News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Motion Systems better than the Wii  ( 3,428 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Motion Systems better than the Wii
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
PS Move and Natal. Anyone getting these? A buddy of mine just got the Move tonight and we were playing it a bit. I do have concerns that it will be like the Wii and lose it's fun over time but with some integration into more complex games it could be fun for a while. For example, you can use two of the Move remotes at one time. It makes games with swords a little entertaining.

Natal has yet to come out but it's on my agenda to get in november. I have a feeling it will be a little more entertaining than the Move. Plus, with the Natal coming out, that means the new Xbox Live update is out which will, from what I heard, include hulu.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Motion Systems better than the Wii
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 09, 2010, 12:35:20 AM
PS Move and Natal. Anyone getting these? A buddy of mine just got the Move tonight and we were playing it a bit. I do have concerns that it will be like the Wii and lose it's fun over time but with some integration into more complex games it could be fun for a while. For example, you can use two of the Move remotes at one time. It makes games with swords a little entertaining.

Natal has yet to come out but it's on my agenda to get in november. I have a feeling it will be a little more entertaining than the Move. Plus, with the Natal coming out, that means the new Xbox Live update is out which will, from what I heard, include hulu.

Real life.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:35 AM »

There's no way I'm getting these.  I already look like a Warren from There's Something About Mary when I'm wearing those Turtle Beach headsets.  I think these things are gimmicks.  Not interested in the least.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 11, 2010, 09:01:35 AM

There's no way I'm getting these.  I already look like a Warren from There's Something About Mary when I'm wearing those Turtle Beach headsets.  I think these things are gimmicks.  Not interested in the least.

Same here.  I think it was Slak who said if he wanted to be flailing around and moving, he wouldn't be sitting on his ass playing video games.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on October 12, 2010, 10:09:24 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 11, 2010, 09:01:35 AM

Same here.  I think it was Slak who said if he wanted to be flailing around and moving, he wouldn't be sitting on his ass playing video games.

Yea. That's a fair point. It's a slightly nice variation, though. I would have to say that's my main argument for it. I suckered into buying the Wii and got bored with it over time. I'm sure when I buy Natal (Kinect) it will be mostly unused within 3 months.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »
The only way I would play this is if they would make an M4 controller.  Let me have a damn fake gun to shoot.  I'll pay $100 for it or whatever.  But, I don't want to play frisbee golf with a magic wand.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 12, 2010, 10:40:38 AM
The only way I would play this is if they would make an M4 controller.  Let me have a damn fake gun to shoot.  I'll pay $100 for it or whatever.  But, I don't want to play frisbee golf with a magic wand.

The frisbee golf was surprisingly entertaining. Also, another thing to these is that they provide a nice group thing to do. Like Rock Band, this is something that can be fun in a group. Have some people over, drink some beer, and screw around with it. It allows people who don't play video games to get into it. And since we're young, stupid, and losers (downstate IL) this is good for us.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 12, 2010, 10:55:02 AM
The frisbee golf was surprisingly entertaining. Also, another thing to these is that they provide a nice group thing to do. Like Rock Band, this is something that can be fun in a group. Have some people over, drink some beer, and screw around with it. It allows people who don't play video games to get into it. And since we're young, stupid, and losers (downstate IL) this is good for us.

I've seen the Rock Band part of it and that involves a drum set thing and some guitars.  It was awesome.  But, that's not the same as a Move or Kinect is it?  I seriously would play MW2 or Black Ops with an M4 controller.  That would probably make me very single, too.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 11:27:48 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 12, 2010, 11:17:52 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 12, 2010, 10:55:02 AM

I've seen the Rock Band part of it and that involves a drum set thing and some guitars.  It was awesome.  But, that's not the same as a Move or Kinect is it?  I seriously would play MW2 or Black Ops with an M4 controller.  That would probably make me very single, too.

You mean EIAN would appreciate you diving all over the den throwing fake frags, getting cover behind the couch, and then dropping a grenade as you died?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 11:34:35 AM »
You mean EIAN would appreciate you diving all over the den throwing fake frags, getting cover behind the couch, and then dropping a grenade as you died?

Well, I do that now.  It would be more awesome if I had a gun and some digicamo BDUs.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 12, 2010, 11:34:35 AM

Well, I do that now.  It would be more awesome if I had a gun and some digicamo BDUs.

CIAN would look great in a ghillie suit as cover fire

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 12, 2010, 11:35:27 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 12, 2010, 11:34:35 AM

CIAN would look great in a ghillie suit as cover fire

Okay, that made me LOL.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:59 AM »
I finally got a chance to play the Kinect.  I don't know if it'll end up being a bunch of gimmicky mini-games like the Wii has, but damn the technology is cool.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 03, 2011, 08:56:59 AM
I finally got a chance to play the Kinect.  I don't know if it'll end up being a bunch of gimmicky mini-games like the Wii has, but damn the technology is cool.

You can do some pretty cool stuff with the Kinect. 

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709088/kinects-minority-report-interface.html
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.