drove us nuts about Ewing was that it seemed like regardless of the opponent or circumstances, he'd get 25 points and 12 boards.

The Knick who always seemed to nut up when there was money on the table was from the previous generation - Bernard King.

25 points and 12 boards is really good.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 11:47:27 AM

I didn't say it wasn't. We just could never remember him really elevating his game.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 06, 2010, 11:48:32 AM

I didn't say it wasn't. We just could never remember him really elevating his game.

So, to be clear... Ewing being really good all the time, regardless of the opponent or physical ailment drove New Forkers nuts. If he'd only taken a few games off here and there like most players and then elevated in the playoffs, he'd have gained their admiration like the great Champion Bernard King. A different species of Meathead those New Yorkers.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 06, 2010, 11:55:28 AM

So, to be clear... Ewing being really good all the time, regardless of the opponent drove New Forkers nuts. If he'd only taken a few games off here and there like most players and then elevated in the playoffs, he'd have gained their admiration like the great Champion Bernard King. A different species of Meathead those New Yorkers.

Congrats on your lifetime association with these clowns.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 11:57:08 AM »
Unfuckingbelievable.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

So, to be clear... Ewing being really good all the time, regardless of the opponent or physical ailment drove New Forkers nuts. If he'd only taken a few games off here and there like most players and then elevated in the playoffs, he'd have gained their admiration like the great Champion Bernard King. A different species of Meathead those New Yorkers.

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking at all.  Ewing's career numbers are only a tick worse in the playoffs than the regular season, which is actually impressive given that the playoffs generally have, you know, better teams.  If Ewing had scored 13 points against Kevin Duckworth and 40 against David Robinson, I wouldn't be impressed that he had "elevated" his game; I'd want to know what the hell he was doing against Kevin Duckworth.

And damn Fork for making me defend Patrick Ewing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:15:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2010, 12:09:19 PM

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking at all.  Ewing's career numbers are only a tick worse in the playoffs than the regular season, which is actually impressive given that the playoffs generally have, you know, better teams.  If Ewing had scored 13 points against Kevin Duckworth and 40 against David Robinson, I wouldn't be impressed that he had "elevated" his game; I'd want to know what the hell he was doing against Kevin Duckworth.

Up next: People who thought Ewing was the ugliest player in the NBA.
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »
TIME TO POST!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 06, 2010, 12:15:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2010, 12:09:19 PM

Up next: People who thought Ewing was the ugliest player in the NBA.

Dennis Johnson just raised his eyebrows at that.

See?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 07:53:30 AM »
And Popeye Jones just shat out his own face. I'll spare you the pic.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 14, 2010, 07:53:30 AM
And Popeye Jones just shat out his own face. I'll spare you the pic.

You shut yer mouth about Popeye Jones.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »
Not to turn this thread into a constant barrage of random names, but Calvin Booth would like to speak with you.