News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 54,936 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
The best part of that episode was the teaser for Mad Men.  J. Walt, you're absolutely right about the cast being truly awful, but the writing is just as much to blame for this show being utter shit.  It's the same three goddamn arguments over and over.  Also, why did Skinny Bitch feel the need to send ANYONE out to chase down Rick and Glenn, like, 20 minutes after they left?  Oh, right.  Just to have an excuse to get into a car accident, since they've been doing nothing but sitting on a farm for half of a season.  There was ONE goddamn zombie moment in that whole episode (unless you count Skinny Bitch driving like a woman, AMIRIGHT???).  Also, I loved how "previously on The Walking Dead" summed up the entire first half of the season with about 4 clips.  Fuck this fucking show.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 14, 2012, 01:19:05 PM
The best part of that episode was the teaser for Mad Men.  J. Walt, you're absolutely right about the cast being truly awful, but the writing is just as much to blame for this show being utter shit.  It's the same three goddamn arguments over and over.  Also, why did Skinny Bitch feel the need to send ANYONE out to chase down Rick and Glenn, like, 20 minutes after they left?  Oh, right.  Just to have an excuse to get into a car accident, since they've been doing nothing but sitting on a farm for half of a season.  There was ONE goddamn zombie moment in that whole episode (unless you count Skinny Bitch driving like a woman, AMIRIGHT???).  Also, I loved how "previously on The Walking Dead" summed up the entire first half of the season with about 4 clips.  Fuck this fucking show.

I don't think there's anything in here that's wrong.

To Skinny Bitch (who had the weird arm thing going on in this episode too): Why didn't you map out your trip to town before you left the farm?  Why did you need to pull out (||) a map while you were driving?  If you're going out into the zombie wasteland with limited fuel supplies, wouldn't you want to minimize your trip and secure the route in advance?

I don't think this is nitpicking.  For a show that putatively focuses on how one lives their life in the aftermath of something like this, it would appear to be axiomatic.

But, yeah, fuck it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
It's the same three goddamn arguments over and over.  

1. Who gets to use guns and who doesn't.
2. The zombies are no longer human beings. Yes they are, that's my relative / loved one.
3. Who gave you the right to be in charge and / or make decisions for everyone else?

You mean those three goddamn arguments?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
Quote from: flannj on February 14, 2012, 01:36:38 PM

2. The zombies are no longer human beings. Yes they are, that's my relative / loved one.
3. Who gave you the right to be in charge and / or make decisions for everone else?

You forgot: "Is it even worth living anymore if this is how we have to live?"
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 14, 2012, 02:48:24 PM

3. Who gave you the right to be in charge and / or make decisions for everone else?

And "Will any of us other than Rick, Glenn, and Shane ever get to have secks again?  With a woman, that is?"
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 14, 2012, 04:42:59 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 14, 2012, 02:48:24 PM

And "Will any of us other than Rick, Glenn, and Shane ever get to have secks again?  With a woman, that is?"

Also: "Where are we going to go, Fort Benning or some other fresh hell?"
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »

That's what bugged me. They just left and she is trying to send Daryl to get them and Herschel? THEY WENT TO GET HERSCHEL. It's like trying to clean up a puddle of piss by pissing on it. Fuck you lady. Please be dead. PLEASE BE DEAD.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 14, 2012, 11:07:32 PM

That's what bugged me. They just left and she is trying to send Daryl to get them and Herschel? THEY WENT TO GET HERSCHEL. It's like trying to clean up a puddle of piss by pissing on it. Fuck you lady. Please be dead. PLEASE BE DEAD.

Leave Daryl alone, Skinny Bitch; do your own dirty work (that has no plausible rationale for being done in the first place)

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

3. Who gave you the right to be in charge and / or make decisions for everyone else?

Basically.  Though I would replace #1 with, "Is it morally irresponsible to bear/raise a child in this new, horrible world where the soulless walk the earth bickering at each other for 20 hours a day?"  I think #1 fits into #3.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 14, 2012, 11:07:32 PM

I HATE THIS GODDAMN SHOW.

I officially cut it from my DVR roster, so I expect to come in here and be entertained on a weekly basis by how horrible it remains.  Remains.  Get it?  LIKE DEAD PEOPLE.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 13, 2012, 10:42:27 AM
Not to diminish Michael Raymond-James, but the fact that he can walk into this show for a ten-minute stint and utterly fucking own it suggests to me that maybe the biggest problem with this show is actually the cast.

Now that I'm thinking about it, all of the actors, aside from maybe Norman Reedus, seem pretty one-note. And that could pose some problems when it comes to rich characterization.

Maybe the writers' biggest problem is not recognizing their actors' limitations.

I'm pretty sure my 3 favorite characters on this show (other than Daryl) were:

1. Dude from Terriers from the bar scene
2. Scientist at the CDC
3. Black dude who was holed up in his house with his kid in the pilot

All of them were either killed off immediately or haven't been seen since the pilot. Contrast that with Lost, where when the writers saw what they had in the Ben Linus character, scrapped their plans to kill him off and decided to keep him in the show. Boourns.

I'd really like to talk about Justified because it's so goddamn good but I'm like 3 episodes behind so I'll just have a quick sad instead of clicking on that thread.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 19, 2012, 10:22:03 AM
Not to diminish Michael Raymond-James, but the fact that he can walk into this show for a ten-minute stint and utterly fucking own it suggests to me that maybe the biggest problem with this show is actually the cast.

Now that I'm thinking about it, all of the actors, aside from maybe Norman Reedus, seem pretty one-note. And that could pose some problems when it comes to rich characterization.

Maybe the writers' biggest problem is not recognizing their actors' limitations.

2. Scientist at the CDC

All of them were either killed off immediately or haven't been seen since the pilot. Contrast that with Lost, where when the writers saw what they had in the Ben Linus character, scrapped their plans to kill him off and decided to keep him in the show. Boourns.

I'd really like to talk about Justified because it's so goddamn good but I'm like 3 episodes behind so I'll just have a quick sad instead of clicking on that thread.

Can't wait to see the fallout from the car accident tonight. 44 minutes of mourning over the baby that never was and Herschel and Rick squabbling over how or if they should let them stay at the farm until she heals from her injuries while Shane stews in the background and probably makes fun of Dale for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, off in the distance where there are no cameras, zombies do cool shit.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2012, 03:44:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 19, 2012, 04:28:18 PM

2. Scientist at the CDC

Can't wait to see the fallout from the car accident tonight. 44 minutes of mourning over the baby that never was and Herschel and Rick squabbling over how or if they should let them stay at the farm until she heals from her injuries while Shane stews in the background and probably makes fun of Dale for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, off in the distance where there are no cameras, zombies do cool shit.

Ha, they sure showed you.  They brought in Damian from Rescue Me to almost get them all killed as they weighed the moral implications of helping other non-zombies.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 20, 2012, 03:44:26 PM

2. Scientist at the CDC

Ha, they sure showed you.  They brought in Damian from Rescue Me to almost get them all killed as they weighed the moral implications of helping other non-zombies.

I thought this episode was less bad than previous ones. I just watched it last night so bear with me. Did everyone quit on this? I'm surprised no one else had anything to say.

I think Rick getting pissed off is definitely a good thing but I'm annoyed that Lori is playing him like a fiddle. I don't think there's any doubt she hates herself for having fallen for Shane and the fact that she won't admit to him that it was real for a time is what's making this division so irreparable.

That said, THIS STORYLINE IS FUCKING BULLSHIT AND IT'S SOAP OPERA SHIT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A HORROR SHOW AND NOW IT'S ALL MY CHILDREN ON A FUCKING FARM.

Anyway, the firefight was cool and the zombie tearing it's face skin off trying to eat Lori was bad ass. Too bad he failed. Nice to see her flip her car and not sustain any injuries and everyone just assumes the baby is fine. Not one person asked, "Hey, you were in a car accident don't you think it's possible that you might have lost the baby?" Nope.

And yeah, Rick trying to save that dipshit from the fence was retarded. And Glenn's even turning into a sopping wet pussy.

What is all this love shit?

I hate every single character in this show.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 21, 2012, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: morpheus on February 20, 2012, 03:44:26 PM

2. Scientist at the CDC

I thought this episode was less bad than previous ones. I just watched it last night so bear with me. Did everyone quit on this? I'm surprised no one else had anything to say.

I think Rick getting pissed off is definitely a good thing but I'm annoyed that Lori is playing him like a fiddle. I don't think there's any doubt she hates herself for having fallen for Shane and the fact that she won't admit to him that it was real for a time is what's making this division so irreparable.

That said, THIS STORYLINE IS FUCKING BULLSHIT AND IT'S SOAP OPERA SHIT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A HORROR SHOW AND NOW IT'S ALL MY CHILDREN ON A FUCKING FARM.

Anyway, the firefight was cool and the zombie tearing it's face skin off trying to eat Lori was bad ass. Too bad he failed. Nice to see her flip her car and not sustain any injuries and everyone just assumes the baby is fine. Not one person asked, "Hey, you were in a car accident don't you think it's possible that you might have lost the baby?" Nope.

And yeah, Rick trying to save that dipshit from the fence was retarded. And Glenn's even turning into a sopping wet pussy.

What is all this love shit?

I hate every single character in this show.

Be sure to tune in next week!
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.