News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread  ( 51,166 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
Me continuing to be a Purdue fan doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2011, 10:39:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 29, 2011, 10:03:48 AM
What TJ Brown said, basically. A move to Missouri doesn't make any sense. But using them to get a raise from Purdue makes perfect sense. Purdue issued a statement today saying they're making Painter an offer to stay.

Some interesting speculation and reasoning here:

http://www.jconline.com/article/20110329/COLUMNISTS11/103290336/Missouri-job-leaves-lot-desired

While I do not understand Lafayette's newspaper convention of changing font sizes for no apparent reason, the column was logical.

The main thing is Cuonzo Martin would have held out fort the Purdue jorb, unless, of course, he knows Purdue would never hire him because they have never had a black men's basketball coach before nor a coach named Cuonzo.

Seriously, this drama will be over next week, Painter will be made coach for life, especially when they rededicate the arena Apex never has set foot in as "Painter Hardwood on Keady Court at Mackey Arena, sponsored by Roundup PesticideTM.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 29, 2011, 10:39:07 AM
What TJ Brown said, basically. A move to Missouri doesn't make any sense. But using them to get a raise from Purdue makes perfect sense. Purdue issued a statement today saying they're making Painter an offer to stay.

Some interesting speculation and reasoning here:

http://www.jconline.com/article/20110329/COLUMNISTS11/103290336/Missouri-job-leaves-lot-desired

While I do not understand Lafayette's newspaper convention of changing font sizes for no apparent reason, the column was logical.

The main thing is Cuonzo Martin would have held out fort the Purdue jorb, unless, of course, he knows Purdue would never hire him because they have never had a black men's basketball coach before nor a coach named Cuonzo.

Seriously, this drama will be over next week, Painter will be made coach for life, especially when they rededicate the arena Apex never has set foot in as "Painter Hardwood on Keady Court at Mackey Arena, sponsored by Roundup PesticideTM.

Forget it, Teej. It's Gannet Town. My sister used to be the women's coach at Purdue.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
What TJ Brown said, basically. A move to Missouri doesn't make any sense.

He could avoid the Butler Juggernaut by heading to another state.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
Could you please stop talking about this and move on to the more productive topic of SPORTS?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2011, 11:26:53 AM
Look for Matt Painter at Busch Stadium tomorrow, per the inimitable Bernie Miklasz.

Andy Katz of ESPN confirms that Bernie is a fat dope.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6274057

/still don't know what's going on.

If you don't like Bernie FAIL and the thought of a bunch of toothless Cardinal fans weeping over being stood up at the altar, I don't know what's wrong with you. Yay Matt Painter. Boiler up!
@miklasz:
QuoteIf my information on Painter was wrong, then all I can do is wear it. Any or all criticism of me is justified. (1/2)

@miklasz:

QuoteI take pride in my reporting and my cred, so if this has blown up on me, then all I can do is apologize profusely. (2/2)

@miklasz:

QuoteAnd I know that isn't good enough for many of you. But my embarrassment is profound.

@miklasz

QuoteSomething changed and I have no idea what it was. Thanks for listening.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2011, 03:27:09 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 30, 2011, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: Brownie on March 30, 2011, 11:26:53 AM
Look for Matt Painter at Busch Stadium tomorrow, per the inimitable Bernie Miklasz.

Andy Katz of ESPN confirms that Bernie is a fat dope.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6274057

/still don't know what's going on.

If you don't like Bernie FAIL and the thought of a bunch of toothless Cardinal fans weeping over being stood up at the altar, I don't know what's wrong with you. Yay Matt Painter. Boiler up!
@miklasz:
QuoteIf my information on Painter was wrong, then all I can do is wear it. Any or all criticism of me is justified. (1/2)

@miklasz:

QuoteI take pride in my reporting and my cred, so if this has blown up on me, then all I can do is apologize profusely. (2/2)

@miklasz:

QuoteAnd I know that isn't good enough for many of you. But my embarrassment is profound.

@miklasz

QuoteSomething changed and I have no idea what it was. Thanks for listening.

Wow. I need a cigarette after that. Gil?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2011, 03:06:15 PM »
Jereme Richmond: coming soon to an NBDL arena near you!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this doesn't help Weber's chances of being around much longer.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2011, 03:06:15 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this doesn't help Weber's chances of being around much longer.

Great kid. Illinois will miss his leadership qualities. If he can duplicate his dominating 7 pts a game at the pro level, he's going to be special.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 05, 2011, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2011, 03:06:15 PM

Great kid. Illinois will miss his leadership qualities. If he can duplicate his dominating 7 pts a game at the pro level, he's going to be special.

He's now belittling people on Twitter. He's got a private account but people are RTing him anyway.

"My failure is better than your greatest success" was one of the brilliant quotes.

This program is poo.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
I honestly don't know what it'll take for Bruce Weber to get fired. This is ridiculous.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.