News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 54,961 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »
Also: apparently Carl didn't get the memo about using their knives more now.

What a little asshole.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 11, 2012, 11:15:20 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on March 11, 2012, 10:32:49 PM
So, how the fuck was bohunk infected?

Airborne zombification? I don't get it.

Either way, finally something is happening.

Same thing with the kid they were keeping in the barn.  Bohunk only snapped his neck, but he came back full zombie.  Games are changing.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 12, 2012, 04:36:25 AM

Same thing with the kid they were keeping in the barn.  Bohunk only snapped his neck, but he came back full zombie.  Games are changing.

And the security guard zombies Rick and Shane killed at that school a couple episodes back.

Let it never be said that TDubbs can't CONNECT those narrative DOTS, folks.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 12, 2012, 02:04:32 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 11, 2012, 11:36:55 PM

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jenner, the CDC guy, whispered something to Rick about the blood tests?

Could it have been that Bohunk was infected?  Hence the violent mood swings and the sudden transformation post-death?

Maybe some people are semi-resistant carriers of the virus for whom it isn't fatal and who thus only fully zombify after dying from other causes.

THIS.  I said virtually the same thing to SMorph last night when Glenn and Daryl found Randall.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 12, 2012, 08:36:06 AM

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jenner, the CDC guy, whispered something to Rick about the blood tests?

Could it have been that Bohunk was infected?  Hence the violent mood swings and the sudden transformation post-death?

Maybe some people are semi-resistant carriers of the virus for whom it isn't fatal and who thus only fully zombify after dying from other causes.

THIS.  I said virtually the same thing to SMorph last night when Glenn and Daryl found Randall.

I wonder if Shane got infected when he got all stabby with that horde of zombies when he was trapped on the bus. He may have swapped blood with Randall when he squeezed his raw wrists through the shackles.

Even the good episodes of this show piss me off. The way the final scene with Carl shooting Zane was staged was just dumb. Having Carl say "Dad, get down" and blowing Zane's face off to redeem himself for being a dipshit with the Dale zombie would've been better than the weird, supposed to be suspenseful setup of "IS CARL GOING TO SHOOT HIS DAD?"

The CDC guy probably figured out that the virus or whatever was mutating into something airborne.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:56 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 12, 2012, 09:01:41 AM
Even the good episodes of this show piss me off. The way the final scene with Carl shooting Zane was staged was just dumb. Having Carl say "Dad, get down" and blowing Zane's face off to redeem himself for being a dipshit with the Dale zombie would've been better than the weird, supposed to be suspenseful setup of "IS CARL GOING TO SHOOT HIS DAD?"

Fuck that little dipshit.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »

I wonder if Shane got infected when he got all stabby with that horde of zombies when he was trapped on the bus. He may have swapped blood with Randall when he squeezed his raw wrists through the shackles.

The CDC guy probably figured out that the virus or whatever was mutating into something airborne.

Several things about that scene pissed me off.  First, the establishing shot after the Shane kill shows that they weren't too far away from the farm house.  So what was Shane going to do?  Put Rick down within earshot of the entire group?  Second, the first gunshot fired when Rick stabs Shane does nothing in terms of attracting the zombies, but the second shot from Carl does?  What happened during the barn shooting spree?  Third, after it's been established that going out into the woods at night is bad idea, the men of the group again...go out into the woods at night.

But, hey, more lines for T-Dog, amiright?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 12, 2012, 09:27:31 AM

Several things about that scene pissed me off.  First, the establishing shot after the Shane kill shows that they weren't too far away from the farm house.  So what was Shane going to do?  Put Rick down within earshot of the entire group?  Second, the first gunshot fired when Rick stabs Shane does nothing in terms of attracting the zombies, but the second shot from Carl does?  What happened during the barn shooting spree?  Third, after it's been established that going out into the woods at night is bad idea, the men of the group again...go out into the woods at night.

AW HELL NAW!

Every plotline on this show is driven by someone doing something stupid.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 12, 2012, 09:31:50 AM

AW HELL NAW!

To be fair, almost all zombie stories involve someone doing something stupid that dooms them all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
(not meant as a defense of lazy writing. Just giving the devil his due.)
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 12, 2012, 09:31:50 AM

AW HELL NAW!

Side note: was I the only one who found that Mad Men ad juxtaposing it and The Walking Dead absoultely unbearable?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 12, 2012, 12:17:39 PM
Side note: was I the only one who found that Mad Men ad juxtaposing it and The Walking Dead absoultely unbearable?

No. That was a retarded ball of awful.

I blame PenFoe.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

On the Talking Dead, which we watched out of pure laze - Maggie's real life person portrayer lady mentioned she thought Shane lured Rick out in order to have him kill him. Basically, if you take into account Shane doing work around the house while stewing over his new role as Rick's Bitch and notice that a) not being able to have Lori and Carl is becoming unbearable to his person and b) Lori's speech to him basically saying thanks but no thanks made up his mind that he didn't want to live anymore.

So he did what he thought was right, killing Randall, who he deemed a threat to Carl and Lori's safety and then made up the story to lure Rick out into the arguably not so distant woods only to pull his gun on him, taunt him about what a terrible father/man he is which in turn led to Rick actually getting mad enough to kill Shane.

It might be crazy enough to work although it's still a bit of a stretch. I kind of like the theory.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:14 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 12, 2012, 09:13:56 AM

Why can't we have nice things?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 14, 2012, 01:32:14 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 12, 2012, 09:13:56 AM

Why can't we have nice things?

Holy shit that's Huey
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.