News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  ( 54,808 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 15, 2012, 11:12:14 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 15, 2012, 09:33:37 AM
I liked it. There wasn't any bitching about who's in charge or what should we do next or any of that bullplop that weighed down last season and the plot wasn't driven by someone being a moron. They're working together as a team with defined roles and it's resulting in some serious zombie carnage.

One thing though - can you get infected if you get zombie blood in your mouth? That came to mind when they were messily impaling zombie brains inches away from their own faces.

Remember from the end of last season: they're all infected anyway.

Some might call that a GAME CHANGER.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2012, 11:45:31 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 15, 2012, 11:43:23 AM
I liked it. There wasn't any bitching about who's in charge or what should we do next or any of that bullplop that weighed down last season and the plot wasn't driven by someone being a moron. They're working together as a team with defined roles and it's resulting in some serious zombie carnage.

One thing though - can you get infected if you get zombie blood in your mouth? That came to mind when they were messily impaling zombie brains inches away from their own faces.

Yeah but that just meant that they would become zombies if they died. What I'm asking is - does drinking zombie buttspray immediately turn you into a zombie? Or is getting bitten the only way?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 15, 2012, 11:45:31 AM

Yeah but that just meant that they would become zombies if they died. What I'm asking is - does drinking zombie buttspray immediately turn you into a zombie? Or is getting bitten the only way?

I recall them believing so early on, but they've been practically bathing in the stuff since the middle of the first season or so.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 15, 2012, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 15, 2012, 11:45:31 AM

I recall them believing so early on, but they've been practically bathing in the stuff since the middle of the first season or so.

That's what I was thinking as well, that is, aside from the accidental mouth-spray, this stuff has to be seeping into their pores and/or inhaled at some point.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
They may be eating cat food and owl, but at least they still have a ready supply of beverage straws. And garish silencers.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37:47 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 15, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
They may be eating cat food and owl, but at least they still have a ready supply of beverage straws. And garish silencers.

Suppressors.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 15, 2012, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 15, 2012, 10:17:09 PM

Suppressors.

Flannj: the Huey of firearm accessory nomenclature?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »
I would also note that although the lights were on in the yard, nobody appears to have availed himself of one of the switches inside.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
"Previously, on AMC's Walking Dead... Not to spoil anything, but— HEY, GUYS, REMEMBER MERLE?!"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »
There appear now to be two "moons." /gilspoiler

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
I demand a T-Dog-centric episode sometime soon.  As a concession to this demand, this episode may also contain the seemingly inevitable Governor-Andrea ugly-bumping that was prefigured by the Shane-Andrea Hyundai sesh in season 2.  But nothing more that isn't T-Dog!!

Additionally, we're going to see a Merle/Daryl shootout at some point, aren't we?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
So far I think it's great. I like that they're opening up other parts of the world and stories from other camps. That's what this show needed. And more zombie murdering. It's done that, too.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 30, 2012, 06:36:42 PM
Additionally, we're going to see a Merle/Daryl shootout at some point, aren't we?

That'll hopefully get interesting.

Maybe I've just got Star Wars on the mind, but I'm kind of feeling like...

Daryl : Merle : The Governor :: Luke : Vader : The Emperor

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
I am dense but what was with the aquarium of zombie heads?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 30, 2012, 09:57:57 PM
I am dense but what was with the aquarium of zombie heads?

I took it as a sign that the Governor has been collecting the heads of people who opposed him and enjoyed sadistically looking at them.

As an aside, the comics (while providing for the basic premise and some of the character construction) are not driving the story at this point.  The discovery of the prison and the introduction of Woodbury occurred much later in the comics compared to the show.

Nevertheless, I like where the season has been going so far.

But please, let Lori die sometime soon.  Perhaps being pushed to far by T-Dog, who eventually snaps and shoots her in the face.  The remainder of the survivors would then celebrate joyously.